Redcat rampage 1/5 electric takes off at random - RC Groups
Jun 06, 2016, 10:08 PM
Discussion

Redcat rampage 1/5 electric takes off at random

Hi guys. I just entered the world of the RC (this friday) ) welcome to me! I couldn't get it set up at first (even though I was thinking I'm pretty tech savy) but anyways, today is Monday and I called redcat and they helped me adj the sterling wheel and the truck together ($900) well anyways... Today is the first day I been using it, and first couple hours I was having time of my life (24y/o guy) and when I got home I had nephews over and they were excited to see the truck and I started showing it to them and all of the sudden my truck took off like crazy!! It went right pass me (this thing goes 60 mph) and hit the table. Good no one was there, so anyways... I look it over and didn't see anything abnormal with it I took it to the park, and after 5 min it did it again... This time it went far far away, while it was driving away I turned off my remote which made it stop and before I could walk to it it took off again and this time it got scratched and stuff. Anyways I been surfing Internet for the couple last hours and found few ppl telling that battery might cause this issue... I use 2.7hgz I think... Or 2.4? Well it's a decimal. It's in the garage /: anyways... I have brand new batteries installed in remote on friday and only pretty much drove once, and RC has fully charged ones... Anyone came across this???
to remove ads between posts
Jun 07, 2016, 06:37 AM
Suspended Account
unplug rc battery every time that wont happen
Jun 07, 2016, 12:01 PM
Hi, well u see before I used second time I put my batteries on charger and technically I unplug them... And it still happened on fully charged batteries
Jun 07, 2016, 12:36 PM
Suspended Account
usually wont as long as radio is on check for bad rx
Jun 07, 2016, 01:52 PM
Hi thank you for reply. I have reached to company today and they have stated its bad controller. So if anyone has had similar issues. Hopefully that will help.
Jun 30, 2016, 01:10 PM
So did red cat swap out your RC?
Jun 30, 2016, 01:23 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaker777
Hi thank you for reply. I have reached to company today and they have stated its bad controller. So if anyone has had similar issues. Hopefully that will help.
That's the first ting to check.

Quick Reply