Thread Tools
Jun 01, 2017, 09:44 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mart66
No 4k propellers on Banggood. Found some on FastTech:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...cw-propeller-2
Just bought from them spare prop.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 01, 2017, 09:15 PM
Registered User

DJI/Mavic


Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
And your not even in similar aircraft a P3P will blow away the Video and Pics of a Mavic, then you have P4 and P4P...I'm sure that "Mi" will figure out something, but how long you wait is up to them. They have a update coming per this thread, so what that includes is what you get I guess.
I've had a P3P, currently have a Mavic and an Xiaomi 4K, yes the video and options are better than the Xiaomi, BUT the cost is 50% of the Mavic and 25% less than the P3P. Let's not forget this is a new drone and I'm sure there will be upgrades. I've been with DJI for 4 years and I can tell you they have definetly been in worse spots then the Mi currently is.
JUST MY OPION FROM HAVING AND FLYING BOTH COMPANIES.

Anyone seriously looking for a Mavic with no time and lots of accessories for the price of the base, hit me up.
Jun 02, 2017, 03:47 AM
Registered User
Also found this forum for all Xiaomi products. A few posts on Mi Drone 4K

http://en.miui.com/thread-519350-1-1.html
Jun 02, 2017, 04:27 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC427
I've had a P3P, currently have a Mavic and an Xiaomi 4K, yes the video and options are better than the Xiaomi, BUT the cost is 50% of the Mavic and 25% less than the P3P. Let's not forget this is a new drone and I'm sure there will be upgrades. I've been with DJI for 4 years and I can tell you they have definetly been in worse spots then the Mi currently is.
JUST MY OPION FROM HAVING AND FLYING BOTH COMPANIES.

Anyone seriously looking for a Mavic with no time and lots of accessories for the price of the base, hit me up.
Agree, there are a lot of problems too with DJI. Differences are: costumer support and drone replacement

Now DJI is most annoying than ever: you cannot edit/share directly your original video from your phone without uploading to DJI's first. You can only share your chached video from your phone.

Later from DJI: limited features for non registered user...
Jun 02, 2017, 06:09 AM
Registered User
I am not DJI fan I saw many guys
comparing Mavic to Mi 4K I checket it my self.
In terms of pure video quality 4K has many issue comparig to Mavic or P3A mainly
focus and sharpnes mi video is more soft.
Its remind YI camera...
Jun 02, 2017, 06:32 AM
FPV-Racer & Hobby filmmaker
exeswiss's Avatar
So I find the MiDrone has a very good picture quality and the picture is very sharp.
Maybe not all lenses are equally well built?
The vibrations are also better reflected than with the dji Mavic.
Jun 02, 2017, 06:53 AM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Repaid1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayuatma
Agree, there are a lot of problems too with DJI. Differences are: costumer support and drone replacement

Now DJI is most annoying than ever: you cannot edit/share directly your original video from your phone without uploading to DJI's first. You can only share your chached video from your phone.
This is a complete falsehood, the Cameras video is stored on a SDCard just like every other Camera, you can either Pull the SD and put it in your phone or use a USB Cable to the Drone and directly Sync it to your phone to do whatever you want with it. I have NEVER Uploaded any video to DJI Servers
Later from DJI: limited features for non registered user...
Again another leading falsehood, When You buy a DJI Drone you have to have a logon and user name. You do this when you first activate it. They are changing some stuff around on their systems and they ask you to do it again if you update to this new firmware to update their systems. So You either update (You DO NOT have to) and just log back in once or don't, there are no changes or restrictions. If you update and don't log in to your account then and only then are you restricted. Pretty plain and simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbiton
I am not DJI fan I saw many guys
comparing Mavic to Mi 4K I checket it my self.
In terms of pure video quality 4K has many issue comparig to Mavic or P3A mainly
focus and sharpnes mi video is more soft.
Its remind YI camera...
Just for the sake of argument, The P3A doesn't have 4K. I haven't analyzed the Mi video for focus and if it is out then that's another issue. If the contrast and sharpness are off, then that can be fixed with a firmware update, or giving you guys control of those settings, best of luck, and Happy Landings.
Jun 02, 2017, 08:00 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parso_Rex
Initially I had some issue with mine then I picked it up and did the calibration holding about a metre of the ground, first horizontal then sort of vertical and it worked, then after that I have only ever had the occasional fake compass issue when flying - like everyone else.
I did try your suggestion but the result was the same. I think you might be right about getting it calibrated the first time and from then on it will work. I have gotten hold of FIMI in the meantime and they are helping me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Maybe you're trying to launch from concrete? There's a lot of iron in concrete that can cause compass problems. Same goes for cars etc, stay well away from them when performing a compass calibration. This is not just the Mi, but goes for every GPS/Compass quad.
This can be true. The only way to find out is to go out of the city. Gonna see if I can find a spot to get it to calibrate successfully. Drones and their compasses....

