EACHINE BLADE 185 (in early construction) - Page 3 - RC Groups
Sep 22, 2016, 02:13 PM
Hi,

maybe you can help me? The EB185 is my first race quad, so I'm not so in the details.
I do have some other smaller one which I used to start with and a Phantom for aerial photography.

After I lost my first EB185 in the field I purchased a new ARF version to give it a 2nd chance.
I managed to bind the FlySky i6 transmitter with the receiver, but when I connect the blade to cleanflight it gives me these annoying beeps all the time.

Any hint will be very welcome ...

Thanks,

Ralf
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2016, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariokart
Hi,

maybe you can help me? The EB185 is my first race quad, so I'm not so in the details.
I do have some other smaller one which I used to start with and a Phantom for aerial photography.

After I lost my first EB185 in the field I purchased a new ARF version to give it a 2nd chance.
I managed to bind the FlySky i6 transmitter with the receiver, but when I connect the blade to cleanflight it gives me these annoying beeps all the time.

Any hint will be very welcome ...

Thanks,

Ralf
Still beeping even if you power the transmitter too ?
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
Sep 23, 2016, 02:55 PM
Yes. The LED at the receiver is shiny red and not flashing but I'm not sure which channel on the RX I should use.
Sep 23, 2016, 03:24 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
How did you wire up the receiver to the EB185? PWM, PPM? Selected the right protocol for receiver in CleanFlight?
Sep 24, 2016, 01:55 PM
Just used the provided cable.

Not sure to which channel on the RX I should connect it ...

Thx..

Ralf
Sep 24, 2016, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Just used the provided cable.

Not sure to which channel on the RX I should connect it ...

Thx..

Ralf

I wonder if your receiver supports PPM. Can you make a picture of the receiver, showing the connectors? Sounds like you are trying to connect a PWM receiver with PPM cable.
Sep 24, 2016, 02:24 PM
It's the standard FlySky FA-IA6...
Sep 24, 2016, 04:14 PM
Quote:
It's the standard FlySky FA-IA6...

Afaik the regular FA-IA6 doesn't support PPM, only PWM. The FS-IA6B is needed for PPM support:

https://quadmeup.com/ppm-signal-support-for-fs-i6-radio
Sep 24, 2016, 05:17 PM
Thanks - I 'll order the receiver. Seems to be a long way to fly a race drone ...

Started the opposite way. With my P3S everything is totally easy ...

Thanks.
Sep 25, 2016, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Thanks - I 'll order the receiver. Seems to be a long way to fly a race drone ...

Started the opposite way. With my P3S everything is totally easy ...

Thanks.
For sure with racer .... you need to put hands into the engine ... A complete different soty with the plug & fly Phantom
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
Sep 27, 2016, 06:20 PM
Crash=start of next project
I just bought one of these and the red prop being too small is NOT fixed.
Oct 10, 2016, 02:24 PM
After a few few flights the antenna did break off as predicted. Does anyone think i can just solder the three connections to some wires and move the antenna to a safer place?
Oct 10, 2016, 03:34 PM
youtube.com/danknee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmert
After a few few flights the antenna did break off as predicted. Does anyone think i can just solder the three connections to some wires and move the antenna to a safer place?
you definitely can. I bought one of these on ebay, and cut off the female end. I formed 3 connections on this end by carefully removing the heatshrink, and then debraided? unbraided? untangled the wire mesh (forms the 2 outside connections)

like this / | \

Oct 10, 2016, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danq0
you definitely can. I bought one of these on ebay, and cut off the female end. I formed 3 connections on this end by carefully removing the heatshrink, and then debraided? unbraided? untangled the wire mesh (forms the 2 outside connections)

like this / | \

Great thanks i will try it.
Oct 11, 2016, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmert
It looks exactly like mine now! One crash was enough to destroy the connector...

What I'm wondering is if the transmitter still works. On the racer I use the most, I have to turn the transmitter off if I don't have the antenna installed to avoid burning it. Is it not the same here?
If it still works, I would also buy the wires shown above...