EACHINE BLADE 185 (in early construction) - Page 4 - RC Groups
Oct 17, 2016, 11:02 AM
I don't see any way to turn off the transmitter?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2016, 01:23 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmert
I don't see any way to turn off the transmitter?
The EB185 has no switch for the VTX. But other quads, with more seperate components, the VTX may have a switch, or can be set to very low power.
Oct 22, 2016, 10:13 PM
hey guys, I'm new here and I was wondering how do you disarm the buzzer? I'm having a hard time finding how to shut it off on cleanflight.
Oct 23, 2016, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfisher
hey guys, I'm new here and I was wondering how do you disarm the buzzer? I'm having a hard time finding how to shut it off on cleanflight.

Power on the transmitter when you have the quad connected to CleanFlight configurator. The buzzer warns for missing transmitter signal.
Nov 01, 2016, 11:15 PM

What is the actual RTF Receiver

Just want to clear up something as the amount of research I've had to do to figure out after buying the ARF version what tranmitter and receiver to by.

Looking at the receiver on the RTF version the receiver is no a FS-iA6 receiver but actually a X6B i-BUS Receiver as seen in the FS-i6X transmitter + receiver package http://www.banggood.com/Flysky-FS-i6...p-1090406.html

(still in preorder even though the receiver is avaliable to the RTF quad

so if you're like me and buy the ARF EB185 (because RC200 discount coupon at BG) and trying to figure out the exact TX and RX the RTF comes with, then the receiver is the X6B.

Other cheap TX + RX package is the i6 TX+ iA6B RX. found out cant use the iA6 receiver as does not support PPM.
Nov 02, 2016, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR4N
Just want to clear up something as the amount of research I've had to do to figure out after buying the ARF version what tranmitter and receiver to by.

Looking at the receiver on the RTF version the receiver is no a FS-iA6 receiver but actually a X6B i-BUS Receiver as seen in the FS-i6X transmitter + receiver package http://www.banggood.com/Flysky-FS-i6...p-1090406.html

(still in preorder even though the receiver is avaliable to the RTF quad

so if you're like me and buy the ARF EB185 (because RC200 discount coupon at BG) and trying to figure out the exact TX and RX the RTF comes with, then the receiver is the X6B.

Other cheap TX + RX package is the i6 TX+ iA6B RX. found out cant use the iA6 receiver as does not support PPM.

I've asked Eachine multiple times about this, and never got a good answer.

Btw, the RTF doesn't come with the X6B, if you look closer it has different connectors and the RTF receiver has no diversity but a single antenna. So the X6B may be a nice option for the ARF, but it's not the same as the RTF receiver. Where that comes from, seems to be some great mystery, as no one is willing to reveal it, so it appears...
Nov 02, 2016, 06:28 PM
look what just popped up on pre order at banggood.

http://www.banggood.com/Flysky-X6B-2...rmmds=category

I believe the RTF uses a X6 (not X6B) as per the diagram images for the EB185 B probably stands for extra stuff like diversity and second antenna
Nov 03, 2016, 01:07 AM
Quote:
look what just popped up on pre order at banggood.

http://www.banggood.com/Flysky-X6B-2...rmmds=category

I believe the RTF uses a X6 (not X6B) as per the diagram images for the EB185 B probably stands for extra stuff like diversity and second antenna

Afaik the B stands for IBus/PPM, at least looking at the iA-6, which is PWM and the iA-6B is PPM/IBus, and both have diversity. The R6B receiver also has a single antenna, so it's likely the adding of "B" has nothing to do with having diversity, or not.

I doubt the receiver on the RTF EB185 is an original FlySky product, as all full range FlySky receivers have long antenna, to allow mounting outside the hull, frame, shell, etc. The EB185 receiver is so short it can only be mounted on the outside.
Last edited by SoloProFan; Nov 03, 2016 at 01:35 AM.
Nov 03, 2016, 06:28 AM
Well, as you are discussing about TX/RX: Did some flying the other day and after about 5 minutes it was time to land, my son where flying FPV while I was watching. Suddenly, the quad just dropped from the sky. Put on the beeper and found the quad immediately. Some minor damages but after testing the quad at home on the desk, everything seems to work…

So what happened? The only thing I can think of is that it lost signal for a second? The quad was maybe 100 meters away but quite high up in the air, my guess is at least 25 meters. But hard to tell, itīs small. The antenna is placed on top so if you are flying high in the “wrong” angle, maybe it will lose signal?

Is there any chance to check some logs to see what went wrong (blackbox?). Yes, I am a newbie.
Nov 03, 2016, 07:25 AM
Best check the ESC to motor wires. If one is starting to come loose, it can suddenly drop. If you upload your blackbox log, assuming ut wasn't full before this crash happened, could provide some proof.
Nov 06, 2016, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Best check the ESC to motor wires. If one is starting to come loose, it can suddenly drop. If you upload your blackbox log, assuming ut wasn't full before this crash happened, could provide some proof.
Finally had time to look at the black box logs and it was full (of course). Checked the wires and looked all good (just as before). So the crash remains a mystery... but now itīs storm outside so no flying for a couple of days. And here in Sweden itīs not a FPV-quad any more - itīs a (illegal) security camera!

Another question: what firmware version do you people run - I read that newer versions wont work very well with the Naze32? I am still on stock btw...
Nov 06, 2016, 11:15 PM
Help! EB185 GPS module is sold out at BG.

http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-EB18...l?rmmds=search

Will the CC3D OP gps module (seems to have same plug) work?

http://www.banggood.com/OP-GPS-for-O...l?rmmds=search

trying to get all the parts for the ARF is really annoying even through it still works out cheaper then the RTF
Nov 06, 2016, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Help! EB185 GPS module is sold out at BG.

http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-EB18...l?rmmds=search

Will the CC3D OP gps module (seems to have same plug) work?

http://www.banggood.com/OP-GPS-for-O...l?rmmds=search

trying to get all the parts for the ARF is really annoying even through it still works out cheaper then the RTF
Ok I assume the GPS module is identical and the only thing different is the types of plugs and cables and since EB185 runs a CC3D plug for its GPS module I just ordered a CC3D GPS module.
Nov 10, 2016, 05:12 PM
Hello SeByDocKy!
I have made this account especially to tell you THANKS, MANY THANKS.
Thanks to you I saw that mini button on the receiver for this drone and I was able to rebind my remote.
Now it's one hour past midnight in my country and I am making "the wining dance" very happy. My neighbors might think I'm crazy but I don't care, I just lifted up my drone. The software part of this project (i'm making my own software and hardware) will be my disertation project. Yeeeeeeyyyy!
Nov 11, 2016, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Drones
Hello SeByDocKy!
I have made this account especially to tell you THANKS, MANY THANKS.
Thanks to you I saw that mini button on the receiver for this drone and I was able to rebind my remote.
Now it's one hour past midnight in my country and I am making "the wining dance" very happy. My neighbors might think I'm crazy but I don't care, I just lifted up my drone. The software part of this project (i'm making my own software and hardware) will be my disertation project. Yeeeeeeyyyy!
Glad you fixed your machine
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer