The Mobius 2 ActionCam Support Thread (Key Info in Posts 1-7)! - Page 3 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jul 22, 2016, 10:14 PM
Registered User
DaneLaw's Avatar
No sample clips at all..have schimmed the first posts but didnt took notice of any, or on yt..


*an picture (from the otherwise respectable Ebay seller) that more looks like photoshopped image' ref blurriness around the hub, - that doesnt inspire confidence on a 90US purchase..
sure the videosamples will come when people starting to get there hands on one, but I guess its more me' that havent foud any clips yet, any familiar with some,?-and a indication of the result it performs.

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/kdataonl...s_Plus-015.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152173086360?rmvSB=true
Last edited by DaneLaw; Jul 22, 2016 at 10:28 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2016, 11:28 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbren
how hard did you look?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/152173086360
(from one of the vendors listed in post #2 of this thread)
Does not ship to my country


To all M2 owners: The only thing that I hate in my Mobius is the exposure calculation and it feels that Mobius development was stopped after M2 was released. Can anyone try M2 with a "lamp test" that I've made with Mobius here to see how M2 calculates exposure. Just record a lamp against some poorly lit background in different places of the frame (sides, 1/3, the center) and see what will remain visible: the lamp or the background. Please use default settings (no manual exposure compensation!).
Jul 23, 2016, 02:26 AM
Registered User
Firebird_PL's Avatar
What should convince me to buy a Mobius 2?
Only one poor comparative photo-edited picture, which is not a raw file?
There are no sample clips. Was the camera even be beta-tested by trusted testers?
Jul 23, 2016, 02:55 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by acritum
To all M2 owners: The only thing that I hate in my Mobius is the exposure calculation and it feels that Mobius development was stopped after M2 was released. Can anyone try M2 with a "lamp test" that I've made with Mobius here to see how M2 calculates exposure. Just record a lamp against some poorly lit background in different places of the frame (sides, 1/3, the center) and see what will remain visible: the lamp or the background. Please use default settings (no manual exposure compensation!).
Back when you posted that, I tested the 0.57 version versus the latest 2.41 on a Mobius with a standard A lens, and I found that the 2.41 version gives better low-light results. If the change that was made between 0.57 and 0.59 affected how the camera behaves with no IR filter but improved how it behaves with an IR filter, I don't think most Mobius users would call that a "bug."
Jul 23, 2016, 04:09 AM
Just say "No, it's under 250g"
scottyo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird_PL
What should convince me to buy a Mobius 2?
Only one poor comparative photo-edited picture, which is not a raw file?
There are no sample clips. Was the camera even be beta-tested by trusted testers?
There are some sample raw clips at this pre-release feedback thread (now closed): https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2670643 (see posts 146 and 279) Note: These clips were shot with different versions of firmware prior to release.

Someone posted the unboxing clip (shot with an M2) to youtube:
Mobius V2 Unboxing (9 min 28 sec)


The camera was only released on Tuesday. Many of us are waiting for shipments to arrive. I am sure there will be more video (and reviews) once people start receiving their cams. This thread is actually a support thread and it's purpose is not to convince you to buy one (although you may be convinced to at some point). Hang on.
Last edited by scottyo; Jul 23, 2016 at 04:26 AM.
Jul 23, 2016, 11:35 AM
Registered User
I have Mobius 2 couple of months, maybe I can upload some short clips
Jul 23, 2016, 01:16 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDH
Back when you posted that, I tested the 0.57 version versus the latest 2.41 on a Mobius with a standard A lens, and I found that the 2.41 version gives better low-light results. If the change that was made between 0.57 and 0.59 affected how the camera behaves with no IR filter but improved how it behaves with an IR filter, I don't think most Mobius users would call that a "bug."
I've recorded a lot with an IR filter and without it using 2.41 and I don't like it. The problem is not in low-light conditions which may be recorded pretty fine, but in the light that may appear there even in small amounts and darken the whole image to complete black. If you can repeat my lamp test (in public or PM) with any lens that you like using 2.41 and it will give acceptable results (not worse than 0.57 firmware), well, maybe I'm a stupid idiot who missed something. But now I use older firmware. Maybe it blinks sometimes but at least it doesn't darken the picture when I record windows or other light sources. Anyway, this is for another Mobius1 thread where people were also tired of this exposure discussion so maybe PM is better
Jul 23, 2016, 01:20 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas.
I have Mobius 2 couple of months, maybe I can upload some short clips
Hi Thomas.,

What FW is in yours?

I've shot clips with the release FW v1.36, but it needs more reduction in sharpening for best results. Sharpening was even higher and WB less stable in FW prior. I'm holding off posting more samples again until an updated FW with less sharpening is available as a minimum.

