Spedix S250 Pro BNF FPV Quad - Page 3 - RC Groups
Jun 18, 2016, 11:58 PM
Triad of Fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshiftcapt
where's sat rx?
It's behind the camera taped to top plate.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2016, 02:47 AM
Dave Raines
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSettle
I've bound my S250 Pro to my DX8 G2 but I can't arm the motors like others on this thread by using the right rudder. What am I missing?

Looking at the cleanflight Rx settings, everything looks correct for Roll, Pitch, Yaw and Throttle.

Does this thing arm with rudder or aux switches?

I've never configured a naze controller or used cleanflight before so any help is appreciated.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3&postcount=10
Jun 19, 2016, 04:18 AM
I have an earlier spedix s250 and would like to know if the pro will be sold as just a frame kit?
Am happy with what I have got although it is a little beat up but still flies OK. So rather than buying an old frame to repair the one I have I would rather update to a newer frame where I could move all electronics over.
Is this possible, if not why not?
Thanks Tongala
Jun 19, 2016, 09:36 AM
Triad of Fun
I started with +-150 and could not arm. This video was explict enough that I could follow to get mine to arm and spin up. Turns out i had to reverse my yaw channel.

Naze32 Quick Tip - Troubleshooting Arming (4 min 15 sec)
Jun 19, 2016, 12:26 PM
How the hell do you get this thing to stop screaming???? There are ZERO instructions at all for it and cant find anything online.
What GUI? Cleanflight? Baseflight? I saw one video that said to use Openpilot but they cant even be found now.
What firmware should be used?
How do you shut off the insane beeping????? lol

Im sure this is an awesome little quad but I cant even get to first base with it.

I have no problem with the 4 other much more complex quads I build from scratch based on APM, Pixhawk and Taranis radios.

Is there any documentation anywhere at all?

Thanks so much
Jun 19, 2016, 02:49 PM
Triad of Fun
I just flew the S250 Pro and it flies great. It really is a bind and fly, kindof...

Here is what I did to get mine in the air:
1. Left the props off
2. Bound the Rx to my DX8. Some previous posts will help you with that.
3. Downloaded the cleanflight plugin for Chrome and started it up
4. Plugged the Naze32 controller into my computer via a USB cable from my cell phone
5. Cleanflight automatically connected to it after the USB driver was auto-installed
6. Followed the 4 minute video above to make sure my throttle, yaw, roll and pitch controls were correct. I had to reverse my yaw channel and cleanflight made this very easy for me to see.
7. The video also makes a very important point about the value of the throttle and yaw to make it arm. I had to increase the endpoints a few percent to make it arm for those two channels.
8. I was able to arm the S250 then went to the tab that test the motors. It was cool to be able to spin them up individually.
9. Put the props on and flew it.

I did not mess with with upgrading the firmware and it flies fine as is.

I was also confused as to why there was not any instructions in the box on how to set it up. It took me several hours of research yesterday but in the end, I figured it out. Hope this helps someone else.
Jun 20, 2016, 02:48 PM
Triad of Fun
I am new to the programmable quads so I'd appreciate a couple of pointers. As mentioned above, I used Cleanflight to view my S250 pro's configuration to help me set up my DX8 Tx model programming. I also performed a "backup" and saved the config to my local drive.

Did anything change on my S250, since I didn't click "save" on any tabbed screen?

Also, when I run the CLI command dump, is the version that comes back, the actual firmware version running on the S250?

Quote:
Entering CLI Mode, type 'exit' to return, or 'help'

# dump

# version
# Cleanflight/NAZE 1.12.1 Apr 10 2016 / 19:57:39 (d0c90cf)
Is there a command that pulls the hardware information, with model/serial number of the Naze32 board to see exactly what is there? (i.e. how to I verify what flight controller I have?)

Lastly, do I have to program flight modes using cleanflight and save them?

It appears that the Naze32 controller has only one mode available by default and the other two would have to be added through cleanflight (agile, horizontal and rate) but unclear from what I've read so far.

Apprecaite it!
Jun 20, 2016, 04:55 PM
Dave Raines
Quote:
Did anything change on my S250, since I didn't click "save" on any tabbed screen?
If there is a save button you must click it. Not all tabs have a save button though.

