May 30, 2016, 07:11 PM
Thread OP
Build Log

REDBOX Uss Nimitz Toy to RC conversion

Pictures of everything ive done between last night/today. So far so good, Used some ingenuity, and Creativity to create stuff i didnt have and cant get in a reasonable amount of time. Just meant to be something my son can put put around the pool. Watertight shaft is made from a Straw and Earplugs, DogDrive made from some pushrod linkages, HandMade Prop from a Soda Can Soldered to a ShaftLock from one of my old planes that fits snuggly in the EarPlug cavity. Everything rotates clean. All thats left is to figure out the Rudder and To trim Excess Rod lengths, and attach the On/Off switch.

I've got a Revel 1:446 USS arizona on the way to build next, while i find plans for a larger scale Scratchbuild. So if anyone knows where i can find Balsa Plans for a 3-4ft length (not sure what scale that would be since ship sizes vary) WW2 era BattleShip/Destroyer Please let me know!
to remove ads between posts
May 30, 2016, 08:03 PM
Mmm, tugs...
Have fun!
Even with that big square bow, the thing can really scoot.
May 30, 2016, 08:35 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmat2350
Have fun!
Even with that big square bow, the thing can really scoot.
Yours looks WAY better then mine on the inside hahaha, Anychance your still wanting to sell yours I wouldnt mind having two of these bad boys Racing in the pool.
May 30, 2016, 08:40 PM
Mmm, tugs...
Long gone, I'm afraid...
May 30, 2016, 08:45 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmat2350
Long gone, I'm afraid...
Sad day lol, Oh well I just ordered my Revel 1:446 Scale Arizona so im excited for that to get here! still debating about wether to display it or make it RC. I saw a couple videos of it made RC but cant find any build logs.

Quick Reply