May 30, 2016, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyer2015
Interesting that there is no video of this event ????
I saw the video.
to remove ads between posts
May 30, 2016, 01:22 PM
Where is the flight controller in this quad? Where are the GPS and compass mounted? The main body looks barely large enough to hold the battery.
May 30, 2016, 01:35 PM
Where should be in a well designed system, surely not on a mushroom mast.
May 30, 2016, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syotr
Where is the flight controller in this quad? Where are the GPS and compass mounted? The main body looks barely large enough to hold the battery.
Starting at about 2:29 in this video you can get a look in the end of the battery compartment.
Tutorial: Unboxing and Hands on Xiaomi MI Drone Part 1 VS Phantom3 #SamiLuo (14 min 3 sec)

I guess the FC and GPS have to be beyond the end of that space.
May 30, 2016, 10:15 PM
Always Excel >>>
Quote:
Starting at about 2:29 in this video you can get a look in the end of the battery compartment.
This thing has a nice design. I'll buy one for sure. I hope the FC is good and doesn't fly away like Phantom did.
May 31, 2016, 06:48 AM
Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T44ao_fDzJg
Looks very nice; great to be able to click the landinggear flat for transportation (big plus imo); cannot wait to see how it really performs and what the camera is like.
May 31, 2016, 08:53 AM
I agree on the design. That will make for a nice, slim package when packed down for transportation, unlike the P3 which requires you to carry a massive square box around. I'm really liking this so far. Let's see how it flies, how the video link is and how reliable it is.
May 31, 2016, 08:59 AM
It would be great if the landing gear could be raised in flight. Might be possible if you remove the latches and add a servo. It would need an extra channel on the transmitter and receiver, or could be made automatic with a sonar module.
May 31, 2016, 06:01 PM
DesertEagle
Thread OP
Well the proof will be when they fly it and show some video.

Makes me wonder how cheap can they make these

Chinese labor needs a raise!
May 31, 2016, 06:14 PM
interesting product, LOL
May 31, 2016, 07:11 PM
If nothing else, hopefully this will force DJI's hand in adding a retract and perhaps even a 360 degree camera to the next Phantom iteration. They're got to know the current package is at the end of it's life in terms of ergonomics.
May 31, 2016, 07:19 PM
Always Excel >>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRS Varmint
If nothing else, hopefully this will force DJI's hand in adding a retract and perhaps even a 360 degree camera to the next Phantom iteration. They're got to know the current package is at the end of it's life in terms of ergonomics.
That's what Yuneec has already done with H. All the things that Phantom misses.
May 31, 2016, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHayat
In your opinion. I prefer DJI's lightbridge and always will over wifi, which makes the current H a non-starter for me. Obstacle avoidance is also far less attractive in the current YTH. I'll take another look when realsense is out.
May 31, 2016, 08:51 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHayat
The Yuneec H will probably force dji into coming out with a Phantom 5 a lot sooner than expected!
May 31, 2016, 09:23 PM
Always Excel >>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyer2015
The Yuneec H will probably force dji into coming out with a Phantom 5 a lot sooner than expected!
They need to move to Hexa and longer arms to avoid prop wash against the body.

Quick Reply