Feb 02, 2002, 03:23 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Thread OP

Park/indoor EDF F-86 and MiG-15 production news!

The neat little molded foam indoor/park EDF F-86 and MiG-15 model mentioned here recently are headed for production!

Click here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...threadid=26746

and hop over to the Jets forum to hear how you can get in line and reserve one of your very own for delivery soon after the Toledo R/C show.

A picture to refresh your memory:
Latest blog entry: My 2022 event schedule.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2002, 01:24 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Thread OP
So, how many of you parkflyers are ready for a Foamie EDF that flys like a Tiger Moth on steroids??..
Feb 03, 2002, 04:07 PM
Hey, that looks nice! How about a flight report and some details on weight and gear requirements?
Feb 03, 2002, 04:28 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Thread OP
Browse the Jet Forum and there are some early reports on building and flying. The models both fly very groovy and almost too darn fast for indoors.

They use pull/pull controll linkages for aileron and elevator.

They are designed around the GWS EDF50 and the GWS Pico flight pack, or similar micro RX, 2 amp or better ESC and 6-8 gram servos. Perffered battery so far is an 8 cell 300 mah NiMH.

Weight is in the 7-8 oz range.

I need to go get the exact span and length figures, but they are both about 25" in span and 25" in length. Wing area is about 150-160 squares.
Feb 03, 2002, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the update Tom, those jets are just too cool.

I'm starting to see what everyone was talking about my credit card being in trouble when I first got addicted to eflight.

I just ordered a Switchback Sport! Oh well, thank goodness the Sabre's won't be ready for another ten weeks.

BC
Feb 03, 2002, 08:08 PM
Is there any chance of ordering a F-86 and having it delivered to the Toledo show? Are you going to have a booth set up at the show? I plan on going and it would be great to bring one of these kits home with me.
Thanks
Frank
Feb 04, 2002, 02:10 AM
Electric Coolhunter
Thread OP
fgroza, they have decided to do Toledo as a first come, first serve event and are taking no reservations for kits to be delivered at Toledo.

However, you being an Ezoner with the inside information, you can race directly to the Fantastic Models sbooth when you get there and score a kit. Other than the anouncement in this forum, I do not beleive that there is any other significant publicity going on.
Feb 06, 2002, 06:44 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Thread OP
Just got the booth number for Fantastic Models at Toledo. The booth number is:

Booth 137, Aisle E.

If you are going and want a kit, get there early...
Feb 06, 2002, 07:30 PM
take a look on the NIRAC website to see a video of it flying inside a gym. I have seen this plane fly several times and it really flies well. hope you like the video

-keith

Quick Reply