This thread is privately moderated by FWAL, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 22, 2016, 02:44 PM
Flying without a licence
Thread OP
Discussion

Cigar Box Guitar

OK this aint RC but between sloping and sailing this weekend I managed to build my first Cigar Box Guitar from scratch using scrap.
Cost 9 for the pickup, cost to families health
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2016, 06:28 PM
Now that is just cool! As a guitar player I've heard about cigar box guitars but have never actually seen one. Any chance you could post a video so we can hear this instrument? I'd drop on by but 3601 miles is a long hop across the pond.

Soft landings,

Joe
May 23, 2016, 04:36 PM
Flying without a licence
Thread OP
Hi Joe
Thanks for the interest. I can assure you that my playing of my CBG doesn't do the instrument any justice. However, I can say that it sounds really good and what's great is that the first rule of building a CBG is that there are no rules!
I've never been very good at playing the guitar but after watching this clip on face book I just thought what the hell. Three strings, cheap and a great raw, gritty, blues sound it just had to be done. I'm now planning my next build with a carbon sound board, afromosia neck and better pick.

Cigar Box Guitar 'Breath' Pink Floyd live cover Christopher Ameruoso (5 min 53 sec)

Quick Reply