Esprit Model - 5 Things to Like!

RCGroups user NashVegas chimes in on why he likes Esprit Model!

Splash

What does Esprit Model have to offer? Let's find out from a customer...

While at our local field I ran into a local pilot who is also a member of RCGroups.com and FlyingGiants.com. We were talking about his Jeti transmitter and the topic of Esprit Model came up. I told him about an ESC I smoked at Joe Nall and how they had taken care of it, no questions asked. NashVegas expressed how James at Esprit had always taken care of him. That lead to this article:

Here are a few things that come to mind regarding Esprit:

1. First and foremost, Customer Service. Let's face it, most everything in this hobby is imported. One sure way to differentiate yourself from the competition is through excellence in customer service. Esprit understands this and it shows.
  2. High quality, diverse product offerings including the full Jeti product lineup. The Esprit web-store is very easy to navigate, and no one ships out product faster.
  3. Technical support. The folks at Esprit answer the phone, and display great patience and sincere effort in finding a resolution for customers in need.
  4. RC Groups support threads. Esprit employees actively participate in RC Groups support threads where customer can go for technical support, as well as answers for fine tuning their products.
  5. Online Video Tutorials. Esprit routinely provides high quality, professionally produced videos as a resource for their customers.

Jun 02, 2016, 12:37 PM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
I don't think I can look at these Jeti transmitters anymore...

Because if I do, I'm going to end up owning one!
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Jun 02, 2016, 12:48 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
Jeti's are like the Bentley's of the car world.
Very well built and priced accordingly.
Jun 02, 2016, 12:52 PM
Jus 1 more plane is all I need
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn

In full disclosure, I bumped into Jason Cole at the field a couple of months ago. Jason's Jeti radio was sitting on the picnic table and I asked if I could check it out. Jason said "sure, but if you pick it up, you will end up buying one". He was right!
Jun 02, 2016, 12:59 PM
Hey Matt,
The Dark side is calling you......
You don't wanna own one....you needed!!!

Manny
Jun 02, 2016, 06:20 PM
After having mine for almost a year now I could not ever imagine owning anything else. I know ZB takes a lot of flak on the forums but I ran into him at First in Flight jet rally and I must say I thought he was a great guy. Esprit in general has always been very helpful and left me with a positive impression everytime I deal with them.
Jun 03, 2016, 06:41 AM
Team Nobody
I love my DS-16 too! Just now starting to convert my planes over and learning the ins and outs of the programming.

Scott
Jun 06, 2016, 10:07 AM
I Fly in Colorado too!
+2.........

We have 3 maybe 4 new Jeti's at our club. I made the mistake of picking one up and holding it....... fighting the urge but I admit I am weak.

I really like the CNC box instead of the all the usual plastic. Feels great in the hands and I don't know any one that uses a Jeti with the Jeti receivers and has had a brown out.

Has any one had loss of control using this system?

Archie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn

Jun 06, 2016, 10:19 AM
AMA 7224
I've bought way too much stuff from Esprit and they have always been a top shelf outfit .
They provide fast shipping and great customer service also. The cookies are a nice touch.
Jun 06, 2016, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadchucker
I've bought way too much stuff from Esprit and they have always been a top shelf outfit .
They provide fast shipping and great customer service also. The cookies are a nice touch.
Cookies?
Jun 06, 2016, 06:56 PM
How could I have forgotten in my list.....

#6 Free Cookie:
shortbread cookie with chocolate backing included wth each order. Awesome!
Jun 09, 2016, 01:37 PM
In the past, I have heard of and seen the Jeti line of transmitters and receivers. However, I didn't really take a close look until the AMA Expo in Anaheim this year. I must say I was blown-away at the quality and craftsmanship.

Seems everyday I go back and forth with buying a Jeti or sticking with Spektrum. I understand the differences; its the cost that holding me back. Not the cost of the transmitter, its the cost of changing all my receivers, telemetry and gyros to Jeti. I have thousands and thousands invested in Spektrum and that makes it a difficult decision.

I guess an option would be to just keep those planes that are Spektrum, with the Spektrum electronics and anything new, go with the Jeti electronics.

Such a difficult decision for me!
Jun 09, 2016, 02:19 PM
I love my new Jeti, and all of the customer service the Esprit model provides, except for the 10% restocking fee....even when modifying an order before it's shipped.

Bobmixon, There are ways to use a Jeti with Spectrum receivers. I Use mine for both Spectrum and Frisky receivers that I previously had & it works flawlessly. Just takes a little tinkering.
Jun 09, 2016, 05:48 PM
I'm sure this is a techno-dumb question, but would it ever be possible that the Jeti TXs could be used with Spektrum, ENDORSED BY JETI/EPRIT MODELS? I would seriously love one of these radios but just have too many Spektrum RXs flying. Thanks in advance.
Jun 09, 2016, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamboF4
I'm sure this is a techno-dumb question, but would it ever be possible that the Jeti TXs could be used with Spektrum, ENDORSED BY JETI/EPRIT MODELS? I would seriously love one of these radios but just have too many Spektrum RXs flying. Thanks in advance.
You can always call Esprit and ask. I would recommend asking for James.

Also feel free to pose the question here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3301&page=1544

Quick Reply