HobbyKing Russell 2000mm Hotliner

The Russell is a 2M sailplane designed to be a great first hotliner or sport model. The fuselage is fiberglass with carbon fiber tow reinforcements and a bell crank system to control the full flying stabilizer...

Splash

2M High Performance Hotliner

The Russell is a 2M sailplane designed to be a great first hotliner or sport model. The fuselage is fiberglass with carbon fiber tow reinforcements and a bell crank system to control the full flying stabilizer. The wings are foam core and sheeted with Obechi wood with the ailerons live hinged and ready to go. There is a motor mount installed so you can fit a 22mm brushless inrunner inside the fuse. It runs just over $183 and you'll need to provide your own electronics to finish it out. You can check out the Russell at HobbyKing.

Jun 06, 2016, 02:38 PM
I have an HK Specter 1800 and I love it to death. I was even a lucky one who got one with no QC problems other than rusty pushrods I had to replace. That being said and considering all the stories about HK's QC... I would be very wary about powering a HK model up to true "hotliner" levels of performance. I would definitely wait for reviews before pulling the trigger on this one.

Cheers!
Jun 08, 2016, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlngh
I would be very wary about powering a HK model up to true "hotliner" levels of performance. I would definitely wait for reviews before pulling the trigger on this one.

Cheers!
I agree on that too. The Russell is better classified as a warmliner, than a hotliner. To power it up with a hot Neu, Leomotion or a Jeti race set up is asking for trouble
Feb 04, 2017, 02:41 PM
Ken W
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterpiece
I agree on that too. The Russell is better classified as a warmliner, than a hotliner. To power it up with a hot Neu, Leomotion or a Jeti race set up is asking for trouble
Why would you say asking for trouble by using a hot set up? I was gonna put a 3600 kv motor with a 10x6 folding prop on 4s. I already extended the wing spur and drilled for screws also the elevator.
Last edited by ken willis; Feb 04, 2017 at 02:48 PM.