BQE 210 - compact X frame basher for 5" props - RC Groups
Jun 03, 2016, 06:45 PM
New Product

BQE 210 - compact X frame basher for 5" props

The first round of prototypes are in, and about to be delivered to a few test pilots here in NYC... so I thought I'd introduce the BQE 210.

My goal with this frame was to make a beefed up basher that could take some serious urban abuse. It's designed for 22xx motors and 5" props. High quality 4mm carbon bottom plate and 2mm top. Multiple vtx mounting options and adjustable camera bracket slot.

Talk to me people! Let me know what you think.

http://bqe.io
Last edited by mellowvision; Nov 08, 2016 at 04:57 PM. Reason: added url
to remove ads between posts
Jun 03, 2016, 06:46 PM
EDIT Nov 8 2016: We've got new v3 frames in stock. We took what we learned over the past 6 months of testing and think this is our strongest and lightest version yet. 4g lighter. Quasi-isotopic carbon. Reinforced bolt holes. Thinner arms. You told us what you wanted as crash pilots, and we listened.

http://bqe.io/shop/bqe-210-version-3-0/
Last edited by mellowvision; Nov 08, 2016 at 04:55 PM.
Jun 03, 2016, 09:25 PM
Armattan Spy
Looks like a solid frame! Nice work!!
You could lose a few grams and increase the airflow around the arms by not making them as wide... IMHO
Who is cutting you r frames, btw?
Jun 03, 2016, 09:43 PM
It's good to be geek!
Those arms look made for KISS ESCs. ;-)

Like I said on Facebook... I'm looking forward to build photos and flight videos. It does look good. Makes me want to build one just out of curiosity. ;-)
Jun 04, 2016, 02:20 PM
Definitely looks like it can take a beating! Certainly looking forwards to seeing these in the skies at the next meetup.
Jun 04, 2016, 08:09 PM
Fly No Evil
Is it more B or Q?
Jun 04, 2016, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnecJP
You could lose a few grams and increase the airflow around the arms by not making them as wide...
It's true. but I wasn't trying to build the lightest X frame... there are good options out there. I wanted to build something that can take the abuse of flying around a lot of concrete and steel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSatoV
Those arms look made for KISS ESCs. ;-)
Definitely. One of my pet peeves is seeing esc's hanging off the arms. These arms are 27mm wide, so you can throw almost any big old esc on there without worrying that they won't fit or aren't well protected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbitton
Is it more B or Q?
HAHA You know it's probably a little more B than Q... I've lived in Brooklyn for over 25 years now. But, Queens is where the flying is at and Queens is where my test pilots are at. I've got nothing but love for Queens.
Jun 05, 2016, 02:54 PM
Fly No Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellowvision
HAHA You know it's probably a little more B than Q... I've lived in Brooklyn for over 25 years now. But, Queens is where the flying is at and Queens is where my test pilots are at. I've got nothing but love for Queens.
I've been flying Manhattan frames for a while
Jun 05, 2016, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbitton
I've been flying Manhattan frames for a while
Which ones do you mean?
Jun 05, 2016, 04:26 PM
@mellovision Frame is looking good and Ricky was putting a Pounding on it with those 30a esc. He did smack it into the ground a few times... Lol even the Dal props held together. So far an urban contender for sure. :-)
Jun 06, 2016, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectile
@mellovision Frame is looking good and Ricky was putting a Pounding on it with those 30a esc. He did smack it into the ground a few times... Lol even the Dal props held together. So far an urban contender for sure. :-)
Thanks Igor! Yeah, I missed most of his flights but I'm sure I'll get another chance to see him bash it around. I'm going to make some design revisions to make it even more bomb proof... and some other exciting news coming soon.
Jun 06, 2016, 12:58 PM
Fly No Evil
Quote:
Which ones do you mean?
Shendrone
Jun 07, 2016, 11:24 AM
Oh yeah! lol. Shen Drones are fantastic designs. Never thought of them as Manhattan frames, but it makes sense now that you say it.
Jun 08, 2016, 03:22 AM
It's good to be geek!
Quote:
It's true. but I wasn't trying to build the lightest X frame... there are good options out there. I wanted to build something that can take the abuse of flying around a lot of concrete and steel.
Which is becoming more and more common.

Definitely. One of my pet peeves is seeing esc's hanging off the arms. These arms are 27mm wide, so you can throw almost any big old esc on there without worrying that they won't fit or aren't well protected.
I don't like it either, but it's kind of a trade off, since arms create drag and reduce thrust. Guess it just depends on what you're goal is. For parking garage flying, this is probably a good way to go. Also, HMMM, maybe I finally have a home for my XRotor 40s! XD Now for some beastly motors to go on it.

Brooklyn Drones in the house! Why does that seem so frickin awesome to me? I'm from New Orleans/Los Angeles and never been to NYC! XD Everybody in the world knows about NYC, B, & C... to name a few. You should play that up more man. It's a big selling point.
Jun 17, 2016, 01:14 AM
I'm still waiting on a new Run Cam Swift to come and get installed, but finished up most of the wiring today.

Naze 32 Rev 5
Matek Mini Power Hub
XM30a mini escs
Emax 2204 2300kv motors
Dal 5" Triprops
Aomway 200mw VTX
D4R-ii with Great 3d Antenna mounts