Jun 10, 2016, 12:14 PM
I'm into it! Potentially making the bungees & clasp a bit more robust could be good. Not sure what the strength of the stuff is. While we'd be holding <1kg quads on it and it's likely good enough, I think there may be a mental preference/bias or additional possible peace of mind if there were to be more beef to it.

Just $0.02
to remove ads between posts
Jun 10, 2016, 12:51 PM
Order one today and will get the FPV when it comes out! Great idea.
Jun 10, 2016, 12:53 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
First Look! https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2680745

Chair-Pak First Look (1 min 49 sec)
Jun 10, 2016, 06:19 PM
TwansFPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
I'm into it! Potentially making the bungees & clasp a bit more robust could be good. Not sure what the strength of the stuff is. While we'd be holding <1kg quads on it and it's likely good enough, I think there may be a mental preference/bias or additional possible peace of mind if there were to be more beef to it.

Just $0.02
Done. That bungee was definitely strong enough to hold 10x a 250's weight. But they do make thicker. I spoke with the developer and said he'll probably use the 1/4 inch instead just to ease any fears. Thank you for your feedback Metropolis. We are listening. Please tell your friends about it.

And thank YOU Jason! We truly appreciate your efforts and evaluation of our product. We're getting closer to 50 every day.
Last edited by TwansFPV; Jun 11, 2016 at 04:27 PM.
Jun 18, 2016, 10:45 AM
I got my chairpak in the mail the other day right before I left for a trip, so I haven't had much time to look it over. But with my initial impression I am very excited to try it out. Looks like a very high quality product and lots of thought went into the design.

Now just waiting for the drone pak. Hoping it gets enough feedback soon!
Jun 18, 2016, 11:13 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
We are getting closer to the 50 feedbacks for the drone insert! Almost there.
Jun 22, 2016, 07:50 AM
So, I mentioned before that I thought it was expensive and shipping to Canada was high.
Well...my wife and kids bought me the chair-Pak for father's day. I really hope they make the fpv add-on now. My chair-pak should be here any day.

49 of 50. Only one more vote needed
Jun 22, 2016, 02:41 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMILLAR View Post
So, I mentioned before that I thought it was expensive and shipping to Canada was high.
Well...my wife and kids bought me the chair-Pak for father's day. I really hope they make the fpv add-on now. My chair-pak should be here any day.

49 of 50. Only one more vote needed
Nice!
Jun 22, 2016, 05:23 PM
TwansFPV
I HAVE SOME VERY EXCITING NEWS.

Today was the magic day! We're now at 52 and counting.

I just confirmed with the developer that the FPV-Pak will officially be going into production!

Even though we've reached 50+, I still encourage anyone that wants one, or is considering one, to please sign up here so you'll be notified as to their progress and once they become available. I'll do my very best to keep everyone updated here as well.

Thank each and every one of you that helped to make this happen. We couldn't have done it without you!

And I personally can't wait to have the fruits of our labor in hand.
Last edited by TwansFPV; Jun 23, 2016 at 09:20 AM.
Jun 22, 2016, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twansfpv View Post
i have some very exciting news.

today was the magic day! We're now at 52 and counting.

i just confirmed with the developer that the fpv-pak will officially be going into production!

even though we've reached 50+, i still encourage anyone that wants one, or is considering one, to please sign up so you'll be notified as to their progress and once they become available. I'll do my very best to keep everyone updated here as well.

thank each and every one of you that helped to make this happen. We couldn't have done it without you!

and i personally can't wait to have the fruits of our labor in hand.
Woot!
Jun 24, 2016, 08:18 AM
My credit card is on stand by.
Jun 24, 2016, 05:12 PM
Had a chance to use my Chair-Pak yesterday. The quality is great!

It fit everything I normally take with me to the field. I need to find some way to protect my Taranis though.

I picked up some heavy duty rubber coated ties at Home depot that are usually used to organize extension chords to attach my quad to the back of the pack.

While flying the chair is great. I normally use a camping chair with arm rests and I find the arm rests annoying while trying to fly. The absence of arm rest on the Chair-pak was the thing I noticed right away. It felt so easy to get comfortable while flying. I was able to get so into my flights I forgot I was even in the Chair-pak to be honest.
The back rest is recline-able with a friction strap under the seat so you can set it up however feels comfortable to you. When you need to unpack the bag you can fold the backrest down and its easy to get things out or pack it up.

If you are on the fence about getting the Chair-pak GET IT! You can thank me later...lol.
Jun 24, 2016, 05:22 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Glad you like it too!
Jun 24, 2016, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole View Post
Glad you like it too!
Thanks for doing the review! Can't wait for the FPV upgrade now!
If they need a beta tester for it, I'm ready. This thing is awesome.
Jun 25, 2016, 07:34 AM
TwansFPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMILLAR View Post
Had a chance to use my Chair-Pak yesterday. The quality is great!

It fit everything I normally take with me to the field. I need to find some way to protect my Taranis though.

I picked up some heavy duty rubber coated ties at Home depot that are usually used to organize extension chords to attach my quad to the back of the pack.

While flying the chair is great. I normally use a camping chair with arm rests and I find the arm rests annoying while trying to fly. The absence of arm rest on the Chair-pak was the thing I noticed right away. It felt so easy to get comfortable while flying. I was able to get so into my flights I forgot I was even in the Chair-pak to be honest.
The back rest is recline-able with a friction strap under the seat so you can set it up however feels comfortable to you. When you need to unpack the bag you can fold the backrest down and its easy to get things out or pack it up.

If you are on the fence about getting the Chair-pak GET IT! You can thank me later...lol.
So happy to hear that you like it! Thank you sharing your photos and experience with it so far.

There will be a radio mask included with the FPV-Pak and the prototype that I have works flawlessly (shown below). In the meantime though just as a quick fix you could always grab one of these radio masks from GetFPV for $14.99 if you wanted to. Just a thought. That's what I used before I got the prototype.

PS - I've got some other exciting news about some new features coming shortly.
Last edited by TwansFPV; Jun 25, 2016 at 09:10 AM.

Quick Reply