Jun 07, 2016, 02:15 AM
Thread OP
Help!

[SOLVED] My friends first build will only hover with zero pids.

Hi.

My friend are having issuse with his first build.
When he tries to hover it, the motors surge and it's impossible to control, tries to flip and oscillates.
Without pids however... It hover but is uncontrollable..

What gives?

Things we've tried:
Changed to a different manufactured FC.
Flashed to and from clean/betaflight.
Changed settings in BLHeli.

We've kinda let go on the idea that this is a esc/motor issue since we cannot see any fault in cleanflight when test the motors out.

The drone in question is the ZMR210 ARF, Littlebees, red bottom emax, pdb.

Thanks
Emil
Last edited by Emulle; Jun 07, 2016 at 01:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 07, 2016, 06:30 AM
I void warranties
Hm, I can NOT CONFIRM this as a cause but have you considered that you don't have your board defined correctly so it thinks it's upside down?

If it's defined wrong and it thinks the quad is upside down the first thing it does is try to flip over. Now, if you've taken all corrective power away from it (PID'S at zero) then perhaps it's not able to "right" it's self (or so it thinks) and this is a cause of your buddies issues...
Jun 07, 2016, 07:41 AM
You need to set the pids.
Jun 07, 2016, 07:57 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal_Killer
Hm, I can NOT CONFIRM this as a cause but have you considered that you don't have your board defined correctly so it thinks it's upside down?

If it's defined wrong and it thinks the quad is upside down the first thing it does is try to flip over. Now, if you've taken all corrective power away from it (PID'S at zero) then perhaps it's not able to "right" it's self (or so it thinks) and this is a cause of your buddies issues...
We've been over board orientation and that is not the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingeragents
You need to set the pids.
Of course pids is needed, the thing is it will not stay in the air, with whatever pids used.
It will only hover, without surging/twitching on zero pids.
Jun 07, 2016, 08:53 AM
Unless im understanding you wrong that is normal. The pids are what keeps the craft stable. Having them all at 0 isnt gonna stabilize it.

Edit. Do you mean it flies bad WITH pids?
Jun 07, 2016, 10:03 AM
I void warranties
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulle
We've been over board orientation and that is not the issue.
What steps did you follow to confirm you have it correct?
The multiwii wiki page for sensor defines will tell you how they should react to different movements.

What happens if you try to fly (with default PID's) in acro mode? Video please...
Jun 07, 2016, 01:26 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingeragents
Unless im understanding you wrong that is normal. The pids are what keeps the craft stable. Having them all at 0 isnt gonna stabilize it.

Edit. Do you mean it flies bad WITH pids?
It simply couldn't fly with pids, it would surge and twitch uncontrollable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal_Killer
What steps did you follow to confirm you have it correct?
The multiwii wiki page for sensor defines will tell you how they should react to different movements.

What happens if you try to fly (with default PID's) in acro mode? Video please...
The sensor would act just fine in cleanflight, as would the motors.

I don't know how, and I don't know why but the problem have seem to go away!

He reflashed it(again) and "calibrated it a hundred times"(his own words) and it simply flew.

Quick Reply