Oct 29, 2017, 06:53 PM
I got my Wyvern painted and ready for electronics. I'm planning to install a 3542 1250kv motor in it. Thats what I used on the specter.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 29, 2017, 07:33 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
nice!
Nov 07, 2017, 03:42 PM
Flyer of the Lands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiowa mech
I got my Wyvern painted and ready for electronics. I'm planning to install a 3542 1250kv motor in it. Thats what I used on the specter.
The 3542 1250 is what I and a bunch of other guys use as the standard motor for the Chimera (original - big wyvern). Are you positive you'd want to use that motor on this little race plane? I have a Wyvern almost done, and will either put the Cobra 2217 2200kv in it or the NTM Prop Drive 2836 3000KV. The 1250 is a good cruiser but for upwards of a 5 to 6lb. 50+ in. wingspan plane imo. What prop / cell count did you run on your specter? I couldn't fit much more than an 8" prop on my specter due to the way I installed the booms, but on the 3542 on 4s I run a 10x6. Couldn't imagine running a 10" prop on the wyvern - it'll probably make it barrel roll right out of your hand on launch. Curious to see if you went ahead with that motor and have since maidened it. Curious to see what your results were. Thanks man.
Last edited by NJFPV; Nov 07, 2017 at 03:57 PM.
Nov 07, 2017, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFPV
The 3542 1250 is what I and a bunch of other guys use as the standard motor for the Chimera (original - big wyvern). Are you positive you'd want to use that motor on this little race plane? I have a Wyvern almost done, and will either put the Cobra 2217 2200kv in it or the NTM Prop Drive 2836 3000KV. The 1250 is a good cruiser but for upwards of a 5 to 6lb. 50+ in. wingspan plane imo. What prop / cell count did you run on your specter? I couldn't fit much more than an 8" prop on my specter due to the way I installed the booms, but on the 3542 on 4s I run a 10x6. Couldn't imagine running a 10" prop on the wyvern - it'll probably make it barrel roll right out of your hand on launch. Curious to see if you went ahead with that motor and have since maidened it. Curious to see what your results were. Thanks man.
Thats the exact motor with a 9x6 prop that came out of my specter. I'm hoping to maiden the Wyvern this week. I never had any torque roll issues launching my specter with that setup. It felt a little anemic with a smaller motor. I had to add a little nose weight the get the CG in of course. I also had to make a different motor mount because the stock one didnt leave an option for removing the motor without digging into the foam.
Nov 12, 2017, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Thats the exact motor with a 9x6 prop that came out of my specter. I'm hoping to maiden the Wyvern this week. I never had any torque roll issues launching my specter with that setup. It felt a little anemic with a smaller motor. I had to add a little nose weight the get the CG in of course. I also had to make a different motor mount because the stock one didnt leave an option for removing the motor without digging into the foam.
that motor and prop are too large for the wyvern. I have two - a Wyvern SE and a prototype Wyvern V3 I have been testing for Alex.
Nov 12, 2017, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Won2Race
that motor and prop are too large for the wyvern. I have two - a Wyvern SE and a prototype Wyvern V3 I have been testing for Alex.
It is, you are right. I'm waiting for a smaller high KV motor to come in.
Apr 04, 2018, 01:25 PM
Quote:
As per motor mount. I use something like these on my wings so motor change is easy.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/eflite-...xoC__oQAvD_BwE

After re-reading this the wing comes with a L type plastic mount, did yours not?
Last edited by Claytonbakerjr; Apr 04, 2018 at 01:45 PM.
Apr 04, 2018, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Alex, are you saying to sand the edges the get the 3/16 " toe in? Is that also for the mid wing stabilizers?
Following this. I am interested in this as well. I am looking to grab one of these wings within a few weeks.
Apr 04, 2018, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Yeah the kit comes with laminate. Sure it can be a sport plane, some guys were even flying it in 3S and having a blast.
@jason cole
You mentioned using Krylon paint. Could you be a little more specific? I have used PlastiDip on my other wings but
it requires multiple coats to really do a good job. Just curious if there was a specific Krylon paint you used since some
shaker can paints can be a bad thing to EPP.
Apr 04, 2018, 02:36 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
I used Krylon Fusion paint on it. Seems to work great, I've used it on other EPP planes as well.
May 23, 2018, 11:32 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
Picked up a V3 from the man himself at Nall, now to start choosing components and picking out a role for this in my hangar. Speed, FPV, LEDs, all of the above. And it'll need a decent paint scheme.

Currently leaning to a pair of 2205 2300kv motors on 5" props, should haul some booty, though may not be race legal

Quick Reply