The Mobius 2 ActionCam Support Thread (Key Info in Posts 1-7)! - Page 97 - RC Groups
May 07, 2018, 01:08 PM
"long stretch of water..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmp
Hi everyone.
Do you know any sellers that have stock of mobius 2 battery and can currently ship to europe?
I bought two recently from Banggood and they shipped to Australia. I can't see why they would not ship to Europe. They arrived by air mail in two weeks.

Pat
to remove ads between posts
May 07, 2018, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Hi everyone.
Do you know any sellers that have stock of mobius 2 battery and can currently ship to europe?
Here's a link for the battery...

Pat

Mobius 2 Camera 3.7V 820mAh 1S LiPo Battery
https://banggood.app.link/y8Tr5wAoJM
May 08, 2018, 12:19 AM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Hi everyone.
Did you read InfoPost #2 (of the 7 posts at the front of this thread)? It lists 6 vendors IN EUROPE and one can probably ship to you quicker if they have the battery in stock.
May 13, 2018, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
Did you read InfoPost #2 (of the 7 posts at the front of this thread)? It lists 6 vendors IN EUROPE and one can probably ship to you quicker if they have the battery in stock.
And not a single vendor has the battery in stock. A UK vendor only ships within the UK. And to be exact there are only 2 -shops in France and in the Netherlands where my Mobius2 came from.
May 13, 2018, 12:13 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schugy
And not a single vendor has the battery in stock. A UK vendor only ships within the UK. And to be exact there are only 2 -shops in France and in the Netherlands where my Mobius2 came from.
If you confirmed no batteries in stock by contacting them (rather than just viewing their web pages), then your best option is to contact the developer's direct seller, eletoponline365 linked in the Verified vendor list I mentioned, and get the battery from them. They are in China, but all the re-sellers get their stock from them, and they should be able to help.
May 13, 2018, 03:04 PM
Quote:
If you confirmed no batteries in stock by contacting them (rather than just viewing their web pages), then your best option is to contact the developer's direct seller, eletoponline365 linked in the Verified vendor list I mentioned, and get the battery from them. They are in China, but all the re-sellers get their stock from them, and they should be able to help.
According to Banggood they have them available.

Pat
May 15, 2018, 12:25 PM
Dragging the Tail

Mobius 2 Subtle Audio vs Video Sync Problem

I have been having an issue with sound sync on my Mobius 2 camera that I recently purchased. The problem shows up as a gradually increasing time delay between the audio and video during a clip, with the video ahead of the audio. And even more unusual, the delay appears to reset at the beginning of each new clip when a longer continuous recording is being made. With a 10 minute clip I see a difference in audio vs video clip length of 0.490 seconds (usually) when I look at the clip information after it is loaded into Avidemux V2.7. Some other details are:

1) I am using the latest camera firmware version 2.14
2) I always copy the video files from the card in the camera to my computer before viewing or analyzing them.
3) This issue seems to be consistent with different encoding bit rates, with CBR vs VBR, and between the H.264 and H.265 recording formats.
4) All my recordings are at 1080p and 60fps.
5) The problem also appears to be consistent with different cards, whether formatted in the camera or not, and with tested card speeds of UHS class 1 and UHS class 3.
6) I see the problem with any of the playback software I have used, which includes WMP, MPC-HC, VLC Media Player, Avidemux, and VirtualDub.

This issue becomes significant when I record people talking after the end of a flight and their voice and lip movements don't coincide.

When analyzing a variety of video clips I have made with cameras over the years, the audio and video track lengths almost never appear to be exactly the same, but in general the difference is less than 0.10 seconds, which is getting below the threshold of being an issue. As a partial work-around, this can be somewhat mitigated in the Mobius 2 by using clip lengths of 3 minutes, but that leads to a lot of unnecessary clip merging. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem.
May 15, 2018, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACER56
I have been having an issue with sound sync on my Mobius 2 camera that I recently purchased. The problem shows up as a gradually increasing time delay between the audio and video during a clip, with the video ahead of the audio. And even more unusual, the delay appears to reset at the beginning of each new clip when a longer continuous recording is being made. With a 10 minute clip I see a difference in audio vs video clip length of 0.490 seconds (usually) when I look at the clip information after it is loaded into Avidemux V2.7. Some other details are:

