Micro Aces Beta SE-5 - RC Groups
Jun 02, 2016, 06:48 AM
Build Log

Micro Aces Beta SE-5

Got my Micro Aces SE-5 yesterday no damage at all.

I have not read any of the prototype build or other build info as I wanted to build this right out of the bag.

The Fuselage build is pretty straight forward using the instructions/ pictures. The parts labeling does not jive to well with the instructions(Maybe it's just me), on the front former I wasn't sure which way to put the plastic covering front or back so I placed it on the back side.

The only other issue I had on the fuselage so far is I messed up slightly on the port side stripe alignment. You can see they were off a tad so I touched that up with a little paint. On to the tail....

Pete
to remove ads between posts
Jun 02, 2016, 11:45 AM
Crashing with style
Good news & great start Pete.

I've got a little change to the manual BTW. I haven't had a chance to change it in the 'official' Beta manual - but its this: thread the rigging wire BEFORE adding the top wing. Then tighten the wire once the top wing is on & glued!
Jun 02, 2016, 12:22 PM
Thanks Jon will do.

Pete
Jun 02, 2016, 01:15 PM
I'm watching Pete, looks fun
Jun 02, 2016, 08:55 PM
Crazy Canuck
Got mine today will need to wait a bit as June I will be traveling a bit and will be back early July. But I see Pete here is already on the move building this SE5a good to see your build here . Looks like you're on your way and doing a great job as usual.
Mine arrived no wrinkles or dents I guess the Postal system are nice to us now.
Jun 02, 2016, 09:05 PM
Crazy Canuck
I like your interior painting too will you be placing a seat in it too? Also is that a Captain Roy Brown bust pilot you got there already or just another British pilot. Will you use your own MG that you do. It would compliment the model well.
Jun 02, 2016, 09:14 PM
Crazy Canuck
double posted sorry
Jun 02, 2016, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtflyr
The parts labeling does not jive to well with the instructions(Maybe it's just me) ... .
Not just you, Pete - there are label mistakes in the instructions.

Gene K
Jun 02, 2016, 09:55 PM
Hey Paul,

Glad to see yours came in good shape too. I haven't heard from Gene yet to see if he got his.

My pilot figure is Capt. William A Bishop, for this his crate that operated out of Filescamp Farm, France, August 1917. He claimed 11 victories in this SE-5.
I may make my own Lewis and Vickers MG's and will also do the kits MGs or use parts.

You get yours yet Gene?

Pete
Jun 03, 2016, 07:53 AM
Crashing with style
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01
Not just you, Pete - there are label mistakes in the instructions.

Gene K
When you're ready, would like the feedback on that! - So I can correct.
Jun 03, 2016, 08:37 AM
Quote:
You get yours yet Gene?
To the chagrin of Paul, yes, I got both of my kits Wednesday - both in perfect condition!

Yours is looking great, Pete, esp the interior. In that regard, I used the same pastel chalks that I use to color the white Depron edges.

Gene K
Jun 03, 2016, 10:58 AM
noticed the pilot, have the same its about to be painted, yours will look a treat when its all dolled up
Jun 03, 2016, 11:31 AM
Thanks guys.

This bird should look pretty good provided I can do it some justice. Sorry Jon but I will divert some from a total Beta build. I will use some of my more detailed parts along with the kits. Mainly I'll beef up the tail skid with an additional clear light weight thin piece of plastic, a brass sheet Vickers gun, various parts of the kits Lewis gun and my own and a 1:24 scale pilot figure.

Pete
Jun 03, 2016, 04:18 PM
Crazy Canuck
I think Pete's additional detail will only make Jon's kit look even better. Don't think it will add any significant weight to the kit. Should be interesting how it will look. As with Pete's builds they look fantastic.
Jun 03, 2016, 07:15 PM
Quote:
... I messed up slightly on the port side stripe alignment.
My problem was with the starboard side!

The Skid is pretty substantial, I think - you did use both parts (Z8 and P2), right?

Gene K
Last edited by speedy01; Jun 04, 2016 at 11:21 AM.