Quote:
Is there a command that pulls the hardware information, with model/serial number of the Naze32 board to see exactly what is there? (i.e. how to I verify what flight controller I have?)
I think ANGLE is the only mode enabled by default, if you want HORIZON or AIRMODE you will have to set them up. The box lists it as a NAZE V6 1.1.
Jun 20, 2016, 06:49 PM
I may have a bad board. It connects up to clean flight but it it just will not stop beeping. It also doesn't see the receiver even though it's bound.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Jun 20, 2016, 06:55 PM
Triad of Fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinks
I think ANGLE is the only mode enabled by default, if you want HORIZON or AIRMODE you will have to set them up. The box lists it as a NAZE V6 1.1.
Thanks!

In Cleanflight, I see that for profile 1, ANGLE mode is mapped to the AUX1 switch. When I enable ANGLE mode in flight, the quad stabilizes but is pitched forward and requires almost full down pitch to hover in place. Any idea what setting makes the ANGLE mode pitch forward?

When ANGLE mode is disabled, it appears to be in RATE mode (or manual) as it takes a little work to hover but it has neutral pitch.

Also, have any idea what AIR MODE is?

I've seen descriptions of Rate, Horizon and Angle, but not Air mode.
Jun 20, 2016, 07:18 PM
Triad of Fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by k5nwz
I may have a bad board. It connects up to clean flight but it it just will not stop beeping. It also doesn't see the receiver even though it's bound.
By default, my S250 beeped after binding and found out Profile 1, which I believe is the default profile, has the beeper tied to my AUX2 switch. Once I flipped the AUX2, the beeper went off.

The beeper comes on at a low voltage threshold or by flipping AUX2.

I'm sure the buzzer can make all kinds of different sounds but check your AUX2 on your Tx by chance.
Jun 20, 2016, 11:52 PM
Dave Raines
Quote:
Thanks!

In Cleanflight, I see that for profile 1, ANGLE mode is mapped to the AUX1 switch. When I enable ANGLE mode in flight, the quad stabilizes but is pitched forward and requires almost full down pitch to hover in place. Any idea what setting makes the ANGLE mode pitch forward?

When ANGLE mode is disabled, it appears to be in RATE mode (or manual) as it takes a little work to hover but it has neutral pitch.

Also, have any idea what AIR MODE is?

I've seen descriptions of Rate, Horizon and Angle, but not Air mode.
If you are pitching forward in ANGLE mode than your accelerometer probably needs to be calibrated. If you actually plan to race your quad, learn to fly ACRO and forget about HORIZON or ANGLE mode. They will hold you back.

Air mode isnt really like the other modes which are exclusive of each other. It is added on top of other modes to keep the motors turning at low throttle. This allows pitch, yaw and roll corrections to be made while the throttle is all the way down such as in a descent.
Jun 20, 2016, 11:57 PM
Dave Raines
Quote:
Originally Posted by k5nwz

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Does the satellite's LED come on?
Jun 21, 2016, 08:34 AM
Triad of Fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinks
If you are pitching forward in ANGLE mode than your accelerometer probably needs to be calibrated. If you actually plan to race your quad, learn to fly ACRO and forget about HORIZON or ANGLE mode. They will hold you back.

Air mode isnt really like the other modes which are exclusive of each other. It is added on top of other modes to keep the motors turning at low throttle. This allows pitch, yaw and roll corrections to be made while the throttle is all the way down such as in a descent.
Thanks Lemmiwinks. I'll recalibrate and try again later today.

If I don't choose a "special" mode in Cleanflight, is the default mode ACRO?

For instance, see the screen shot below on how I have my Profile 1 setup. If my AUX2, 3-position switch is in the high range, neither ANGLE or HORIZON is enabled. Does this mean ACRO mode is enabled?

Also, does ACRO and RATE mode mean the same thing?
Jun 21, 2016, 09:57 AM
Dave Raines
Quote:
Thanks Lemmiwinks. I'll recalibrate and try again later today.

If I don't choose a "special" mode in Cleanflight, is the default mode ACRO?

For instance, see the screen shot below on how I have my Profile 1 setup. If my AUX2, 3-position switch is in the high range, neither ANGLE or HORIZON is enabled. Does this mean ACRO mode is enabled?

Also, does ACRO and RATE mode mean the same thing?
Yes, yes and yes.