2) I always copy the video files from the card in the camera to my computer before viewing or analyzing them.
3) This issue seems to be consistent with different encoding bit rates, with CBR vs VBR, and between the H.264 and H.265 recording formats.
5) The problem also appears to be consistent with different cards, whether formatted in the camera or not, and with tested card speeds of UHS class 1 and UHS class 3.
6) I see the problem with any of the playback software I have used, which includes WMP, MPC-HC, VLC Media Player, Avidemux, and VirtualDub.

This issue becomes significant when I record people talking after the end of a flight and their voice and lip movements don't coincide.

When analyzing a variety of video clips I have made with cameras over the years, the audio and video track lengths almost never appear to be exactly the same, but in general the difference is less than 0.10 seconds, which is getting below the threshold of being an issue. As a partial work-around, this can be somewhat mitigated in the Mobius 2 by using clip lengths of 3 minutes, but that leads to a lot of unnecessary clip merging. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem.
This 'looks and sounds' like the problem I reported earlier (posting #1349). After doing some timed recordings (I used 30fps), I concluded the issue arose from a mismatch between the framerate actually being used to record the video (29.97fps) and that set/reported elsewhere by the Mobius in the resultant video file (30fps) such that a 10-min recording is actually 0.53s longer, though on playback the video (but not the audio) is played over 10min. This leads to the video getting ahead of the audio.

I did find a workaround for the problem (posting #1354) by using MKVToolNix to join the individual 10-min segments (I typically record for up to 50 min, so some form of joining is needed; previously I used ffmpeg). The first file is added to the multiplexer, and the 'default duration' on the right of the GUI set to 30000/1001 (this 'fixes' the sync problem). Further 10-min files are then added in 'append' mode to the multiplexer, and they inherit this setting. Subsequent multiplexing is *very* fast (when using an SSD) and the files play flawlessly in terms of video/audio sync (I use VLC or MPC).

I understand the issue has been passed on to the developers, so hopefully this bug will be fixed in the next FW release. This problem, BTW, does not exist in FW 2.08, so you could 'downgrade' to that version.

As an aside, I would love to record at 60fps, but whenever I do so my Mobius 2 cuts out after about 30 mins. It works again a few mins later, and given the heat being radiated from the device I can only assume it's thermal stress causing it to shutdown! I've even cut some of the side of the case away and put an aluminium fin/heatsink directly on the DSP chip, but it still gets red hot and stops after 30 mins or so. Has anyone else found long 60fps recordings difficult?
May 15, 2018, 02:37 PM
animator in Helsinki, Finland
That sound sync problems looks pretty close to the difference between the NTSC frame rate of 29.97 vs. exactly 30 fps.
I don't have a M2 so I can't test it, but does your viewing or editing software have an adjustable setting for either frame rate?

<EDIT> Looks like I was a couple of minutes too late with my answer, see the above...
May 15, 2018, 03:49 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:

<EDIT> Well I'm even later! I started a reply earlier then got distracted with another issue, and just finished the post without checking for other posts, only to find most of mine is redundant. But the AviDemux tip for linking clips is still worth noting. </EDIT>

You've done some good sleuthing to try to find the root cause. Yes, I have seen this in the FW, including the latest release version. I mentioned this this to the developer during prior beta testing, but so far I've not seen any fix.

Are you seeing the sound slowly getting behind the video as I did? One thought was that the video stream might be recording at slightly slower speed (like NTSC rates) rather than at the set frame rate, with the sound recording at the set frame rate speed. Eg., video recording at NTSC frame rate(59.94fps) with sound captured at 60fps, which when muxed together and played back at 60 fps, makes the video progress very slightly faster than the audio.

Whatever it is, I agree it's not only annoying but can make a longer video unusable in some cases. Your workaround is one way to minimize this, and merging many video clips together can be most easily done by "group selecting" all the clips with the mouse, and drag/drop them into an open session of AviDemux editor. The program should have the clips arranged in sorted order via the time stamp (but check to be sure). Then just do a "Direct copy" save back out, with no re-encoding of the audio or video, and it then will be just one long video. It goes very fast!

