Jul 23, 2016, 06:27 PM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
Thanks, the native M2 .jpg is far superior. If you want a good photo you have to take it as a still photo.

Is it the video data compression that makes the frame grab lower quality or what?
Hmmm.... aside from the yellow hue of the WB and exposure differences, I see it the other way around. In the lower lit shade of the evergreen shrubs, especially on the left, there is blurred mush. Switching quickly to one of the frame grabs instantly reveals a lot of detail that is not visible in the regular still photo.

But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and why all the IQ controls will be added in the near future.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2016, 07:51 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
The guys who are developing these cameras are not necessarily RC modellers, so they can't do what you do. They are just trying to refine the camera. Now if I were a re-seller, I'd do what you suggest. I do like to fly my RC models, but I'm not in the business of selling the cameras. I'd fly more if I spent a LOT less time with these forums, that's for sure.
BUT aren't they're trying to sell an ACTION cam.???

strap it to a bike, a motorcycle, a dog, or a cat, shoot - toss it out a 5+ story window and let it swing from a piece of string... i dont care.

JUST SHOW SOME ACTUAL ACTION FOOTAGE IF YOU WANT TO SELL AN ACTION CAM!!!
Jul 23, 2016, 10:07 PM
Beating air into submission!
Strap the camera to a helmet and go for a bike ride
Jul 24, 2016, 01:27 AM
Quote:
The guys who are developing these cameras are not necessarily RC modellers, so they can't do what you do. They are just trying to refine the camera.
So that's why developer should have a group of volunteer beta-testers, who can test the camera in different activities.
Dev could easily find them here, on rcgroups.
Jul 24, 2016, 02:06 AM
I would be happy to strap to my quad and my fixed wing and fly some sorties with it. But I am not ordering a new one until I have seen some actual footage.
Jul 24, 2016, 03:48 AM
"long stretch of water..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird_PL
So that's why developer should have a group of volunteer beta-testers, who can test the camera in different activities.
Dev could easily find them here, on rcgroups.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamWilson
I would be happy to strap to my quad and my fixed wing and fly some sorties with it. But I am not ordering a new one until I have seen some actual footage.
Mine will be here soon and I'll upload videos from my hat and my Bix3 within a couple of hours of receiving the camera.
I'm confident that the developer has got the firmware right for the initial release and I'm sure there will be updates to follow soon. Just like the M1 😊

Bring it on... ✊

Pat in Oz
Jul 24, 2016, 07:24 AM
Just say "No, it's under 250g"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamWilson
Mine should be here soon too. I will also shoot some video and upload shortly after I get it.

I'm not sure how you can strap one to your quad and fly sorties though without ordering one. (I'm sure not gonna give you mine... )
Jul 24, 2016, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
BUT aren't they're trying to sell an ACTION cam.???

strap it to a bike, a motorcycle, a dog, or a cat, shoot - toss it out a 5+ story window and let it swing from a piece of string... i dont care.
Don't have and of these, but I do have a couple kids, a dozen gliders, a quad or two, and multiple dashboards. Ordered mine first hour of first day, and will affix to several of the above, and post real life footage and stills here, shortly after it arrives.

Kelly
Jul 24, 2016, 09:09 PM
Thanks Guys looking forward to seeing the images and video. Plus reviews.
Jul 25, 2016, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Hi Thomas.,

What FW is in yours?

I've shot clips with the release FW v1.36, but it needs more reduction in sharpening for best results. Sharpening was even higher and WB less stable in FW prior. I'm holding off posting more samples again until an updated FW with less sharpening is available as a minimum.

The release FW is in it's infancy, and needed improvements and new functions are being incorporated as fast as practical. I expect to see FW updates released in the coming weeks/months.

FWIW, the clip linked above is AVC encoded and native from the camera (not re-encoded) and shot with the Standard default bit rate (32.5 MB/s), with 3 other rates higher and lower than that available. The sound is also at the Standard default setting, with one level higher and lower available. The many Image Quality user options found in the M1 are not yet implemented, but are planned along with some new ones.
I have the latest one and I agree in sharpness reduction. I will wait for next FW.
Jul 25, 2016, 12:24 AM
New version of Android application support Mobius 2 camera!
Jul 25, 2016, 02:58 AM
None of the listed sellers ships to me

Banggood just listed the Mobius 2, Yey
http://www.banggood.com/Mobius-2-ActionCam-1080P-130-Degree-Wide-Angle-Mini-Sports-Camera-FPV-DashCam-H_265-HEVC-H_264-AVC-p-1070626.html
Jul 25, 2016, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke
So who's gonna post the first sample videos ?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ed...fternoon_2.zip

just a small grab, (files are huge) some others still uploading

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vr...fternoon_1.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2s...fternoon_3.zip
Last edited by jokiin; Jul 25, 2016 at 08:15 AM.
Jul 25, 2016, 06:47 AM
thanks guys for putting up vid & picture-samples..(highly appreciated)

looking forward to see how it compares with the other RC-actioncam around same formfactor that are hitting the market these weeks "Legend2", at least in a beta version.. the Legend 2 is promoted under1080p/96fps, ewen thow the Beta version seems at release limited to 60fps, but should be only FW-limited according to Foxeer so a chance that an sooner FW that will carry the 96fps option when the retail version gets release..

Took the plunge on the Legend2 a few days ago where an betaprice of 59.99US shipped where quite attractive.(according to Foxeer it should be shipped out today25 ewen thow an limited beta-sale and out-of-stock atm)
Maybe mobius should have gone the same way, with an thought on its an work in progress, and lowered the price for the early birds..

will be interesting to see how these two-compares when reaching the market around the same time.. judging from videos.. - the in and out of dark-areas and handling the skybalance ' seems decent..
Test video of the Foxeer LEGEND 2 20160718 (4 min 7 sec)
Last edited by DaneLaw; Jul 25, 2016 at 07:11 AM.
Jul 25, 2016, 08:30 AM
Crash me if you can
Quote:
The guys who are developing these cameras are not necessarily RC modellers, so they can't do what you do. They are just trying to refine the camera. Now if I were a re-seller, I'd do what you suggest. I do like to fly my RC models, but I'm not in the business of selling the cameras. I'd fly more if I spent a LOT less time with these forums, that's for sure.
But Mobius dev guys should realize that a non-negligible part of their sales is from the RC market and then should act accordingly to address this market.
I was also waiting impatiently for M2 to be released but was also following the Legend 2 development.
Finally, I've choosen the later.

Quick Reply