May 29, 2016, 09:48 PM
Discussion

What does FPV mean to you?

Please read this before you watch the video thanks.

Well for me im disabled and find flying my rc micro helis great fun until i found FPV...Why you may ask well...
I asked my son if he would like to go for a walk with me and he looked at me with a shock like you cant walk! I explained to him i would fly my quad and FPV beside him so we did!
He was happy to do so and that we did.......we went not far but somewhere i couldn't go alone without help until failsafe kicked in but that was fine my son brought the quad back to me

In my mind i really felt like i was with him in my heart and head so the next day i spoke with him.
I said son.......when we went for a FPV walk it really felt like i was right there with you in my heart and head he started to sob and cry then i relised omg what did i just do........
I hurt my little boy the one i love with all my heart but then i explained to him what it meant to me and i did'nt mean to hurt him we hugged and he felt happier.

Thats my story please feel free to share yours.

I love FPV

Ow i like eminem.....

The walk (1 min 28 sec)
to remove ads between posts
May 29, 2016, 10:31 PM
SQUIRREL PATROL
That's a very touching story. Your son looks like a good kid. I have 2 myself but I fpv for the opposite reason, to get away from my kids . I do it to get away from it all, put on some earphones and slap on my goggles and everything else just melts away and my mind is only thinking of that moment and nothing else.

But as a kid I always wanted to fly, this is the closet I can get to that.
May 29, 2016, 11:47 PM
Thanks Inap i understand what you mean ,I have 4 kids but most are older now apart from my son,What i like the most about FPV is flying fast! but i just thought i would share this moment with all you guys.
Last edited by Merch; May 30, 2016 at 12:20 AM.
May 30, 2016, 09:39 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Nice video Merch, glad to see someone put FPV into good social use. I also heard other disabled user from Diydrones.com news that they use FPV for the same reason too.

Before i'm an FPV pilot i was a cyclist/mountain biker who love to explore into forest, hills and valleys....you can say i'm an adventurer. From my young days at age 7 till 38 I would cycle whole day to explore the whole world but it was not enough for me because my world is 'flat'. By flying it give me more freedom to explore the world around me. FPV has been a huge positive life for me. My world seems to be bigger, beautiful and something worth to live for. I've touch the skies! the lake looks crystal blue with cottons clouds in it! the hills and valleys looks alive in the morning, the gleaming coastal beaches, green golden forest, those cold mist, hidden islands, seeing how people live about at remote places and also witness sand and happy places hidden from public view. It changed my life completely, i feel like real explorer and plus meet and gain many friends along they way too as i share them my experience and story to people around me via pictures, video and blog. My purpose of life have been full filled especially flying inside a cockpit of a warbirds.
Btw here are some video to sum up my FPV/UAV life...i still have more on my youtube channel.
....."don't wait for good things to come, chase your dreams!"..

Video:
50.5km Forest Detour - UAV Volantex RANGER 757-4 using Li-On (LG MJ1 18650) (1 hr 6 min 32 sec)

Ruler of the wind & clouds - FPV Drifter Ultralight (20 min 46 sec)

FPV P-51 D Mustang - The Cumulus Clouds flight 7 (11 min 34 sec)

42.3km Off the Grid - UAV Volantex RANGER 757-4 using Li-On (LG MJ1 18650) (53 min 13 sec)

FPV plane epic moments compilation (3 min 49 sec)

FPV Pitts Special, Cloud Punch 2016 (12 min 24 sec)

FPV Pitts Special - 3rd year of great cloud surfing anniversary 2015 (10 min 7 sec)

Cloud 9 - Greatest scale FPV adventure P-51D Mustang (10 min 54 sec)

FPV P-51 D Mustang - 2nd anniversary of flight. (27 min 3 sec)

17km Destination Runway mission, UAV drone - Drifter ultralight (22 min 25 sec)

20km Down Town mission, UAV drone - Drifter ultralight (25 min 1 sec)

18.6km Morning Tour, UAV drone - Drifter ultralight (24 min 54 sec)

FPV Drifter ultralight - Cloud surfer 2015 (11 min 14 sec)
Last edited by ican3d; May 30, 2016 at 09:46 PM.
May 30, 2016, 11:59 PM
Wow! very nice read and geat vid's im still kinda new to FPV but im loving every moment of it and thanks for the link.
May 31, 2016, 12:32 AM
ultra cheap pilot
Thanks, i hope you continue to FPV because lots of interesting and beautiful places out there waiting for you to discover it. If you're new then maybe you can head down to my blog here since i build some stuff that flies like in those video. I love to share my build: http://www.supermotoxl.com/FPV/UAV-m...nu-id-119.html

Let me know if you need some info. Cheers.
May 31, 2016, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ican3d
Thanks, i hope you continue to FPV because lots of interesting and beautiful places out there waiting for you to discover it. If you're new then maybe you can head down to my blog here since i build some stuff that flies like in those video. I love to share my build: http://www.supermotoxl.com/FPV/UAV-m...nu-id-119.html

Let me know if you need some info. Cheers.
Thanks for all the info much appreciated and i won't stop FPV'ing anytime soon.
May 31, 2016, 11:09 AM
Many of these videos would bring the FAA on you..
But that's the crazy world we live in now..
I'm sorry to say..
For me ,, FPV is the ONLY WAY I can afforded to fly..
Over $8000.00 here to just solo for a beginner pilot..
And over $200.00 Per Hour for Aircraft!!!
DanT
Last edited by DanT; May 31, 2016 at 02:54 PM.
May 31, 2016, 02:13 PM
WOT and going nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanT
But that's the crazy world we live in now..
I'm sorry to say..
For me ,, FPV is the ONLY WAY I can afforded to fly..
Over $8000.00 here to just solo for a beginner pilot..
And over $200.00 Per Hour for Aircraft!!!
DanT
Dan sometimes it's hard for me to believe that you ever 'enjoy the moment' or just post kindly... This post is a heartwarming story about a person who was able to spend time with his son through FPV, and all you can think about is to complain about government regulation? Have a heart man!
May 31, 2016, 02:51 PM
This is,,,, kindly ,,
And truthful .
And try reading between the lines,
I did say,,,(I'm Sorry to say!)
Like or Not,
Move on Julzwatts nothing to see here...
DanT
Jun 02, 2016, 04:56 PM
It's like my flying dreams I used to have alot when I was a kid and up till a few years ago , as an adult I realized why I had those dreams and they went away . I got them back with fpv
Jun 03, 2016, 02:43 PM
Ican3d posts in kilometers so he's probably not USA/FAA. I gained the impression he was from the Philippians or something like that. Also he seems to like to use a phone as FPV goggles.

If I were unable to resist the allure of derailing this thread into a thread about semantics:
-strapping an action cam to your plane and flying LOS is not FPV that's on-board
-military drone piloting is not FPV
-UAV is another fun sport often confused with FPV. The pilot inputs commands into a computer and the plane flies autonomously to waypoints and points the camera at pre-determined locations. The pilot doesn't necessarily always have a live downlink or control of what's going on.

Great video Merch, I always get a kick out of watching a family have fun doing rc stuff together. I have seen videos of FPV birds and FPV dogs, why not FPV dads.
Jun 03, 2016, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanT
He's in Malaysia, no FAA there.
Jun 03, 2016, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parajared
Great video Merch, I always get a kick out of watching a family have fun doing rc stuff together. I have seen videos of FPV birds and FPV dogs, why not FPV dads.
Thanks! well here's another you might like........had a crappy camera on the quad changed it to a better one now.
Water Fight!! (3 min 58 sec)
Jun 03, 2016, 04:18 PM
KV4PL, FAA 107 Certified
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothvirus
He's in Malaysia, no FAA there.
No, they just dissapear

Quick Reply