The release FW is in it's infancy, and needed improvements and new functions are being incorporated as fast as practical. I expect to see FW updates released in the coming weeks/months.

FWIW, the clip linked above is AVC encoded and native from the camera (not re-encoded) and shot with the Standard default bit rate (32.5 MB/s), with 3 other rates higher and lower than that available. The sound is also at the Standard default setting, with one level higher and lower available. The many Image Quality user options found in the M1 are not yet implemented, but are planned along with some new ones.
Jul 23, 2016, 02:12 PM
A man with too many toys
Tom, do you have any still photos you can upload?

.
Jul 23, 2016, 04:20 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO.
xanuser's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneLaw
No sample clips at all..have schimmed the first posts but didnt took notice of any, or on yt..


*an picture (from the otherwise respectable Ebay seller) that more looks like photoshopped image' ref blurriness around the hub, - that doesnt inspire confidence on a 90US purchase..
sure the videosamples will come when people starting to get there hands on one, but I guess its more me' that havent foud any clips yet, any familiar with some,?-and a indication of the result it performs.
yeah. it seems odd that all these new cams never want to post videos of actual action footage. all we get for about 3-4+ weeks is the odd streetscape shot. if these guys wanted to really sell these things, all they'd need to do is strap it to a plane or quad, put it though its paces , and post some vids.... i know the first thing i do once i had one in my hands, is burn some packs thrashing the thing around and upload the video of it!
Jul 23, 2016, 04:25 PM
Beating air into submission!
GrahamWilson's Avatar
RCG really needs a like button.
Jul 23, 2016, 04:30 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
Tom, do you have any still photos you can upload?

.
The attached zipped folder has in it:
1. a "one frame video" .mp4 file from the M2 - this shows a single HEVC encoded frame from the M2 save as an .mp4 "video"

2. A .jpg frame grab from the same clip via Avidemux

3. A .jpg frame grab from the same clip via MAGIX Movie Edit Pro X editor

4. A native .jpg photo from the M2

The one frame movie shows what the native video colors look like. The two frame grabs show that these two editors, one free and one quite $$, can't render a frame with .jpg compression and keep the same color fidelity as the native video. And finally, the native photo from the M2 shows that photos have not been given a lot of priority yet when it comes to matching the color WB, exposure, contrast, etc. of the video... still a work in progress for photos. I expect that will be corrected in due time, but this is, after all, meant to be an action camera for video. Since the CMOS is 1920 x1080 in size, it may be better to just shoot video and pic the frame(s) that looks best to you? It depends on how you use the camera and what you are trying to capture, I guess.
Jul 23, 2016, 04:42 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
yeah. it seems odd that all these new cams never want to post videos of actual action footage. all we get for about 3-4+ weeks is the odd streetscape shot. if these guys wanted to really sell these things, all they'd need to do is strap it to a plane or quad, put it though its paces , and post some vids.... i know the first thing i do once i had one in my hands, is burn some packs thrashing the thing around and upload the video of it!
The guys who are developing these cameras are not necessarily RC modellers, so they can't do what you do. They are just trying to refine the camera. Now if I were a re-seller, I'd do what you suggest. I do like to fly my RC models, but I'm not in the business of selling the cameras. I'd fly more if I spent a LOT less time with these forums, that's for sure.
Jul 23, 2016, 05:26 PM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
The attached zipped folder has in it:
1. a "one frame video" .mp4 file from the M2 - this shows a single HEVC encoded frame from the M2 save as an .mp4 "video"

2. A .jpg frame grab from the same clip via Avidemux

3. A .jpg frame grab from the same clip via MAGIX Movie Edit Pro X editor

4. A native .jpg photo from the M2

The one frame movie shows what the native video colors look like. The two frame grabs show that these two editors, one free and one quite $$, can't render a frame with .jpg compression and keep the same color fidelity as the native video. And finally, the native photo from the M2 shows that photos have not been given a lot of priority yet when it comes to matching the color WB, exposure, contrast, etc. of the video... still a work in progress for photos. I expect that will be corrected in due time, but this is, after all, meant to be an action camera for video. Since the CMOS is 1920 x1080 in size, it may be better to just shoot video and pic the frame(s) that looks best to you? It depends on how you use the camera and what you are trying to capture, I guess.


Thanks, the native M2 .jpg is far superior. If you want a good photo you have to take it as a still photo.

Is it the video data compression that makes the frame grab lower quality or what?


.
Jul 23, 2016, 05:41 PM
Registered User
wkf94025's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
if these guys wanted to really sell these things, all they'd need to do is strap it to a plane or quad, put it though its paces , and post some vids....
+1!


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools