Spedix S250 Pro BNF FPV Quad - RC Groups
May 27, 2016, 04:19 PM
Discussion

Spedix S250 Pro BNF FPV Quad

We are glad to introduce the new generation Spedix S250 Pro bind and fly quad that comes with a lot of improvements in structure, parts, and performance.

Compared to the old S250, this quad flies much smoother, quicker, and exhibits better maneuverability and durability. It is a good FPV quad for beginners and intermediate pilots that do not want spend much time in assembly and setup.

The product can be found on Buddy RC .
Parts are available here.

Features:
Assembled and programmed in factory
Ready to bind to DSMX radio and fly
Light weight and agility design
700TVL camera and 40 channel video transmitter installed
New Naze Rev6 flight controller with integrated MinimOSD
Reinforced 2204 2300KV motors
BLHeli program ESC with OneShot
Stronger arms
Green and red LED lights on arms
Programmable LED lights on the tail
DSMX compatible satellite with binding button

We thank Wes in testing the prototypes and made the handy configuration file for easy setup of the quad. The file can be downloaded at the bottom of this post.

Spedix S250 Pro Setup Part 1 Open Box (3 min 10 sec)

Spedix S250 Pro Setup Part 2 Bind to Radio (5 min 21 sec)

Spedix s250 Pro Setup 3 Cleanflight (16 min 22 sec)
Last edited by epbuddy; Aug 14, 2016 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Videos added
to remove ads between posts
May 27, 2016, 04:30 PM
Spedix pilots are welcome to join the Spedix Cup FPV racing in our Flight Bash event.
1st place in the race will get a cash price of $1000, donated by Spedix. 2nd and 3rd place will receive a Spedix Pro quad. Presently there are still openings available for the cup.

The event is from June 3-5, in Pataskala, Ohio (a city next to Columbus).
www.flightbash.com

The batch of the quad will arrive just before the event. And we will also save some quads for the race.
May 27, 2016, 06:49 PM
Cool! Now should I spend a little more on this one or just go with the s250aq from HK?
May 27, 2016, 08:38 PM
Im torn between this and the diatone 180. Any thoughts on differences between the two?
May 27, 2016, 10:30 PM
Dave Raines
Is the OSD configurable like a regular MinimOSD? How does it connect to a FTDI adapter?
Jun 05, 2016, 03:16 PM
So im having a lot of problems with this quad. I bought it and immediately updated the firmware to betaflight 2.8.0 naze build and configured it and tried to fly it. The quad almost immediately started freaking out when I took it off and flip itself over. Then I reduced all the stock PIDs by half and while I could hover it, any input to move it around would result in the same thing.

So I reflashed it back to betaflight 2.7. I'm going to reconfigure it with 2.7 and see how that goes. Does anyone have any suggestions on how else I can get this thing flying (i.e. looptime settings, CLI commands, etc). Thanks

Additionally, if anyone can point me in the right direction to figure out how to configure the OSD I would appreciate it. I know it has a couple FTDI type connectors on the side of the board but I have never configured a Minim before.
Jun 06, 2016, 12:55 PM
Would someone please point out where the bind button is located?
Jun 06, 2016, 01:01 PM
Dave Raines
Its in a hole on the side of the satellite rx.
Jun 11, 2016, 05:39 PM

More Help

Thank you sir that helped - I was able to bind.

But... I'm still not able to get the quad to spin the motors. I spent most of the day at work Friday and most of today scouring the web reading up on the Rev 6 Naze board and Cleanflight. I used the configuration file that BuddyRC provided - the one Wes created. Learned how to make sure I saved everything in Cleanflight. Messed around with my throttle end-points. I'm still not able to arm the quad. I'm using a DX6. I'm reasonably sure my switch A is doing something... Arming Not sure. I know that I cannot arm using the rudder.

Looking for tips or a nod in the right direction.... please
Jun 11, 2016, 07:40 PM
Dave Raines
You need to do the basic transmitter setup in CleanFlight. Change servo travel to +/- 148. I would calibrate the motors first and then pick the switches you want to use under the modes tab in CF. Also, make sure the switch on the side of the camera is set to N or the OSD may not showup.
Last edited by Lemmiwinks; Jun 11, 2016 at 07:50 PM.
Jun 13, 2016, 06:28 AM
How did I miss this? Glad to see it is still evolving. Just flew my older SPX-81010 over the weekend.

Looking forward to buying this newer one soon.
Jun 13, 2016, 06:30 PM
Going broke, dam this hobby
nice looking quad, but no instructions , im kind of dumb i guess , need help getting this thing bound and setup on my dx6
Jun 13, 2016, 09:04 PM
They call me Crash!
Seen one fly...I'm all in!
Jun 13, 2016, 10:02 PM
12a or 20a esc i wonder?
Jun 13, 2016, 11:10 PM
Dave Raines
They are 16 amp according to the package