Jun 09, 2019, 09:44 PM
Hello to all!

Just a general query to all FIMI X8 SE users. I got my X8 a few days ago and so excited to fly it . My maiden flight went wrong and landed on an uneven surface (no one to blame except me) that force one of the motors to stop. Can somebody give their opinion on what could be the extent of damage it cost the aircraft? Thanks for your reply!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 10, 2019, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget0bsess3d
Hello to all!

Just a general query to all FIMI X8 SE users. I got my X8 a few days ago and so excited to fly it . My maiden flight went wrong and landed on an uneven surface (no one to blame except me) that force one of the motors to stop. Can somebody give their opinion on what could be the extent of damage it cost the aircraft? Thanks for your reply!
This is the Xiaomi Mi thread; you would be better off asking your Fimi X8 SE questions in its specific thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...hread%2A%2A%2A

But generally speaking (regarding GPS quads), you're probably okay; have you already tried to power on again? It'll probably work just fine. Also better after a mishap like this to re-calibrate the gyros and maybe the compass just to be on the safe side. And after take-off, let the quadcopter hang there for a short while without any input from you to see if it is stable in the air or not. If it starts circling on its own: land rightaway and do a compass calibration. Warning: take it slow and easy at first; get to know the quad before pushing it (and yourself) to the limits. Be safe
Last edited by Pixelpeter; Jun 10, 2019 at 07:24 AM.
Jun 13, 2019, 10:53 AM

Can't download Mi 4K app

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFC Media
It's no longer on Play Store but in Fimi.com site now... Use the barcode scan on your manual, it will take you directly to fimi site for downloads.
It doesn't work for me. Just sends me round in circles.
Jun 13, 2019, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorsetFlyer
It doesn't work for me. Just sends me round in circles.
https://www.fimi.com/media/Productat...3.11.20601.apk
Jun 16, 2019, 07:03 PM

What Yall think?Better than Phantom 4 quality,Mi 4K

Xiaomi Mi 4K,Awesome Footage and H.D.Clarity (3 min 3 sec)
Jun 20, 2019, 11:27 AM
Hello.
I have a Mi drone that not start the motors. Everything is ok, display show "can take off", but when i put gimbal stick down and toward the motors dont spin. Auto take off dont work either.
I see someone with same problem on youtube
Xiaomi Mi Drone 4K not starts engines - non arma i motori (4 min 18 sec)

I have emailed support fimi but they dont respond with any help.
In video it show how fimi downgrade firmware and then upgrade. Then motors spinn. Is there a way to do this without fimi? Like putting firmware on microSD?
Jun 20, 2019, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knutek
Hello.
I have a Mi drone that not start the motors. Everything is ok, display show "can take off", but when i put gimbal stick down and toward the motors dont spin. Auto take off dont work either.
I see someone with same problem on youtube https://youtu.be/4dzCA5cPz0s
I have emailed support fimi but they dont respond with any help.
In video it show how fimi downgrade firmware and then upgrade. Then motors spinn. Is there a way to do this without fimi? Like putting firmware on microSD?
Remove the Mi app from your phone and download the apk app posted by Hackra, 2 posts above yours.

Try it, and see if that solves the problem.

Good Luck.
Jun 21, 2019, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garysnr
Remove the Mi app from your phone and download the apk app posted by Hackra, 2 posts above yours.

Try it, and see if that solves the problem.

Good Luck.
Done that. Not working
Jun 22, 2019, 06:13 AM
Fimi will not let me try another firmware.
They writes: "
Cecilia
Cecilia
2019-06-21 15:58
Dear Customer,

Please make sure you have updated to the FC 1075, if you don't update FC, the drone will unable to fly. I check our system, we already assign the FC 1075 to your account. Please review.

If your FC firmware version is FC 1075, but the drone still unable to fly, please contact the seller for after-sale service."

I have contacted Gearbest. Let see if i get responce.
Jun 24, 2019, 10:52 AM

WTB: Upper Body

Hi all, I'm looking for an upper body/shell. I had an active backorder on Banggood since November, but this was refunded when the item was discontinued in April.

FWIW, I scratched my upper chronically, not by crashing the drone, but from storing the controller tightly against the body and the thumbsticks digging in.
Jun 25, 2019, 03:46 PM

Battery problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0cKPitVuE 777
Will a battery update fix my under voltage battery.None of the cells are below 3.75 volts.
Hi i am from RSA, my name is Jean-Louis, i have already 2 batteries dead, i have tried many tests from youtube, even today i have taken out one cell and replace the cell by a new one.
It seems that the controller of the battery still keep in memory that the battery is damaged. I have downloaded a software called smartbattery from Sino Wealth but how to connect it to the battery , it need a special bus with usb , not clear for me.

I am now waiting for 2 new batteries but they are blocked by customs somewhere. it is really bad.

I have also receive from fimi a new firmware but does not want to work...

Anybody with ideas how to reset those batteries using a software to reset the memory is welcome

Jean-Louis Haye
RSA
Just joined the grup
[email protected]
Jun 26, 2019, 02:48 AM
Not crashing = Not flying!
< this is a non helpful reply >
I guess I'm the crazy guy who thinks fishing around inside these smart batteries is a bad idea.
Jun 27, 2019, 01:43 PM
there is indeed a bad isuue with these SMART batteries. happens that one single element in the battery can go wrong but software will mark this battery as UNDERVOLTAGE 1-2 TIMES and this will not allow you to use it anymore. Internal EEPROM must be flashed to reanalise the battery. I have 3 BAD batteries which I checked and changed bad elements and now I have 2 batteries with perfect elements inside. Unfortunately we have no possibility to reset that memory and use again that battery! FIMI should provide reset software for these batteries with let;s say 5 m MAXIMUM ALTITUDE and 5 meters RADIUS till they are checked by software. If check of new configured batteries comes to be OK then it should let you fly normally!
Jun 30, 2019, 08:00 AM
Hi, i found interesting discussions in a Russian groups, please see below:
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=906553&st=660
Jul 01, 2019, 07:13 AM

Thinking of buying a Mi 4K

Does the Mi 4K have a follow mode?

Also, do I HAVE to use a phone/smart phone to fly? Just wondering in case my phone was unavailable /broken /stolen /flat

I do have an old Nexus 7 tablet (non cellular, but wifi and has an OTG port) Would that work?

Quick Reply