Aug 24, 2019, 03:24 PM
Via WIFI yeah
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2019, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanos_7_8
Are you satisfied with the battery performance? Does it fly over 20 minutes as the original one?
I'm wondering why they stop selling it at European shops.
it is orginal MI battery for Chinese market, works as the one that came with the drone.
Aug 29, 2019, 11:12 AM

Tilted Horizon

I have just noticed that the gimbal needs alignment. After 15 flights with no problems it now has a slight inclination to the left, 4 flights in a row. Should I perform a gimbal alignment in the Mi app? Any chances of mishaps?
Gimbal worked perfectly out of the box, very few flights (19), low mileage (25km), no hard landings or tipovers.
Please advise.
Aug 29, 2019, 01:21 PM
dont remember if question have been already asked so : what is the max cycle of battery ?

and i add an other question : what is the max temp you get ?

me : 59 C
Sep 06, 2019, 05:43 AM

System preheating, please wait

Hi Everyone, I'm new here, I own a Mi Drone 4K for almost a year now, it flown very well and I'm having very much fun with it, but recently I get the message "System preheating, please wait" and unable to take off, can anyone help me with a solution ?
Sep 06, 2019, 10:47 AM
hello , since a moment , before every flight i get this message , even if outside is already hot . after a few moment , you could be able to take off ( message "could take off") . if not you have probably an other mesage displayed like " Poor precision for GPS signal " , " Copass interfered , please take off for an other place "
see more info here http://wikirotors.com/index.php?titl...Mi_Drone_Guide
Sep 06, 2019, 03:16 PM
Not crashing = Not flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyhko
Hi Everyone, I'm new here, I own a Mi Drone 4K for almost a year now, it flown very well and I'm having very much fun with it, but recently I get the message "System preheating, please wait" and unable to take off, can anyone help me with a solution ?
Do you always have to point it North like I do, or are you one of the lucky ones?
Sep 06, 2019, 08:00 PM
Thank you for the info, but the warning lasted for more than 10 mins before I gave up the flight session. I'll have another try later today.

Thank you Wolfen11
Sep 06, 2019, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptor
Do you always have to point it North like I do, or are you one of the lucky ones?
No, I don't have to point to any particular direction to take off, it was such a great drone before, until the message appear.
Sep 07, 2019, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Thank you for the info, but the warning lasted for more than 10 mins before I gave up the flight session. I'll have another try later today.

Thank you Wolfen11
i forgot to tell you . Dont know where you does lives , but when it is very cold ( * ) battery have to be full charged before every flight . If you try to begin a flight with less than 80 % or 75 % ( dont remember ) systeme will not be able preheating .

(*) at this moment it is winter in southern hemisphere
Sep 07, 2019, 03:19 AM
Manual gimbal calibration (1 min 32 sec)
Sep 07, 2019, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen11
i forgot to tell you . Dont know where you does lives , but when it is very cold ( * ) battery have to be full charged before every flight . If you try to begin a flight with less than 80 % or 75 % ( dont remember ) systeme will not be able preheating .

(*) at this moment it is winter in southern hemisphere
Asia is where I live, hot & humid outside, I took your advise and give it more patient, after around 20 mins it shown "System initializing", and after a couple of mins I was able to switch it to ATTI mode and it shown "Could take off" , so I pull the joysticks down and towards center to unlock motors, but nothing happened, the motors just won't start...….!
So, under such circumstance, I immediately ……… Place order for 2 more batteries for my Fimi X8 !

Thanks again Wolfen11

p.s. To be Honest, I like the Mi drone 4K better than the Fimi X8.
Sep 08, 2019, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Asia is where I live, hot & humid outside, I took your advise and give it more patient, after around 20 mins it shown "System initializing", and after a couple of mins I was able to switch it to ATTI mode and it shown "Could take off" , so I pull the joysticks down and towards center to unlock motors, but nothing happened, the motors just won't start...….!
So, under such circumstance, I immediately ……… Place order for 2 more batteries for my Fimi X8 !

Thanks again Wolfen11

p.s. To be Honest, I like the Mi drone 4K better than the Fimi X8.
i understand you . I ve just lost my third battery . stay 2 battery , the first red (coming with the 1080 ) and the last . But honestly , like you say , i m loosing trust in those batteries . the third battery fail suddenly in flight , 44% to 0 % instantly . fortunately the drone wasn't far from me and not above water so my drone just land and i was able to recover it . I Dont use any more the first red , only for some test near ground , and behaviour of the last battery is strange . with time temperature become hotter ! now i ve reached 59 C in low flight instead of max 50 C when battery was young .

EDit : perhaps it is because i ve used " update capacity procedure " ? during this procedure voltage drop very down and this have started to damage battery . perhaps it is better to never us this " update capacity procedure " and land between 40 % and 50 % .?
Last edited by wolfen11; Sep 08, 2019 at 05:57 AM.
Sep 09, 2019, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBacks
I can do that and get back to you. Thanks again for the effort.

K
I see in the video the drone is hovering surrounded by trees. Could be a bad GPS signal or the ultrasonic is giving a bad signal to the drone.

Remove the ultrasonic unit and reattached it, sometimes the contacts is not making good contact.

Test fly it afterward.
Sep 10, 2019, 06:13 PM

Mi drone 4k power in 5150-5350MHz range

Hi folks, recently my country began dropping certification of Mi drone 4k due to regulation from Anatel (Brazilian telecommunications regulatory agency) regarding this frequency band. The agency says it can't fly here because it emits more than 200mW E.I.R.P. (Effective Isotropic Radiated Power). The FCC documentations state 280mW in this frequency range. This 280mW is E.I.R.P. or it's the power for the radio alone (and not the isotropic radiated power)? Is there some way to prove this drone doesn't emit above 200mW e.i.r.p. in this frequency range?

Quick Reply