May 28, 2016, 09:22 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Grey screen in goggles

Hello everyone,

I've a problem with the FPV part on my QAV210.

Setup:
OSDoge 1.5
Camera Foxeer HS1177
TBS Unify Pro VTX
Skyzone FPV Goggles V2

Problem is: almost no signal to the goggles. In fact, when I set the VTX to a specific channel and band (eg. Band 1 channel 1) and I check the signal in the goggles (set on Band 1 channel 1), I have a plain grey image. No flickering or analog statics. Just a plain grey image. When I put my goggles on the next channel (Band 1 channel 2), I've a lots of static but can vaguely distinguish movements from my hand or movements of the quad.

I never powered my VTX without an antenna screwed. I tried to crimp another cable from OSD to VTX, didn't improved anything. VTX works as I can change power output, bands and channels.

If I change the VTX to go to Band 1 channel 2, back to the plain grey image.

Strange thing is that it seems to work as I've a bad signal if I'm on the next channel.

Camera works, I tested it on my Vortex 285's VTX and goggles and I could set it up on my television. Goggles work, I tested these on my Vortex 285.

Thanks for any help!
to remove ads between posts
May 28, 2016, 09:43 AM
WOT and going nowhere
What you're describing is that the vtx is transmitting but it isn't transmitting the image from the camera. This can be because the video feed from the camera to the vtx is interrupted or because the camera isn't receiving sufficient power.
May 28, 2016, 09:51 AM
Thread OP
It's strange because when I'm not on the right channel with the goggle, I got a really bad signal, but I got one. So there's something that goes from the camera to the goggles.

Camera receives a 12v supply from the OSD.

I'll try to make a new camera -> osd cable though. And check the voltage on the OSD pins.
May 28, 2016, 10:02 AM
Thread OP
What I checked:

- frenquencies table matches for both the VTX and Goggles, so no problem with the frequencies
- checked the output at the osd pins: 5v for the VTX, 12 volts for the camera, it's good
- checked the voltage output on vtx/camera's side of the wires, it's also good (5 and 12 volts).
May 28, 2016, 10:59 AM
Have you checked where the wires go? Most common mistake i keep making is forgetting that red and black wires on the camera plug is supposed to be switched around and using unmodified plugs with the red wire in the center.
May 28, 2016, 11:21 AM
Thread OP
Yep, wires go where they're supposed to go.

I think they may be something faulty either on the camera or the vtx.
Jun 05, 2016, 07:44 AM
Thread OP
What I tried so far:

- Checked the wires, ground on ground, signal on signal...on VTX, camera and OSDoge.
- Checked the voltage on the pins of the OSDoge: 5v to the VTX and 12V to the camera
- Checked the voltage on the VTX/camera side of the wires: 5V to the VTX and 12V to the camera
- Checked video format in OSDoge (PAL) and in the camera (PAL)
- Checked the goggles on another drone: they work
- Checked the camera on another drone: it works
- Checked another camera I know is working on the QAV210: same problem, doesn't work
- Checked the frequencies used by both the VTX and Goggles, chose multiple frequencies (no Raceband though as my goggles don't support it)
- Set the VTX on a random (not airwave nor raceband) channel and band and scanned the entire table with my goggles: no signal
- checked with another pair of antenna's, still nothing
- tested with a brand new camera, a brand new TBS Unify Pro (didn't even changed the power output) and a brand new OSDoge. Still the same problem.
- disable every Wi-Fi on 5GhZ. I'm currently on vacation, no Wi-Fi, still have the problem.

What I'm currently busy to do is to go through every bands and every channels on the goggles for every bands and every channels of the VTX. It's time-consuming, but at least I'll be sure it's not frequencies related.

What I still have to do: try the same setup with a different brand of VTX. I have ordered a Lumenier 25-600mwatt VTX but due to problems with delivery, I won't be able to test that solution until monday 13.

I'm truly lost.

I've joined some picture of the build and wirings. It must be something stupid. Is there anything in cleanflight or in software of the OSDoge that can cause that? Could this be a flight controller issue?

http://imgur.com/a/I4fpQ
Jun 01, 2017, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilFlash
What I tried so far:

- Checked the wires, ground on ground, signal on signal...on VTX, camera and OSDoge.
- Checked the voltage on the pins of the OSDoge: 5v to the VTX and 12V to the camera
- Checked the voltage on the VTX/camera side of the wires: 5V to the VTX and 12V to the camera
- Checked video format in OSDoge (PAL) and in the camera (PAL)
- Checked the goggles on another drone: they work
- Checked the camera on another drone: it works
- Checked another camera I know is working on the QAV210: same problem, doesn't work
- Checked the frequencies used by both the VTX and Goggles, chose multiple frequencies (no Raceband though as my goggles don't support it)
- Set the VTX on a random (not airwave nor raceband) channel and band and scanned the entire table with my goggles: no signal
- checked with another pair of antenna's, still nothing
- tested with a brand new camera, a brand new TBS Unify Pro (didn't even changed the power output) and a brand new OSDoge. Still the same problem.
- disable every Wi-Fi on 5GhZ. I'm currently on vacation, no Wi-Fi, still have the problem.

What I'm currently busy to do is to go through every bands and every channels on the goggles for every bands and every channels of the VTX. It's time-consuming, but at least I'll be sure it's not frequencies related.

What I still have to do: try the same setup with a different brand of VTX. I have ordered a Lumenier 25-600mwatt VTX but due to problems with delivery, I won't be able to test that solution until monday 13.

I'm truly lost.

I've joined some picture of the build and wirings. It must be something stupid. Is there anything in cleanflight or in software of the OSDoge that can cause that? Could this be a flight controller issue?

http://imgur.com/a/I4fpQ
So let me get this straight. Because I'm having an issue with my new Skyzone SKY02S V+ goggles. Actually it's a second pair Getfpv sent me. The first set were bad out of the box with the same issue.
.The pair I currently have worked great up until this past weekend. They had been purchased on 5/01/17.
In my case. I can set any of my VTX's to a given channel A1 5865 or F4 5800 my Autoscan will go to a frequency close but will not find the specific frequency set on the vtx.
If I try and manually select the appropriate frequency I get nothing but snow. Like the vtx isn't even transmitting.
Does that sound familiar with your situation.
The two gentlemen I fly with tested this with their Fatsharks. They both see my vtx transmitting on the frequency it is set on.
I did a post of this problem in the Skyzone thread but I am mot getting any responses.
Getfpv is offering a exchange and or refund. I really like the Skyzones over the Fatsharks but don't want this problem to happen again.
Oct 12, 2018, 07:36 AM
Hey,
I recently had this problem and it was my camera ground solder who broke out
Make the join again and fixed

Quick Reply