Alternatively, if you are doing any video editing, you can also change the frame rate of the video stream to match the audio stream with some of the more capable editors (I use Magix Video Pro X), so they play back in sync. But I agree, there should be no need to jump through these hoops if the original recording were in sync in the native clip.
Last edited by Tom Frank; May 15, 2018 at 03:56 PM.
May 16, 2018, 12:13 AM
Dragging the Tail
Quote:
<EDIT> Well I'm even later! I started a reply earlier then got distracted with another issue, and just finished the post without checking for other posts, only to find most of mine is redundant. But the AviDemux tip for linking clips is still worth noting. </EDIT>

You've done some good sleuthing to try to find the root cause. Yes, I have seen this in the FW, including the latest release version. I mentioned this this to the developer during prior beta testing, but so far I've not seen any fix.

Are you seeing the sound slowly getting behind the video as I did? One thought was that the video stream might be recording at slightly slower speed (like NTSC rates) rather than at the set frame rate, with the sound recording at the set frame rate speed. Eg., video recording at NTSC frame rate(59.94fps) with sound captured at 60fps, which when muxed together and played back at 60 fps, makes the video progress very slightly faster than the audio.

Whatever it is, I agree it's not only annoying but can make a longer video unusable in some cases. Your workaround is one way to minimize this, and merging many video clips together can be most easily done by "group selecting" all the clips with the mouse, and drag/drop them into an open session of AviDemux editor. The program should have the clips arranged in sorted order via the time stamp (but check to be sure). Then just do a "Direct copy" save back out, with no re-encoding of the audio or video, and it then will be just one long video. It goes very fast!

Alternatively, if you are doing any video editing, you can also change the frame rate of the video stream to match the audio stream with some of the more capable editors (I use Magix Video Pro X), so they play back in sync. But I agree, there should be no need to jump through these hoops if the original recording were in sync in the native clip.
Thanks for all the replies, it helps to know that this wasn't just my imagination. To answer Tom's question, yes I do believe that the sound is slowly lagging more and more behind the video, but I have not exactly quantified it yet. I'll need to make myself a clapperboard in order to do a more detailed analysis. Avidemux does seem to work well as an easy solution for joining the smaller clips for a temporary partial solution.

As an added note, using Avidemux I extracted the audio from a 10-minute clip and loaded it into Audacity to see if I could use that program to analyze the audio (as Avidemux doesn't appear to have a good facility for doing that). It showed the following:
(file type was AAC)
- 48000 Hz sampling rate
- Mono
- 32-bit float
- 10:00:021 in length
which, on its face at least, looks pretty nominal.
May 16, 2018, 01:43 AM
Fidler & twidler
Quote:

Would you believe I met this exact problem in 1985 when exporting a PAL based product to NSTC land - quite an ooooerrr-nasty,...
(couldn't resist it - sorry) Mike
May 16, 2018, 03:45 AM
I noticed the video lag during testing the latest firmware, when comparing the M2 to an M1 in a video composition. I set both video streams to start at the same frame, but by the end of a 3min clip the M2 was always ahead of the M1.
May 16, 2018, 05:34 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM1
I noticed the video lag during testing the latest firmware, when comparing the M2 to an M1 in a video composition. I set both video streams to start at the same frame, but by the end of a 3min clip the M2 was always ahead of the M1.
It's a known problem that I passed on to the developer last year, but I think new projects are occupying most of his time at this point.
May 16, 2018, 05:43 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
...As an added note, using Avidemux I extracted the audio from a 10-minute clip and loaded it into Audacity to see if I could use that program to analyze the audio (as Avidemux doesn't appear to have a good facility for doing that). It showed the following:
(file type was AAC)
- 48000 Hz sampling rate
- Mono
- 32-bit float
- 10:00:021 in length
which, on its face at least, looks pretty nominal.
AviDemux shows pretty much the same info by clicking on the "File/Information" menu item, but if you want a lot more info, use MediaInfo.exe with the "View/Tree" menu item selected.

Quick Reply