May 30, 2016, 09:47 AM
Thread OP
Build Log

BMJR Models CONDOR - 2M R/C Glider Electric

Hi Guys,
My next build is the BMJR Models CONDOR -2 M Glider kit, First
I must say the Kit is Fantastic!! The wood is so nice, spruce for the wing all Laser Cut parts, Instructions with color photo's
The Plans are excellent, and shows both wings, left and right.
I am going to install a new Hacker A-10 with gearbox in the nose! The size of the motor is perfect for this Glider.
So that is it for now, here are some photos of this neat looking old timer!
Joe
to remove ads between posts
May 30, 2016, 11:59 AM
I'd rather be flying.....
Wow what a nice model, I'm watching this build...... the laser cutting is appealing....

best regards,

jeff
May 30, 2016, 06:42 PM
Tripacer
I'll be watching too.

Mark
May 30, 2016, 06:48 PM
Culper Junior
I'll be lurking.
May 30, 2016, 07:01 PM
Watching,

Ross
May 30, 2016, 07:26 PM
Thread OP
Glad to have you guys on board, makes it more fun!
Joe
May 31, 2016, 06:28 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Looks very Minimoa-ish - which in my book, is a good thing

If it is much like a Minimoa in flight, I'd be sure to have some washout in them outer panels.....
Jun 07, 2016, 09:05 AM
I'm watching too. Looks like a really cool glider from back in the day.��.
Jun 07, 2016, 12:08 PM
Subscribed as well. Always liked this plane.

I must have been about 12 or 13 when I unsuccessfully attempted a Cleveland Super Condor (at least I think it was a Super). The kit was purchased at Stanton Hobby in Chicago. I'm certain I bought it because it was big and it was cheap - maybe $3.95. My doubled edged razor blade with one side taped coupled with my lack of skill and patience made one big mess of the printwood fuselage formers. Not one piece ever got glued.

I'm going to love watching your laser kit come together.

Jim
Jun 07, 2016, 12:24 PM
B for Bruce
I'll be keenly watching this one too. The old Condor from the Cleveland ads always caught my eye.

What are you planning on for "roll" function? Rudder or ailerons? I ask because while pretty to look at the gull wings put the dihedral in the wrong place to work well as a rudder controlled model unless you angle the outer panels up fairly strongly. And then it looks more pigeon like than gull like. So it may be worth considering ailerons if you were thinking rudder. Or possibly go for small roll control spoilers in the outer panels.
Jun 07, 2016, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMatthews
I'll be keenly watching this one too. The old Condor from the Cleveland ads always caught my eye.

What are you planning on for "roll" function? Rudder or ailerons? I ask because while pretty to look at the gull wings put the dihedral in the wrong place to work well as a rudder controlled model unless you angle the outer panels up fairly strongly. And then it looks more pigeon like than gull like. So it may be worth considering ailerons if you were thinking rudder. Or possibly go for small roll control spoilers in the outer panels.
I agree, I learned this the hard way building my Cleveland Albatross. Almost no roll authority using just the rudder because of the standard gull dihedral. I had to add the ailerons to make if flyable.

Steve
Jun 07, 2016, 10:23 PM
Thread OP
Hi Steve,
Really nice building on your Albatross, looks real nice!! I just got home today so I will get started on some building! I am just going with Rudder and elevator and Motor on mine!
Joe
Jun 11, 2016, 01:33 PM
Thread OP

Rudder is done

Hi Guys,
Ok I am finally building, I did get the rudder done and the stab, finished
I add a piece of Carbon fiber to the stab. Parts fit excellent! Really nice kit!!!
Joe
Jun 13, 2016, 05:37 PM
Thread OP

Center wing done

Hi Guys,
I finished the center wing Panels, now working on the tip panels!
Joe
Jun 13, 2016, 08:31 PM
Thread OP

Wing Is done

Hi Guys,
I finished building the wing today! I really like the shape of it! That is
why I built it!
Joe

Quick Reply