This thread is privately moderated by randall_l, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 03, 2016, 02:32 PM
Just here for the pie.
Thread OP
Yippee!

QT day

Second day driving to the park in the morning. It helped that I took today off work so no rushing--gotta love banked time!

With me today were the Green Dog and Versus.

Of the 17 launches I got off with the Green Dog, I managed 6 QTs. I'm starting to be able to line it up where I can grab the peg, adjust my grip and launch without having to adjust my footing. I also managed my first 40m and 41m launches as well, so I'm fairly excited about that. Of course, I've only recently put the vario back in, so who knows what I've been getting for height. It definitely seemed higher today.

The wind started to pick up a little, so I switched over to the Versus for 14 flights before I noticed I was getting tired. Seven of those flights were from QTs. The Versus is a slower flyer, so it's easier to line it up and get a good grip. The peg is harder on my hand. The Green Dog has one of Eitan Ro's seagull pegs that I could launch all day with, but the Versus has the stock straight peg that I've sanded the edges round. I'm going to have some bruising.

My highest launch with the Versus today was 38m, lowest was 32. I noticed that my launches are higher off a QT than a standing launch.

It was a good day to test myself. My side hurts a bit from yesterday and that's how I developed the bad habit of using my arm to swing. I managed to keep it loose for the entire session today, so I'm happy about that.

The rest of my morning, I've spent essentially rebuilding the HK mini-DLG. I re-taped (using decent tape) the ailerons, adjusted the pull strings for rudder and elevator and glued the aileron servos in (removing the cruddy double-sided foam tape they used). I also started from scratch on the program for Taranis. I've checked out others on forums here, but they don't work the way I think and my current program isn't quite as flexible as I'd like it to be.

When I get it flying and tweaked, I'll post the program for anyone who wants to take a look.

Cheers!
Randall
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply