Spedix S250 Pro BNF FPV Quad - Page 48 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jul 13, 2017, 03:51 AM
Registered User
CrocEnd's Avatar
Mate, I fly anything thats put in front of me,you name IT.
Goggle work lots of foamy's wings ,pusher gliders, some speed gliders that was fun, power planes to many vibes all or almost goggles with and with out gimbals.
Driving with goggles electric drag cars mmmm hard ,4x4 off road crawlers and speed very straight forward.these using my Head plays at times.
Now my noob Q was being a race quad NOT tried.
Thank's
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 13, 2017, 02:52 PM
Registered User
I'm with you. Fixed wing is good. You should ease in to this pretty easily. No sure if you have done much drone flying, but these little quads are fast and very maneuverable. You'd be well advised to spend some time just flying it line of site before you bung on the IMAX headplays. But if you've got hours on fixed wing it's a natural progression.

The controller used in the Spedix range allows you a couple of different settings for attitude control, the self levelling mode is easiest for starters. They come with most all you need already fitted - Cam, video Tx, Spektrum receiver, motors, the lot, just bind to your controller and fly. I have found that they are a good entry level racer for the price in my short experience. And I don't race.

You set up the S250's controller via an interface connected via micro USB on your PC. That's a whole different world, but help is here. The controller runs an OS called Cleanflight and that's what needs tweaking for good flight. They do come already setup at the factory for good flying, but it's easy to wipe the settings if you are not careful at the start..

I can't think of much else to say about it. I have not flown any other racers than the Spedix S250 Pro I bought, but have many hours flying almost every other type of drone and a couple of flying wings. So I was up and about pretty quickly (with help from this group). I'm not saying it's the best racer, some are stupid expensive, but the S250 is great value for money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocEnd
Mate, I fly anything thats put in front of me,you name IT.
Goggle work lots of foamy's wings ,pusher gliders, some speed gliders that was fun, power planes to many vibes all or almost goggles with and with out gimbals.
Driving with goggles electric drag cars mmmm hard ,4x4 off road crawlers and speed very straight forward.these using my Head plays at times.
Now my noob Q was being a race quad NOT tried.
Thank's
Jul 14, 2017, 04:37 AM
Registered User
CrocEnd's Avatar
Yes plenty of drones quads, I could list all mine nuda,
Latest to the hanger Mavic Pro magic.
Still gotta try this small bugger but, It is payed for when it gets hear yeeh.
Cheer,s
Jul 14, 2017, 05:17 PM
Registered User
Mate, if I had a Mavic on the way, I wouldn't be spending much time looking at 250 racers. It's got sport mode and all the tricks. And you can film awesome arial footage. Win, win.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocEnd
Yes plenty of drones quads, I could list all mine nuda,
Latest to the hanger Mavic Pro magic.
Still gotta try this small bugger but, It is payed for when it gets hear yeeh.
Cheer,s
Jul 16, 2017, 11:33 PM
Registered User

Motors...


I'm looking at getting a set of these from Banggood:

4X Racerstar Racing Edition 2205S BR2205S 2300KV 2-4S Brushless Motor

or

X Racerstar Racing Edition 2205 BR2205 2300KV 2-4S Brushless Motor

I note the 2205S is slightly taller (3mm) than the straight 2205 and slightly more expensive, but the specs seem pretty much the same.

Can someone advise me on what the 'S' means after 2205, as opposed to those without an S on their name?

(see here: https://www.banggood.com/4X-Racersta...l?rmmds=search )

