Seagull Hurricane 82" - new warbird... - RC Groups
Jun 01, 2016, 03:06 AM
Discussion

Seagull Hurricane 82" - new warbird...

Guys, it appears that Seagull Models is about to release a new model in the form of a stand-off scale Hurricane - 82 inch wingspan (same as the Spitfire), and for similar sized power plants (33-38cc gas engines or equivalent electric)

It looks a great partner for my Seagull Spitfire - though I feel certain that the 'scale-police' will be eager to knock it. However, for anyone that wants a Hurricane that (most likely) flies like a sport model, but looks like a scale model in the air, then this model could be perfect.

(My mate has already decided he wants one, so should look great flying with my Spittie)

Lots of pictures of it here:
https://www.facebook.com/SeaGullMode...50399731695236

Regards to all,

Andy
to remove ads between posts
Jun 01, 2016, 10:46 AM
Arrowhead
Looks pretty good to me! The vert stab may be off a little and the wingspan looks exaggerated, but not horribly so.
Jun 06, 2016, 08:30 AM
Looks great.
Seagull is working Hard with their warbirds.
Also releasing a hellcat and mosquito.
Jul 19, 2016, 07:18 AM

Seagull Hawker Hurricane

Anyone know where we can get one of these in the U.S.? I know SIG carries Seagull and when I contacted them, they said next year at the earliest. I really don't want to order one half way around the world in case there's a problem with it. Thank you.
Jul 19, 2016, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fille_swe
Looks great.
Seagull is working Hard with their warbirds.
Also releasing a hellcat and mosquito.
Where did you hear about the hellcat??? Any more info?
Jul 19, 2016, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Show 871

Here's some pictures from Seagull's facebook..
Jul 19, 2016, 10:12 PM
awesome! Time to get a little saito radial run in so its ready!
Jul 22, 2016, 05:37 PM
Cool stuff. Just got the Spitfire and I am happy with the standoff scale. The Hurricane looks cool.

Dave
Jul 28, 2016, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Show 871
That's cool! The Hellcat looks good. The Hurricane canopy looks too tall.
But it's still looks good.

I'm looking forward to more pics of the Seagull 109.
Jul 28, 2016, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpos
That's cool! The Hellcat looks good. The Hurricane canopy looks too tall.
But it's still looks good.

I'm looking forward to more pics of the Seagull 109.
Pictures of the 109 from seagulls facebook....
Jul 28, 2016, 10:56 AM
Arrowhead
They're doing a Mosquito? Uh oh. Hope they do a good job with it.

That 109 really needs a proper spinner. It's practically a defining characteristic.
Jul 28, 2016, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CF105
They're doing a Mosquito? Uh oh. Hope they do a good job with it.

That 109 really needs a proper spinner. It's practically a defining characteristic.
I picked up a spinner from the Hangar 9 109. I was going to scratch build one. But I think I'll buy this when it comes out instead. But I know it will be an "F" spinner on an "Emil" 109. But would still look better than a P-40ish looking spinner.

Kevin the Hangar 9 Spitfire is getting loads of air time. Flys very well. But a little under powered with a Saito 100. I'm running it at 25% which helps.
It may get a Saito 125 soon?

I should have bought the Hangar 9 109! Ugh! Unless you have one for sale CF105?
How is the Wildcat coming along?
Jul 28, 2016, 01:46 PM
Arrowhead
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpos
I picked up a spinner from the Hangar 9 109. I was going to scratch build one. But I think I'll buy this when it comes out instead. But I know it will be an "F" spinner on an "Emil" 109. But would still look better than a P-40ish looking spinner.

Kevin the Hangar 9 Spitfire is getting loads of air time. Flys very well. But a little under powered with a Saito 100. I'm running it at 25% which helps.
It may get a Saito 125 soon?

I should have bought the Hangar 9 109! Ugh! Unless you have one for sale CF105?
How is the Wildcat coming along?
Glad to hear it, Dan!

Nope, no 109 lurking in my shop. Unless you count the 1/2A size Royal kit I picked up from a local guy. There were regularly 2 109s at Warbirds every year, so I got the P-47 instead.

Wildcat is progressing. Dave has primer on one wing, and is working on the other. I need to take a run down his way with the cowl, canopy, dummy engine and decals. Had planned to attend their fun fly, but had family visiting from out west.
Jul 28, 2016, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminater
Here's some pictures from Seagull's facebook..
O man! I hope the Seagull Mosquito is large enough for a pair of Saito 56's! Or even better, Saito 72's Ooooooooooo............. that would be sooo cool!
Aug 15, 2016, 07:41 AM
Purchased a Seagull Hurricane last week. Pretty impressed with the build quality, only wish that the decals applied were on a separate sheet so that the user can decide if they want them on or not. I have had to take them off, they weren't for me. Apart from that the kit is nice and im looking forward to installing a nice 40cc four stroke.