Jul 06, 2017, 11:12 AM
Hi Ricky,

advantages
the tracker points a 9 turn helical at anything broadcasting on the 40 channel 5.8ghz band including all the nano quads on 5.8 and has the racebands built in

capable of running full 360 degrees continuously when tracking

the system comes with diversity as an upgrade and video booster/amplifier built in + 12v in/out
needs no onboard equipment to be transmitted back to the tracker
it can track from 1meter to the furthest recorded distances 9 turn antennas 14km 16 turn antennas 32km

it's a plug and play system that only requires a 3s battery and Omni antenna if purchasing the diversity tracker

It has the fastest setup time out there of any tracker

just pop on a tripod plug in the battery and hit run and your tracking

It can be used to find your lost model/quad as it will take you directly to it, many customers have found their UAVs after equipment malfunctions saving them replacement costs

Can be used on the move as it's not locked to any home coordinates

There are just a few examples of the advantages over your current setup let alone its cheaper :-)

If you need any more info just let me know

Cheers
Tommy
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2017, 01:34 PM
A man with too many toys

Max Battery Voltage?

I have a bunch of 4s batteries. Is that too much voltage for the tracker?

Does the diversity option take a SMA or RP-SMA antenna?

Is there a full list of specifications that lists information like that?

Jul 22, 2017, 02:04 PM
Hi RC Man

best stick to 3s :-)
Diversity is SMA
just e-mailed the basic guide

Cheers
Tommy
Aug 04, 2017, 02:31 PM
A man with too many toys
If I want to upgrade from a 9-turn antenna to a longer antenna do I have to change all three or just the center one?
Aug 04, 2017, 02:55 PM
if you are needing more penetration and staying within the range of the 9 turn there is not a problem changing just the center antenna however if you fly past the 9 turn s maximum range then you run the risk of losing the tracking whilst still having good video

remember the video degrading slowly is the indicator that your reaching maximum range :-)
Aug 04, 2017, 04:06 PM
A man with too many toys
I have a few trees about 0.4 Km away that may cause signal degradation. When my tracker arrives I will see if the trees are problem. Any news on a shipping date?

Nov 26, 2017, 01:32 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Anyone mount on top of their car/SUV?
Last edited by rclab1; Jan 22, 2019 at 04:08 PM.
Jan 22, 2019, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
I have a few trees about 0.4 Km away that may cause signal degradation. When my tracker arrives I will see if the trees are problem. Any news on a shipping date?

How is has yours been working? Flawless?

Also, what VideoTx currently out now works great with this tracker. I almost bought one
1.5yrs ago but got into 1.3ghz Video.
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Jan 22, 2019, 05:17 PM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
How is has yours been working? Flawless?

Also, what VideoTx currently out now works great with this tracker. I almost bought one
1.5yrs ago but got into 1.3ghz Video.
It works as it should. Also very good customer support.

I have tried several VTx and they all work about the same. That all depends on how far you want to fly. Lower frequency is always going to get you more range.

Jan 22, 2019, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
It works as it should. Also very good customer support.

I have tried several VTx and they all work about the same. That all depends on how far you want to fly. Lower frequency is always going to get you more range.

Someone went 10km with 5.8 using this GS tracker...thats impressive.

I just don't know what 5.8 videoTx "brand" to buy now as ImmersionRC or FatShark do not make those bigger size 5.8 videoTx's anymore.

Is The RMRC brand 5.8 VideoTx any good?
Thanks
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Jan 22, 2019, 07:21 PM
A man with too many toys
RMRC is excellent.
Aug 22, 2019, 07:32 AM
Someone could confirm that the firmware available here is the latest version of the commercial RSSI PRO.

https://github.com/robthomson/rssiprotrack

Thanks everyone for your help.
Aug 22, 2019, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by isabido
Someone could confirm that the firmware available here is the latest version of the commercial RSSI PRO.

Thanks everyone for your help.
I found this thread as I had flashed it it and joystick stopped working. I then formatted eeprom and reflashed.
This allowed me to program joystick up,down,left right and select.
But I could not move through menus.
Currently my rssi pro tracker v2 is out of commision.
Not advisable to use that code yet until its confirmed to work.
Aug 23, 2019, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiZen
I found this thread as I had flashed it it and joystick stopped working. I then formatted eeprom and reflashed.
This allowed me to program joystick up,down,left right and select.
But I could not move through menus.
Currently my rssi pro tracker v2 is out of commision.
Not advisable to use that code yet until its confirmed to work.
Ohhh sorry, I didn't mean to intentionally provoke that fault on your tracker. I was just asking if the code that was available for download would serve to make the RSSI pro yourself.
Aug 23, 2019, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by isabido
Ohhh sorry, I didn't mean to intentionally provoke that fault on your tracker. I was just asking if the code that was available for download would serve to make the RSSI pro yourself.
No it wasn't your fault. I came here to see if I could find older firmware and saw your post.
Tommyd does not seem active on rcgroups.
He posted this on fpvhub "Hi All,

We have just released a brand new 3d printed case available on thingiverse for the new V3 RSSI Pro Track DIY project Along with this we are also releasing the latest V3 source code for people to play with.

The case can be used for all previous trackers
hardware
new firmware is also available for all previous trackers using lots of the V3 upgrades which will be released over the weekend

the assembly instructions and parts list will follow as soon as we can get to it

SOURCE CODE FOR NEW V3 DIY PROJECT ONLY

New DIY case for all previous tracker :-)
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3203033

Cheers
Tommy"

Tommyd has not been active on fpvhub since last year.

Looks like it is the latest code.

Rob is the developer which can be confirmed on pre kickstarted video
NEW FPV RSSI Pro Track REVEALED (20 min 36 sec)

I would say save your current hex and eeprom
Hex
avrdude -p atmega328 -c stk500v2 -P COM10 -b 115200 -U flash:rrig_rptrack_firm.hex
Eeprom
avrdude -p atmega328 -c stk500v2 -P COM10 -b 115200 -U eeprom:rrig_rptrack_eeprom.hex

Com port needs to be your ftdi device one. And programmer Id may need to change.

Once saved try the new hex. If it works great otherwise flash back old hex.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply