The Mobius 2 ActionCam Support Thread (Key Info in Posts 1-7)! - Page 2 - RC Groups
Jul 22, 2016, 05:13 AM
Thanks Tom. USB pinouts (when known) would be very useful.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2016, 06:05 AM
"long stretch of water..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo
Very glad to see 90 degree rotation in firmware!!
It's always been available in the Mobius.

Pat
Jul 22, 2016, 06:17 AM
Multirotors are models too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coongoola

Pat
I think 180 was available. Didn't see 90

Rusty
Jul 22, 2016, 08:28 AM
There is firmware, a manual and a setup utility and even a list of trusted sellers but there is no camera for sale! Is it a joke or what? Maybe the producers found serious bugs and stopped selling it until all required improvements are made?
Jul 22, 2016, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acritum
There is firmware, a manual and a setup utility and even a list of trusted sellers but there is no camera for sale! Is it a joke or what? Maybe the producers found serious bugs and stopped selling it until all required improvements are made?
how hard did you look?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/152173086360
(from one of the vendors listed in post #2 of this thread)
Jul 22, 2016, 10:07 AM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by coongoola
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty105
Rusty
Pat
The original Mobius could do 90 deg. rotation, but required a special version of the CMOS module which has the CMOS rotated 90 deg., so it could only do 90 deg. rotations. The M2 can rotate the video in the camera with a FW setting, so it's not necessary to buy a special 90 deg. CMOS module.
Jul 22, 2016, 10:11 AM
Quote:

Rusty
there is an M1 CAMERA with the lens rotated 90, not by software...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mobius-Actio...0AAOSwEeFVUcwu

"The lens is 90 degree rotated, and you can mount the camera sideway. This package is using Lens A, standard lens with minimum fisheye distortion."

EDIT: Tom already answered...but hey, if is it rotated 90, which resolution is supported?
Jul 22, 2016, 10:14 AM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
Anyone seen it in US stores?
There are two US re-sellers listed in the up front list of verified vendors. I update the first 5 InfoPosts with any important new information, which is why going there first is recommended.
Jul 22, 2016, 10:25 AM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_V939
there is an M1 CAMERA with the lens rotated 90, not by software...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mobius-Actio...0AAOSwEeFVUcwu

"The lens is 90 degree rotated, and you can mount the camera sideway. This package is using Lens A, standard lens with minimum fisheye distortion."

EDIT: Tom already answered...but hey, if is it rotated 90, which resolution is supported?
All resolutions are supported! But what you get is a tall, narrow "portrait" version, e.g. 9:16 aspect ratio instead of a "landscape 16:9 image. Note that most monitors (e.g. 1080p resolution) will not have enough vertical pixel count to display the full sized height of a 90 deg. rotated 1080p video (1920 pixels) or even a 720p video (1280 pixels), so the video will either play in a down-scaled size to fully fit the monitor display, or be cropped or scrollable in a window to view the entire height, depending on what software is being used to display the video. WMP and VLC default to a down-scaled image that fits the monitor height on my system, but MPC-HC defaults to a cropped image (appears to be from the middle of the full height frame) and is not scrollable, but the frame size can be set in the software user settings to display like the other two.
Last edited by Tom Frank; Jul 22, 2016 at 10:42 AM. Reason: add more info on players
Jul 22, 2016, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
All resolutions are supported! But what you get is a tall, narrow "portrait" version, e.g. 9:16 aspect ratio instead of a "landscape 16:9 image. Note that most monitors (e.g. 1080p resolution) will not have enough vertical pixel count to display the full sized height of a 90 deg. rotated 1080p video (1920 pixels) or even a 720p video (1280 pixels), so the video will either play in a down-scaled size to fully fit the monitor display, or be in a scrollable window to view the entire height, depending on what software is being used to display the video.
Gotcha, like those cellphone video....which then IMHO is rather useless (could do that in post, the only difference would be to have the time&date in the right orientation...)
Jul 22, 2016, 02:28 PM
"long stretch of water..."
Quote:

Rusty
Oops. My mistake, I thought it was referring to 180

Pat
Jul 22, 2016, 07:40 PM
Beating air into submission!
Is this on sale now?
Jul 22, 2016, 07:48 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamWilson
Is this on sale now?
Yes, read the first several info-posts, please.
Jul 22, 2016, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
All resolutions are supported! But what you get is a tall, narrow "portrait" version, e.g. 9:16 aspect ratio instead of a "landscape 16:9 image. Note that most monitors (e.g. 1080p resolution) will not have enough vertical pixel count to display the full sized height of a 90 deg. rotated 1080p video (1920 pixels) or even a 720p video (1280 pixels), so the video will either play in a down-scaled size to fully fit the monitor display, or be cropped or scrollable in a window to view the entire height, depending on what software is being used to display the video. WMP and VLC default to a down-scaled image that fits the monitor height on my system, but MPC-HC defaults to a cropped image (appears to be from the middle of the full height frame) and is not scrollable, but the frame size can be set in the software user settings to display like the other two.
The advantage is that this function gives the option of having a landscape video while allowing the camera to be mounted portrait if I have understood correctly.
Jul 22, 2016, 09:50 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbtsomp
The advantage is that this function gives the option of having a landscape video while allowing the camera to be mounted portrait if I have understood correctly.
No, that is not correct. With the M1 camera that had the special 90 deg. module with the CMOS rotated 90 deg., what you described is what you will get. You get a normal 16:9 "landscape" image with the long dimension still horizontal with the camera rotated 90 deg. because the CMOS is still oriented with it's wide dimension horizontal.

But that is not possible when the rotation is done in FW with the CMOS imager rotated 90 deg. such as is the case when the M2 is rotated 90 deg. When rotating with FW in the camera, what you get is an upright image, but it is tall and skinny because the CMOS imager is in a "portrait" orientation. The normal wide dimension is now vertical rather than horizontal, but the image will appear upright, not sideways.

Quick Reply