Thanks for the reply guys!
Last edited by ThomasJamesy; Jun 02, 2017 at 08:10 AM.
Jun 02, 2017, 09:14 AM
Registered User
Anyone else still experiencing default tilted horizon? I thought it was supposed to get solved with the last update.
Jun 02, 2017, 09:26 AM
Registered User
Pixelpeter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJamesy
This can be true. The only way to find out is to go out of the city. Gonna see if I can find a spot to get it to calibrate successfully. Drones and their compasses....

Thanks for the reply guys!
You don't have to go out of the city, but you do need to stay away from anything metal or with metal in it when you're doing your compass calibration. Go to a park or a big (sports) lawn and you should be just fine for your first trials
Jun 02, 2017, 09:58 AM
Registered User
Wapous's Avatar
A few months ago I bought a cell phone at half price compared to the big brands and I am very satisfied. But as perfection is not of this world, there have been some problems that the manufacturer has solved.
The MI 4k drone is of remarkable construction quality. Some users discover problems and emphasize these problems. Sometimes these problems can be on a few drones only and due to a lack of quality control. I think we have to trust the manufacturer and wait patiently for the solutions. We must not kill this very rare technical relationship these days.
Many are comparing with DJI, but if I remember the reputation of this company for its service was deplorable.
When I bought this MI drone it was not for professional use. I use this drone in a recreational way. But for the price, I really feel like I'm getting my money's worth.
I hope that Xiaomi and Fimi will continue this good relationship with their customers.
Jun 02, 2017, 11:51 AM
Registered User
In the video below, how come the mi drone didn't automatically land on 15%? I thought it cannot be changed.
ALMOST LOST THE DRONE (WINDY DAY) - XIAOMI MI DRONE 4K RANGE TEST (17 min 39 sec)
Jun 02, 2017, 12:20 PM
quadcopters & FPV padavan
Rurek's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferez21
In the video below, how come the mi drone didn't automatically land on 15%? I thought it cannot be changed.
I wrote about this a few pages ago... if you play with sticks then autolanding (or RTH) stops until you move any stick https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1476
Also the RTH procedure is somehow superior to autolanding - you can see on miami's video - drone was executed RTH mission.
Last edited by Rurek; Jun 02, 2017 at 04:14 PM.
Jun 02, 2017, 06:58 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapous
A few months ago I bought a cell phone at half price compared to the big brands and I am very satisfied. But as perfection is not of this world, there have been some problems that the manufacturer has solved.
The MI 4k drone is of remarkable construction quality. Some users discover problems and emphasize these problems. Sometimes these problems can be on a few drones only and due to a lack of quality control. I think we have to trust the manufacturer and wait patiently for the solutions. We must not kill this very rare technical relationship these days.
Many are comparing with DJI, but if I remember the reputation of this company for its service was deplorable.
When I bought this MI drone it was not for professional use. I use this drone in a recreational way. But for the price, I really feel like I'm getting my money's worth.
I hope that Xiaomi and Fimi will continue this good relationship with their customers.
Having contacted Xiaomi/Fimi several times about various issues without getting ever anything else than a deflecting answer (or silence)I do not know what you mean with "good relationship with their customers". There is one company affiliated participant in this forum who casually engages - but cherry-picks what he/she chooses to sooth (not solve).
If other companies do the same it is terrible but not any reason to justify or even condone unethical practises by Xiaomi/Fimi..
I disagree that the Mi Drone is "cheap". At least not for me. I lost my first one due to an catastrophic technical failure (not operator) and had to pay half of the new price to get it replaced. I bought the 1080 version because the 4k was not available then.
Even though the 1080 is now around for quite a while it is still not at a stage where I feel it to be working as advertised.
I trusted the glossy advertising of Xiaomi and some glowing "reviews" when I selected the Mi Drone.
In no ad or review I have come across the real shortcomings which would have been deal breakers for me.
I wanted a flying camera so I can take footage in a way which is not accessible to me otherwise - in other words: a reliable workhorse.
After all upgrades and over 100 flights and more than 700 minutes I still treat every new flight as my potentially last one.
Some issues may never be resolved (like the asymmetrical geometrical distortion of the camera and colour fringing) and even though it appears that the 1080 version is already put on the backburner. Not happy - not happy at all.
Jun 02, 2017, 09:00 PM
Registered User
"This is a complete falsehood, the Cameras video is stored on a SDCard just like every other Camera, you can either Pull the SD and put it in your phone or use a USB Cable to the Drone and directly Sync it to your phone to do whatever you want with it. I have NEVER Uploaded any video to DJI Servers"

Oops, may fault, using Xiaomi make me think that you can sync easily with the WiFi.

When i download the original video via wireless I cannot get any access of the file outside DJI Go App. Which is very annoying.

Never thought to use a cable... Hehe...


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools