May 31, 2016, 08:08 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Contest

USA F3K Team Selection finals, Muncie (AMA field), Sept 3-5, 2016

Just to bring the attention of those USA pilots that have not seen the announcement in the USA F3K League sticky thread above, the team selection event this year will be happening in Muncie, at the (awesome and difficult) AMA field, over the Labor Day weekend (Sept. 3-5, 2016, practice day Friday, Sept 2). Tom Siler stepped up to be the contest director for the event.
Please see the attached file with the bid (already officially accepted).

We will need volunteers that can be official time checkers, so if you live in a driving distance from the field and are willing to donate your time and energy to the F3K movement, we will be very grateful to you for coming and helping.

And we will certainly need pilots! Please make your plans now, and be ready to register for the event when we have the official registration setup (soon).

--
Last edited by olgol; Jul 20, 2016 at 12:34 PM. Reason: NOTE the dates changed to Sept 3-4-5!
to remove ads between posts
May 31, 2016, 02:00 PM
Also, if you know of any junior pilots interested in going, please encourage them and let us know. So far we only know of 2 juniors planning on attending. It would be nice to be able to field a full team for the World Championships.

Thanks!
Tom
May 31, 2016, 05:24 PM
Oleg:

Perhaps you might remind folks of what it takes to qualify to fly at the Team Selects.

Yours, Greg
May 31, 2016, 05:43 PM
The Detritus of Rcgroups
Quote:
Originally Posted by glidermang
Oleg:

Perhaps you might remind folks of what it takes to qualify to fly at the Team Selects.

Yours, Greg
For seniors place in top 30% of an ama sanctioned qualification contest listed on the f3xvault qualification series calendar and here. Folks can see thier qualification status on f3x vault. Then after that those that want to compete need to join team program and register for Team selection.

Ryan
Jun 01, 2016, 12:10 AM
All juniors are welcome, correct? No qualifications necessary?
Jun 01, 2016, 12:28 AM
Rick Rogahn
http://www.f3xvault.com/?action=seri...w&series_id=65

If you have 1 point, you qualify if I remember correctly. One day contests == .5 points.
Jun 01, 2016, 06:59 AM
launch height can't fix stupid
seems to be some missing contests there and incorrect points multipliers for single day contests. Who checks to make sure? I would not want anyone to miss out on qualifying for the TS due to clerical errors.
Last edited by corsha99; Jun 01, 2016 at 07:05 AM.
Jun 01, 2016, 07:03 AM
The Detritus of Rcgroups
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryO
All juniors are welcome, correct? No qualifications necessary?
That would be a question for Oleg. In the past juniors just needed to compete in 2 one day or one two day TS series contests.

Ryan
Jun 01, 2016, 07:45 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Thanks for the good questions and help, guys.

The USA F3K 2017 program document was posted in the sticky thread, and I am attaching it below also.
Here is the relevant paragraph about the qualification requirements:

Quote:
Qualification
Team selection qualifier contests can be held from July 1
st, 2014 through June 30th, 2016. For a
contest to be a qualifier, it must follow the F3K rules, be an AMA sanctioned contest, and be
announced publically (on RCgroups Hand Launch forum or by other means) one month prior to
the event. Single day events must have at least 5 preliminary rounds. Two day events must have
a minimum of 10 preliminary rounds. Only preliminary rounds will be used for the qualification
process. Small contests with less than 10 pilots may have two flight groups of less than 5 pilots;
otherwise rule 5.7.9.1 should be adhered to. There must be at least 6 contestants for the contest
to count as a qualifier. There will be no separation of groups based on skill or age class.
To qualify for the team selection, program participants must place in the top 30% of one two day
qualification contest or the top 30% of two one day qualification contests. For example: a two
day 6 person contest would qualify the top 2. A two day 60 person contest would qualify the top
18. Juniors are only required to enter the program and participate in a qualification contest to be
qualified for the team selection.
The TS Qualification series shows contests and pilots, thanks for posting the link!
http://www.f3xvault.com/?action=seri...w&series_id=65

Please be specific about incorrect weights or missing contests, and I will do my best to fix it (or contest organizer can fix his own contest also). Send me e-mail or post here, what needs fixing please!

--
Jun 01, 2016, 01:09 PM
launch height can't fix stupid
ElDo fun fly 3/12 1 day contest
The ones in Hamilton county are 1 day contests
Missing Red Rocks and Vegas from this year, assuming they were sanctioned
Jun 01, 2016, 01:57 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsha99
ElDo fun fly 3/12 1 day contest
The ones in Hamilton county are 1 day contests
Missing Red Rocks and Vegas from this year, assuming they were sanctioned
Cory thanks for your help.
I changed the multipliers for those.

For missing contests, I need the organizers to either import their results to F3XVault or contact me (or Tim Traver) for help!
Jun 01, 2016, 02:27 PM
International from this year is missing as well, at least it was a day or 2 ago
Jun 01, 2016, 02:39 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Thanks Clint!
I added IHLGF, Red Rocks CHALLANGE (despite some challenging spelling and only 9 rounds flown, but the pilots deserve the points anyway ), and the Las Vegas events.
Turns out they were all already in the Vault, just not added to the series.
Jun 01, 2016, 02:52 PM
Oleg Golovidov
While we are at it, please check the USA F3K Tour series also and if you see an event missing from it, let me know.
The Tour has more stringent requirements (2 day events with 20 pilots) and unfortunately a few good events did not meet them this year

http://www.f3xvault.com/?action=seri...w&series_id=91

I am going to modify the time frame for the USA F3K Tour. Instead of being from/till the ECHLGF each year, I want to make it a calendar year. We scheduled our ECHLGF in August this year and it is earlier than usual. I think we need to fix the time to be a calendar year for the Tour. What do y'all say? Agree or disagree?

--
Last edited by olgol; Jun 01, 2016 at 03:12 PM. Reason: bad link
Jun 01, 2016, 03:05 PM
Rick Rogahn
Not sure how the IHLGF is run as I haven't attended, but the winner is declared in the fly-offs, yes? If so, I think you need to move that green box from Oleg -> Toby .

Quick Reply