This thread is privately moderated by sia100, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 22, 2016, 07:11 PM
Trader Rating: 7
Thread OP
$175.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
Sold

Tricopter: Flite Test Bat Bone Mega Bundle for sale!!

I've had plenty of fun flying with this Flite Test Bat Bone tricopter, but it hasn't seen any flying time recently, so it's time to free some space up in the man cave. This is from the Flite Test "Rotor Bone" line. Everything here cost me over $400, and many of the components are still available and selling at the same prices. So I'd say this is a pretty nice package for someone to take advantage of!

This BB tricopter is sporting DT-750 motors, HK 20 Amp ESCs flashed with SimonK, KK 2.0 controller, a massive Turnigy 380 Max tail servo with metal gears, and the servo/tilt mechanism is absolutely slop-free. Currently fitted with 11X4.7 props. Includes a spare, brand new Flite Test motor mount/landing gear set (2-pack), and another spare landing gear from an opened pack. Also includes David Windestal's vibration-damping underslung GoPro/Lipo cage and handsome walnut-stained booms. This Tri will run on either 3S or 4S and has only seen one rough landing that put a mark on the bell of one motor. The GoPro, Lipo and Receiver are not included in the sale.

Comes with a matching spare HK ESC (also flashed with SimonK), a spare KK 2.0 controller, an older KK controller and a ton of extra props. I was going to replace the DT-750s with DT-700s, so 6 brand new DT-700s are also included (one has bullet connectors already soldered on, two aren't even out of the original HK shipping bubble-wrap), and a spare DT-750.

I'm also including a Turnigy TGY 830 servo (great for a tail servo), an older KK board, and three Turnigy Plush 25 Amp ESCs. You could practically build two more tricopters :-). In fact, I'm including an assembled RCExplorer Tricopter frame and booms to get you the rest of the way there. These custom G10 plates I had cut are indestructable.

There are 16 GWS 10 X 4.7 props, 7 Turnigy 11 X 4.7 props. and 3 APC composite 11 X 4.7 props.

I just charged up a lipo and took it out for a quick flight to make sure it is flight-worthy. I had no problems getting it up and away (and it was pretty windy today).

I'd like to keep everything together if possible, but depending on the level of interest, I may agree to part the bundle out.

Thanks for looking! Now give this Tri a good home. :-)

-Sia

Update…here is a list-view of the items and current replacement costs:
  • 10 x DT motors: $150
  • 3 plush 25 amp ESC: $40
  • 4 HK 20 Amp ESC, SimonK flashed: $40
  • 380 Max servo: $16
  • TGY-830 servo: $10
  • 2 x KK2: $30
  • GWS props: $25
  • Turnigy props: $10
  • APC props: $15
  • Bat bone kit: $79
  • Camera tray: $20
Total: $435

Video recorded May 22, 2016...

Bat Bone Tri (0 min 51 sec)
Last edited by sia100; May 24, 2016 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Sold!
to remove ads between posts
May 24, 2016, 06:23 PM
Trader Rating: 7
Thread OP
All boxed up and ready to ship!
May 24, 2016, 08:11 PM
Trader Rating: 15
Foamy and Glider fanatic
Payment sent!!

Quick Reply