TIA
Jul 17, 2017, 03:54 AM
Registered User
CrocEnd's Avatar
Mate the Mavic is no wear near sporty as you think , I am not gona ring its neck out $2200
no way . Will try this little buggar frist.
Cheer's
Jul 17, 2017, 11:05 AM
Fire Marshall Bill
I worked on the introductory internet commercial from DJI for the Mavic a year ago. A very capable flier, but not a racer, if you want to fly it again tomorrow!
Jul 17, 2017, 03:59 PM
Registered User
rolf, fair point, they aren't cheap. I wasn't suggesting it be a racer, but having flown one for a while, it's reasonably fast for a proprietary unit with all the other stuff on it, just overpriced like all DJi craft. If i could afford a racer and a Mavic I'd be in both. Having just lost my second Phantom 3 Pro, and gone from a 1 to a 2 (2 axis & 3 axis Zen gimbals) and then a 3Pro, a 4Pro was on my list...it's still just sitting there on my list. If i win lotto, it's an Inspire 2 with the x5 cam on it - it's about $16,000 over here ready to go

mate, just buy the spedix, you won't be disappointed if you get it set up right and it won't break like the mavic. It's hard to beat for a BNF first timer, either the S250 or the BK 210/250. I'd suggest the Black Knight 250, just a bit more robust than the plastic only arms on the S250.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocEnd
Mate the Mavic is no wear near sporty as you think , I am not gona ring its neck out $2200
no way . Will try this little buggar frist.
Cheer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo Te
I worked on the introductory internet commercial from DJI for the Mavic a year ago. A very capable flier, but not a racer, if you want to fly it again tomorrow!
Jul 18, 2017, 03:34 PM
If it's R/C, I'm in!
Knight Owl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocEnd
Hi All
I want to buy one of these Quads total noob but I have Head play goggles .
Do these goggles work , all help please.
Cheers CrocEnd

ps If so will push the button tonight.
In case you didn't get a final answer yet... I see no reason why Headplays wouldn't work with this quad out of the box. All Headplay models I've seen incorporate a VRx with enough channels to lock on to this/any 5.8 GHz VTx.
Jul 19, 2017, 03:20 AM
Registered User
CrocEnd's Avatar
Knight Owl.
I thought that it would be case just makeing shaw,
Oh and the little bugger arrived today.
YES, This is nuts at my age arrrrrr well.
Croc

ps We will see
Jul 19, 2017, 09:25 AM
If it's R/C, I'm in!
Knight Owl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocEnd
Knight Owl.
I thought that it would be case just makeing shaw,
Oh and the little bugger arrived today.
YES, This is nuts at my age arrrrrr well.
Croc

ps We will see
I think you're gonna have fun with it. I have been enjoying my Spedix quads for a couple years now. I don't have the "Pro", but I have the original S250 and the Black Knight 210, which are similar. Happy flying!
Jul 21, 2017, 05:33 PM
Registered User
CrocEnd's Avatar
What's a good size battery for this both 3s and or 4s
Cheer's Croc
Jul 21, 2017, 05:49 PM
Registered User
CrocEnd's Avatar
My sat., rx is under the camera and can't get to bind it pushing on that little button that is,not enough room.Will I have to shift it.
Thanx Croc
Jul 21, 2017, 09:33 PM
Registered User
Hey CrocEnd, good buy.

You can fly 3s 1300 ~ 1800 or 4s 1300~1500 (give or take). The best part about running 4s is the power compared to the 3s. I've actually run 2200mah 3s's, but I think that's a bit much for a 3s on a 250. Others may want to chime in here?

As for the binding process, join the club mate - the hardest bind I have ever done, as I only have 2 hands - you're better twisting it out (it's on double sided tape), bind and re-stick the sat. You just need to be gentle with the bind button, or it will break off. You would only need to move it out to an arm if you replace the camera with a larger unit as it won't fit under the larger cam.

PS: if you are buying 4s, get minimum 70C rating if you can. With the 3s, same rule applies, just not sure how high 3s rate (C). They suck a fair bit of power when you're banging around hard. Again, others may want to agree/disagree with me. I'm pretty new to racers also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocEnd
What's a good size battery for this both 3s and or 4s
Cheer's Croc
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocEnd
My sat., rx is under the camera and can't get to bind it pushing on that little button that is,not enough room.Will I have to shift it.
Thanx Croc
Last edited by thegeek; Jul 21, 2017 at 09:40 PM.
Jul 21, 2017, 10:18 PM
Registered User
CrocEnd's Avatar
ALL done thanks Mate