EACHINE BLADE 185 (in early construction) - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 22, 2016, 01:55 AM
I flashed last BLheli F/W via the toolstick .... was a little bit tricky to hold correctly a bent 2.54mm arduino male pin header connector....
I noticed motor more smooth.... but seems to have still these oscillation at high RPM...
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
to remove ads between posts
Jun 22, 2016, 03:47 AM
Mostly read only
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
I flashed last BLheli F/W via the toolstick .... was a little bit tricky to hold correctly a bent 2.54mm arduino male pin header connector....
I noticed motor more smooth.... but seems to have still these oscillation at high RPM...
I managed to flash three out of four ESCs that way but ended up having to solder some wires to the pads on the fourth one as I just could not keep a reliable connection.

The oscillations are still there for me as well, so it's time to tune the quad from first principles. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to do that yet and my batteries from Hobbyking still have not arrived.
Jun 22, 2016, 03:55 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by unseen
I managed to flash three out of four ESCs that way but ended up having to solder some wires to the pads on the fourth one as I just could not keep a reliable connection.

The oscillations are still there for me as well, so it's time to tune the quad from first principles. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to do that yet and my batteries from Hobbyking still have not arrived.

Would be interesting to see if you can tune out the oscillations. Apart from that I think it outflies any brushless quad I have at the moment. I wonder if TPA could be of help?
Jun 22, 2016, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unseen

Yes was pretty hard .... you need to spend time to design the bent connector to be sure that all the three pins have exactly the same length.....
Jun 22, 2016, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Would be interesting to see if you can tune out the oscillations. Apart from that I think it outflies any brushless quad I have at the moment. I wonder if TPA could be of help?
Yes Maybe TPA is a keypoint ....
Last edited by SeByDocKy; Jun 22, 2016 at 04:17 AM.
Jun 22, 2016, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Yes Maybe TPA is a keypoint ....
What would be a good starter value? 1500 and 0.50?

At least the oscillations are not caused by ESC firmware, as even with that updated, these still occur. Also FC software makes no difference, I run stock 1.11, some run 1.12 or 1.13 and others run BetaFlight.

Props are an option as cause, but I don't see or feel vibrations when holding the quad down, and increasing throttle.
Jun 22, 2016, 10:38 PM
GustinFS

Thanks!

That helps a TON! Thanks!
Jun 23, 2016, 01:41 AM
SeBy, did you already extract Blackbox logs? Would be interesting to compare with other 185, in regard to the high throttle oscillations. Can you post one here?
Jun 23, 2016, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
SeBy, did you already extract Blackbox logs? Would be interesting to compare with other 185, in regard to the high throttle oscillations. Can you post one here?
Not yet but I will .... but now I flashed with the last BLheli F/W .... I guess, the main problem will be common .... I will turn on this feature with my next flight (schedulled tmr morning)
Jun 23, 2016, 02:02 AM
Could be your blackboc log has already data from earlier flights. I don't remember setting mine up, but I still had all flights so far logged, in a big 12 mb file. Did you check the blackbox tab in Cleanflight configurator? Could be the flash memory is already pretty much filled with data.
Aug 08, 2016, 04:25 PM
I would love to try something like this but don't have the computer savvy to get and keep it flying. I seems for this class of quad not just this particular model there is an assumption you are a computer wiz. After reading this short thread my mind is on fire, these quads arent really ready to fly are they?
Aug 08, 2016, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolcaferacer
I would love to try something like this but don't have the computer savvy to get and keep it flying. I seems for this class of quad not just this particular model there is an assumption you are a computer wiz. After reading this short thread my mind is on fire, these quads arent really ready to fly are they?

Ready to Fly is a very wide description. It may fly without hooking it up to a computer, but it won't fly very well, and if no other flight modes are set, it may default to rate mode, which is not suited for beginners.

Also keep in mind that most of the reviewed Eachine products, are early releases, and later on, things are improved. Take the Assassin 180, the first version was capable of flying right out of the box, admittedly with slow yaw, and the ESCs were too weak. The V2 version has better ESCs, and while the yaw is still on stick setting, thus slow, it flies.
Aug 08, 2016, 05:51 PM
Thanks Solo, I just posted the same question on the Falcon 180 thread so you'll see it there as well, I wasn't sure if anyone is still following this thread. I was considering purchasing the Assassin maybe I'll go ahead.

I read all your and Seby's reviews and enjoy them, please keep the good work up.
Sep 09, 2016, 01:34 PM
Could you replace the bottom plate with a carbon fibre plate and put a new power system inside?
Sep 09, 2016, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guvius
Could you replace the bottom plate with a carbon fibre plate and put a new power system inside?

That's certainly an option, and what I am hoping they will do if there ever comes a V2