May 14, 2020, 09:42 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55
I picked one of those up at the sales area of OSE a few years back, never ran it though.. LOL
bought a 360 size 6s heli motor for it to run 6s..
Nice! Is it RTR? I could ask you for some dimensions if it is...

Length of strut not including drive dog or prop. Distance from right side of transom to edge of rudder mount and the distance between the trim tabs measured right against the transom.

Pretty please!!

I run it on 4S 4500Mah or so with a Leo 2860- 2550kv motor and 35mm prop.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 17, 2020, 11:09 AM
Miss g 36/tfl ariane
Got my tfl Pursuit out for a second run finally. She's a little squirrely they got to fine-tune the setup so there was some crashing involved all good though it's carbon fiber. Is the video if you want to watch it
Tfl Pursuit crash City (9 min 42 sec)
Last edited by Craycraybigdad; Jun 17, 2020 at 11:26 AM.
Dec 02, 2020, 11:47 AM
Aviation Enthusiast
After having this boat sitting around for almost two years I'm getting it setup and taking a short break from building my Miss Severn mahogany speed boat. It looks like I have the strut model and worked on getting the flex shaft aligned last night, mounting the rudder servo and still need to set up the turn fins at a higher angle as you can see they are to low right now, but getting closer to a maiden voyage. I plan on keeping it stock and running on 4s for now.
Dec 04, 2020, 06:41 PM
Aviation Enthusiast

Maiden ready

All right, all ready and set up to go, just need to lube the prop flex shaft (going to try some Tri-Flow grease), tie up a few more wires tonight then off to the lake tomorrow with a float plane and the Pursuit for some fun. as were having a stretch of nice weather and hope it holds out for tomorrow... I'm using the stock 120amp esc, stock motor, stock prop, 4s, 5200, 50c battery and balanced around the 31% mark. I'm just hoping for a solid running boat for zipping around a small lake at 30-35mph but if it's faster that's ok too...
Last edited by nhk750; Dec 04, 2020 at 07:04 PM.
Dec 04, 2020, 07:26 PM
Fast electric boats maybe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhk750
All right, all ready and set up to go, just need to lube the prop flex shaft (going to try some Tri-Flow grease), tie up a few more wires tonight then off to the lake tomorrow with a float plane and the Pursuit for some fun. as were having a stretch of nice weather and hope it holds out for tomorrow... I'm using the stock 120amp esc, stock motor, stock prop, 4s, 5200, 50c battery and balanced around the 31% mark. I'm just hoping for a solid running boat for zipping around a small lake at 30-35mph but if it's faster that's ok too...
The last pic shown is the stuffing tube and liner ,what type of liner is that it looks like vinyl tubing ,the reason I'm asking is it may get hot from the friction of the flex and melt it destroying the stuffing tube and flex , teflon is normally used because it can handle extreme heat and friction without distorting.
Dec 05, 2020, 11:16 AM
Aviation Enthusiast
Im not sure as its all stock, so I’m assuming it’s teflon as I haven't read anywhere in any posts that they installed incorrect liner material, but we will see I guess...I was just messing around with a macro lens and showing how well it’s aligned.
Dec 05, 2020, 01:02 PM
Fast electric boats maybe
Quote:
Im not sure as its all stock, so I’m assuming it’s teflon as I haven't read anywhere in any posts that they installed incorrect liner material, but we will see I guess...I was just messing around with a macro lens and showing how well it’s aligned.
I'm just trying to save you some grief if it's not teflon I'll send you a peice I just need to know the size flex ,its probably. 150 with a 3/16" stub shaft.
Dec 05, 2020, 01:57 PM
Aviation Enthusiast
Yup, it’s teflon, I pulled it out before I packed with Tri-Flow teflon grease and it is a very hard teflon material. Thanks for the advice, always good to check these things before disaster. Just finishing charging up my only battery for it then off to the lake. I have a temp gun and will check it all out after running, I curious how the Tri-Flow grease will hold up, but I do have Lucas oil marine grease too if it’s not the best.
Dec 05, 2020, 02:22 PM
RELAX. You'll live longer
If you've got any other props to try, take them.
The narrow prop that comes with the boat is for a 6s setup on that motor. It might be a little disappointing on 4s for speed.
Dec 06, 2020, 12:07 AM
Aviation Enthusiast
We had an unexpected 60 deg f. sunny day in December today, but with some gusty wind so mild choppy conditions at the lake. The Pursuit ran perfectly with no issues and I estimate the top speed around 40 mph or so. I only had one issue at the start with no water coming out of the discharge port, but after blowing into the port and forcing whatever was blocking out, it worked perfectly.

The boat got up on plane quickly and ran very well through the chop with no bouncing and cornered excellently. I was very surprised how well it ran and balanced it was. When I checked temps with a temp gun at the end of 8 minutes of solid running, using full throttle on straights and mixed in the corners, all temps were below 80 deg f. (Motor, ESC, stuffing box, strut, and battery) which tells me that I have a good setup. I could change the prop and mess around with faster speeds as I have some tempurature to spare, but for now I like the way it runs and will go with it. Also, not a drop of water inside and the expected amount of grease out the stuffing box.

I could throw a 6s in there but others have advised not to do that as the stock componants and hull will be stressed to the max, so this boat will be a 4s runner until I possibly perform heavy mods on it someday.
Dec 06, 2020, 01:03 PM
RELAX. You'll live longer
A good day all round then. Excellent.
Dec 06, 2020, 02:19 PM
Resistance is futile
I found with one of my Pursuits that I run with the stock motor that a balanced and sharpened Octura M445 proved to be the best combo for overall speed and handling on 4s. As 785 boats indicated the stock prop is really designed for 6s but there is really no need for that if you're running 4s with the right prop.
Dec 06, 2020, 10:49 PM
Aviation Enthusiast
Hmm, I may have to try the Octura prop, thanks.
Dec 07, 2020, 03:05 PM
Aviation Enthusiast
I ordered up an Octura M445 balanced and sharpened prop from Offshore electrics, as I had a few extra bucks lying around, to try it out. A little extra speed and efficiency is always a good thing. I figure since my temps are so low that the prop may be spinning/slipping a little to much since it's for a 6s setup.
Dec 08, 2020, 02:15 PM
Miss g 36/tfl ariane
Quote:
I ordered up an Octura M445 balanced and sharpened prop from Offshore electrics, as I had a few extra bucks lying around, to try it out. A little extra speed and efficiency is always a good thing. I figure since my temps are so low that the prop may be spinning/slipping a little to much since it's for a 6s setup.
I have got a couple of props from ose they're pretty decent but they're not a dasboata quality.hes world class it don't get no better than Chris Hoffman!he has the hookup on the best prop set up by far!

Quick Reply