Oct 15, 2017, 06:28 PM
i just bought one of these things and intended to do a few testes with stock , then moving onto brush-less parts ( already ordered).

from there im going to make some 3D printed parts for it for water proofing and sealed battery compartments. i will make these available for others on line.

cant wait to surf this thing , i have been doing it with bigger boats ( self righting ) and that is super fun as well.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 21, 2017, 09:34 AM
Sorry, never did update this. It's been to the beach a couple of times successfully and unsuccessfully. First time i took it out, one of the cooling tubes managed to come off and cook the motor which then shorted the wiring. Replaced the ECU with a Traxxas XL5 ecu and Titan 21t motor and took it back out. This time it was going perfect (albeit in waves larger than I should have - 3-5ft- and it took a tumble at which point lost all steering but had throttle. Managed to modulate throttle just right to catch breaking waves and bring it back in to find the rudder completely snapped off.

This last trip to the beach went perfectly. This thing draws a crowd! EVERYONE wants to know where I got it and wants one (until I tell them how much it is lol)

No video as it's kinda hard to operate and record.

I do still have a brushless system to go in, but the 21t motor is almost perfect speed without being crazy
Aug 13, 2018, 12:38 PM
Been running it and it has actually been attacked by a shark now. Watched it get flipped out of the water out of nowhere.

Got teeth marks across the bottom and along the side (Smaller shark)
managed to both strip the stock orig. prop as well as break the rudder.

It's now been 2 weeks and NO ONE has had the rudder in stock.

https://imgur.com/th0Jjom
Aug 13, 2018, 12:43 PM
Picture of the shark attack carnage
Aug 13, 2018, 12:54 PM
Did I make the A Main?
I've got a spare rudder (new) I'll sell for $15 shipped, if interested send me your PayPal name for an invoice

Quick Reply