May 28, 2016, 02:13 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

EF 60 inch Edge 540 EXP vs 3DHS Edge 540 58 inch

I'm currently flying a 51 inch 3DHS Slick and love it. I also fly an EF 45 inch Extra 300. Extra is a great flying plane, just sometimes too small for windy days.

I also have a great planes reactor bipe (35 inch) and have flown a PA Katana (46 inch)

Looking to maybe go a bit larger. When I got the Slick, I was considering an Edge and have been looking at th 58-60 inch 6S planes.

I do some violent maneuvers, but really enjoy hovering and doing harriers low to the ground.

I know both brands make really good planes and EF now owns 3DHS. Both are currently available.

Anyone flown both on 6S and care to offer their 2 cents.
Last edited by richord; May 28, 2016 at 02:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 28, 2016, 06:01 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Can't go wrong with either one.
May 28, 2016, 10:14 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
Can't go wrong with either one.
Kinda figured.

Just wanting to hear some feedback on how different they may fly from one another.
May 29, 2016, 12:29 PM
Team Extreme Flight
I've had a 60 Edge EXP for over two years and it's so easy to look good with that plane I kinda feel guilty.

I've only flown one of the 3DHS 58" Edges once, and sine it wasn't mine, I didn't fly it hard enough to explore the limits. Still, it was a really sweet plane. I'm sure with some more time I would like it almost as much as my EXP, or, who knows, maybe even a little better. I just can't justify having two big Edges when I really need a 60" MXS and a 60" Yak 55.

Maybe the best way to choose is pick the one that appeals to you the most visually. They are both Edges so they are both going to be awesome.
May 29, 2016, 12:56 PM
Thread OP
It may come down to that.

One of the things in particular that I'm curious to know is if the shorter fuse length to wingspan/ratio on the 3dhs has any impact on how it maneuvers compared to the Extreme Flight.

I also was reading feedback on the forums for both and someone posted that even though the 3dhs was easy to harrier, in tight harrier turns it may bite you.
May 29, 2016, 02:02 PM
Team Extreme Flight
I can't imagine any Edge biting you in a tight turn except maybe the old EFlite death trap. That plane was brutally evil.

Like I say, I have very limited experience with the 3DHS Edge, but I am totally delighted with my EXP.

Having said that, I did have a few of the older 3DHS 55" Edges and those things were awesome. I was furious when they went out of production, and my best bet is the 58" is probably every bit as good if not better.

Quick Reply