Sep 11, 2019, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZEE
Thanks RZEE, I am familiar with this procedure, but hesitant to perform it. I did a gimbal calibration through the app -without the book underneath - and took extra care to take off from a level surface. Only did one flight, seems to work fine.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2019, 12:43 PM
hello ,

lifetime of lipo battery is around 2/3 years , even if you dont use them a lot . batteries have reached this time , and probably internal resistance of battery is now too high and it is why , when i use it , voltage drop and temperature increase above 50 C quickly .

waiting new battery to compare .
Sep 18, 2019, 03:06 PM

Cannot Power off 4K Drone

Hi. I've learnt a lot of valuable information from this thread but I have not been able to find a solution to this issue so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. This is my first post so please go easy on me!

My Xiaomi Mi 4K Drone used to work perfectly but now when it lands it will first slow down the motors as usual but then fails to power off. I can keep the left stick pushed all the way down for a very long time and it still will not switch off. If I release the stick it starts to try to take off again and flips over. The last time it broke a propeller! Apart from that it still flies very well - although maybe it is not as stable in GPS mode as it used to be?

As I understand it, the flight controller uses a mixture of the sonar, downward facing camera and the accelerometer to detect when it has landed. If the drone is hovering low and I put my hand underneath then the motors will slow down dramatically but do not stop. If the drone is on the ground and I keep the stick pressed down it will not power off but then when I place my hand underneath and cover the sensor and the camera it still has no effect and so this does not help the drone to power down. To overcome this I must keep holding the down button and then press the two buttons to do an Emergency Stop. The other possible solution is to press the battery button on the drone to switch it off while the blades are still rotating. Neither of the solutions is satisfactory or safe and are complicated to execute.

I have opened this drone once to replace a damaged motor last year and it has worked fine since then up until recently. I'm not aware of any firmware updates that have been applied that could have accidentally caused this. I would just like some assistance to work out what the problem could be. I don't know if you have seen this problem before. I am willing to try to disassemble and check some wires if required but I am an amateur and this will take me a long time to do and I do not know what I am looking for.

Any suggestions please?
Sep 20, 2019, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyhko
Hi Everyone, I'm new here, I own a Mi Drone 4K for almost a year now, it flown very well and I'm having very much fun with it, but recently I get the message "System preheating, please wait" and unable to take off, can anyone help me with a solution ?
Check battery connectors (both sides) on the battery and main unit. Clear if there is an oxidation. It is hardly visible on battery in those connectors' holes.
Sep 20, 2019, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagier
Hi. I've learnt a lot of valuable information from this thread but I have not been able to find a solution to this issue so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. This is my first post so please go easy on me!

My Xiaomi Mi 4K Drone used to work perfectly but now when it lands it will first slow down the motors as usual but then fails to power off. I can keep the left stick pushed all the way down for a very long time and it still will not switch off. If I release the stick it starts to try to take off again and flips over. The last time it broke a propeller! Apart from that it still flies very well - although maybe it is not as stable in GPS mode as it used to be?

As I understand it, the flight controller uses a mixture of the sonar, downward facing camera and the accelerometer to detect when it has landed. If the drone is hovering low and I put my hand underneath then the motors will slow down dramatically but do not stop. If the drone is on the ground and I keep the stick pressed down it will not power off but then when I place my hand underneath and cover the sensor and the camera it still has no effect and so this does not help the drone to power down. To overcome this I must keep holding the down button and then press the two buttons to do an Emergency Stop. The other possible solution is to press the battery button on the drone to switch it off while the blades are still rotating. Neither of the solutions is satisfactory or safe and are complicated to execute.

I have opened this drone once to replace a damaged motor last year and it has worked fine since then up until recently. I'm not aware of any firmware updates that have been applied that could have accidentally caused this. I would just like some assistance to work out what the problem could be. I don't know if you have seen this problem before. I am willing to try to disassemble and check some wires if required but I am an amateur and this will take me a long time to do and I do not know what I am looking for.

Any suggestions please?
IMU calibration perhaps?
Sep 21, 2019, 04:43 PM
Hello guys, i'm new here

Is the mi drone 4k still available? Or it's discontinued?
I can't find it anymore on bangood or gearbest (or similar sites). But it is in stock on fasttech.
Sep 22, 2019, 10:28 AM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wronglor
Hello guys, i'm new here

Is the mi drone 4k still available? Or it's discontinued?
I can't find it anymore on bangood or gearbest (or similar sites). But it is in stock on fasttech.
Available as Stock, Discontinued Production and Service/updates from Seller. Still a decent Aircraft but for near same price (Actually Cheaper) you can get their latest offering which is far from perfect but is being supported and chipping away at issues.
Sep 22, 2019, 02:39 PM
Thank you
Sep 24, 2019, 03:07 PM
Greetings, I bought a drone and managed to easily bump into a tree. One engine stopped spinning, so I replaced it, but it still doesn't spin. My friend advised me that it could be some ESC board. Do you think it is enough to exchange and I can fly? Or if any calibration should be performed after replacement. Thank you for your reply and I apologize for the English translation.
Sep 24, 2019, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seky97
Greetings, I bought a drone and managed to easily bump into a tree. One engine stopped spinning, so I replaced it, but it still doesn't spin. My friend advised me that it could be some ESC board. Do you think it is enough to exchange and I can fly? Or if any calibration should be performed after replacement. Thank you for your reply and I apologize for the English translation.
Get a multi meter and check input to that side of the motor/ESC to insure that the ESC is even getting input. As for price, it's your dime...only you know if you have enough of them
Sep 25, 2019, 12:06 AM
Thanks a lot, ESC have already ordered new ones. What about calibration? Does it have to be calibrated?
Sep 25, 2019, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seky97
Thanks a lot, ESC have already ordered new ones. What about calibration? Does it have to be calibrated?
Other than normal routine Calibrations for that particular drone, no there is no Calibration needed when you replace a ESC or motor. I would caution you on replacing just one or two ESC's, unless it is a true factory part. The FC will adjust thrust as needed to maintain normal flight. Once ESC(s) have been replaced you will want to give a few brief flights and check motor temps to ensure everything is within spec. Best of luck.
Sep 27, 2019, 06:45 AM

Battery Replacement

Just bought new battery, it shows each cell is around 4.32v
My old battery was down to 3.76v after 22 cycles
Is this new higher voltage OK?
Sep 27, 2019, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo57
Just bought new battery, it shows each cell is around 4.32v
My old battery was down to 3.76v after 22 cycles
Is this new higher voltage OK?
Yes, no problem.
Sep 27, 2019, 10:38 AM

iOS 13 update

Hi guys, just updated the phone to iOS 13 and now no connection to drone. Tried both WiFi and USB.
Any ideas?
Gary

Quick Reply