Jun 06, 2016, 08:28 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Fatshark Dominator V2 or HD2 or V3?

I have heard that all are great product though I am not sure which one to go which for racing. I have heard that the v3 have a 16:9 scale screen which can stretch some video input that is what I am scared of for fpv racing. I know that most people use the HD2s for racing though I am coming from the teleporter v3s and I am scared that the wide fov of the hd2 and v3 will overwhelm me while racing so that is why im also thinking about the v2s. I have also heard that the HD2s are quite overpriced for their quality. Any suggestions?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 06, 2016, 09:14 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
get the one thats in your budget, all are great!
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Jun 06, 2016, 10:28 PM
All the fastest racers at the race I went to yesterday wore HD2's FWIW
Jun 07, 2016, 12:44 AM
Until there is a 16:9 ccd camera, the 16:9 format is going to lack popularity. There is a cmos version of it but apparently with some extra latency
Jun 07, 2016, 02:03 AM
Its a tough question i just went through. The more I read the more conf7sed i got. I bit the bullet and just went with V3 as i knew i could sell if I didnt like it.
Coming from v1 I love them. The 16.9 using normal camera is fine, i notice no stretching. I would've gone v2 if i could find some, but glad i got these with dvr.
Jun 07, 2016, 12:17 PM
Thread OP
Hey damoz what type of camera are you using
I have the hs1177 just making sure they would work with mine
also do you think they are better than the v2 standards?
Jun 07, 2016, 12:27 PM
Im using the hs1177 with my V3, its fine. Im waiting for my internal diversity module, so I'm using a compact base station for now
Jun 08, 2016, 04:34 AM
Yes hs117.
I havent used the V2. I would have got them if I could fi d them and Attitude V3 are meant to be the same optics.
I have found as long as the IPD distance is right I love them. Much clearer picture than Dom V1's I have been using for the last few years.
Jun 08, 2016, 08:10 AM
YouTube: Sky Studio
I use the v2's and they work perfect for me. I have used them for a FPV glider, hexacopter (for filming), and a racing quadcopter (versacopter). I've never had any issues. They work fine and are the cheapest right now. There's really not much of a diff of all three goggles but there is a big price difference.

~Sky

Quick Reply