Nov 11, 2019, 01:51 PM

Android 9 (MIUI 11.0.1.0) does not connect to RC

My recent Mi 9T Xiaomi ( = K20 ) does not connect to RC via USB cable.
My older Red Mi Go ( Android 8 ) works perfectly OK.
I have reinstalled the software on my Mi 9T... connexion still impossible.
My son suspects RC firmware compatibility problem.
I'll try to contact Fimi with very little hope they will be willing to make a RC firmware update for Mi Drone they just abandonned.
I hate to have to transfer the Sim card to my old smartphone each time i want to fly the Midrone !

Does any one have a clue ?

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2019, 02:45 PM
Not crashing = Not flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiral
I'll try to contact Fimi with very little hope they will be willing to make a RC firmware update for Mi Drone they just abandonned.
I hate to have to transfer the Sim card to my old smartphone each time i want to fly the Midrone !

Thanks
With some devices you have to use the included USB dongle like I have to.
Nov 11, 2019, 03:16 PM
Quote:

Thanks
Have you tried enabling or disabling the USB debugging option?
I am using a Xiaomi device as well (Mi Max 3), running android 9. Then again , I connect through the Wifi dongle wirelessly…
Στάλθηκε από το MI MAX 3 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
Nov 11, 2019, 03:25 PM
BTW, you don't have to transfer SIM card. Bring both phones to location and use the new phone (Mi 9T) as hotspot to download map and navigation data for the MI APP installed on the old phone. When you are done, switch off the hotspot mode and fly as usual with the old device.

Nov 11, 2019, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptor
With some devices you have to use the included USB dongle like I have to.
Do you mean the wifi dongle ? I am trying to avoid wifi because USB cable is safer
Nov 11, 2019, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggalitsas
Have you tried enabling or disabling the USB debugging option?
I am using a Xiaomi device as well (Mi Max 3), running android 9. Then again , I connect through the Wifi dongle wirelessly…
Where can I enable/disable the USB debugging option ?
Nov 11, 2019, 07:35 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Where can I enable/disable the USB debugging option ?
Google is your friend: https://www.techentice.com/how-to-en...droid-devices/
Nov 11, 2019, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggalitsas
BTW, you don't have to transfer SIM card. Bring both phones to location and use the new phone (Mi 9T) as hotspot to download map and navigation data for the MI APP installed on the old phone. When you are done, switch off the hotspot mode and fly as usual with the old device.

Thanks Aggalitsas, I'll try that when weather permit.
Hoping that Mi drone can be spotted real time on the old phone map.
Nov 12, 2019, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Do you mean the wifi dongle ? I am trying to avoid wifi because USB cable is safer
Yes, my bad.
I used to think the cable was safer but the wifi is just going from the dongle to the phone/tablet. One of my devices let me use the cable and it was never any better than the dongle, so I stopped worrying, the dongle is less hassle by getting rid of one of the cables.
Long story short, you have to use whatever works.
Nov 19, 2019, 08:55 PM
Anyone interested in buying one of these with 5 batteries?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...of-accessories

If it is inappropriate to post something like this here, please just delete it. Seems to me I read where people were looking for spare batteries, and I'm selling the entire shebang for about the price of the batteries.
Nov 20, 2019, 07:57 PM
So its kinda starting to bug me a bit. I got this Xiaomi MI Drone and besides this small issues that you has to point it either to North or south precisely and the camera not level itself correctly always, it worked great. Until my battery-cells problem started. The craft works just fine, and I can't seem to find one
single place that sells that battery and ships it to Sweden. Aliexpress seems to still have the batteries, but dont shop to Sweden.
I did find a place though, but I never heard about it before, and it was called... ECCGEEK That still seems to have them, and maybe ships them to sweden. Anyone heard about this store before?

I do know that XIAOMI (FIMI) Sadly dont support this nice bird anymore, wich is really a shame. But they could at least support it with batteries.
Nov 21, 2019, 02:50 AM
Flying Bra

Have a few thoughts

HEY FIRST POST HERE BUT:

I'd like to echo other people's views with regards to IOS13 not being supported, finding myself in the same boat, but love the drone and don't wish to get rid of it.

I have some solutions for people to keep flying if you get bummed out by the Ios13 thing:

- Get A cheap UNLOCKED secondhand handset from places like:

1 ) CEX (2-year guarantee, so you can get a refund if it doesn't work)

2 ) MusicMagpie.co.uk (12 Month Warranty, although the company is a bit 50/50, check the reviews)

then, in order FOR Maps to work, I have an idea but it's untested currently:

- Get a FREE Pay as you go SIM to put in the phone. you don't need to top it up, you merely just need it to have a sim in it, to pick up the 3G/4G so It can provide GPS and Maps while flying. (I don't think it requires data to do this)

I am unsure what the latest versions of Android are that are compatible but from my research in this thread and such it seems to be:
- Android 5 & 6 and up to Android 9.

Also, I would recommend using USB as apposed to the WIFI and USB dongle, reason being is, any interference of any kind is gonna be awkward and with FIMI not supporting this drone anymore with updates or such, I'd rather fly as safely and connected as I CAN.

I'm going to be doing a YOUTUBE Video to help people who end up STILL buying this drone. (www.youtube.com/NSMediaProductions)

I'm also intrigued as to whether the FIMI app for the Fimi X8SE is compatible in a way with the Mi drone.
Has anyone tried?
Nov 21, 2019, 02:59 AM
Flying Bra

yessss

Any updates to this build? Would love to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayuatma
Hope you are satisfied to your drone emptybee.
I agree that most of buyer have good experience with this drone. What makes the reviews fuming hot with saracasm and hard words are the customer support issue, especially when malfunction product claim is the topic.
Some, just have too much expectation for the price range. Some, even don't have experience comparing to other GPS drone with higher price range.

I, myself find this community have very little "tweakers" which shares their hack/tweak to this "abandoned by company" drones. Once upon a time, Lizzie.zhou still give "hope" for upcoming fix and upgrade on the software side. But as 1080p owner, that hope had perished earlier than the 4K owner. And maybe, just maybe, the amount of sarcastic user in this forum just too much to bear for someone to share their tweaks.

I have blurry lanscape photo from the start, about 2 years ago when 4K version start to launch. Just a few days ago, I gain the courage to dismantle the camera (with very little step by step guide from YouTube), and managed to fix the focus. Later on I just realized that the lens is just a standard M12 lens than used and sold for many compat camera / CCTV.
I bought a non distortion lens (mine have barrel effect) and a 3x zoom lens on aliexpress, each for under 9 USD. Hope I can share the results with you all soon.

Just ignore the sarcasm, dont let them ruin the productivity of this forum/community.
Nov 21, 2019, 10:01 AM
Carefree - Whale Footage from Mi Drone 4K (2019) (2 min 40 sec)
Nov 21, 2019, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777MARTIAN
Right Whales if I'm not mistaken.

Quick Reply