This thread is privately moderated by kenh3497, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 22, 2016, 08:41 AM
Play that funky music right
Thread OP
Discussion

A letter from my Senator.....

Take this for what it's worth.

Dear Mr. Hanawalt,
Thank you for taking the time to contact me about S.Amdt.3596, an amendment that was filed to H.R. 636, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Modernization and Reform Act on April 11, 2016. It is important for me to hear from folks in Iowa on policy matters such as this.
As you know, during consideration of H.R. 636, Senator James Inhofe (R-OK) filed S.Amdt.3596, an amendment to improve FAA reauthorization provisions applicable to model aircraft. If adopted, this amendment would have made several changes to the legislation with the intent of mitigating any potential negative impacts to the model aircraft community. For example, H.R. 636—as written—prohibits the FAA from applying any new model aircraft rule or regulation to an operator who has passed an aeronautical knowledge and safety test administered online by FAA. S.Amdt.3596, would have tasked the model aircraft community with developing and administering the test—not the FAA.
This amendment would also have excluded model aircraft—as defined by and operating under the “special rules for model aircraft”—from the airworthiness standards to be developed by FAA and the National Institute of Standards and Technology. As you may know, this amendment was not voted on during the Senate’s consideration of H.R. 636.
I understand that many Iowans who enjoy flying model aircraft are concerned that some provisions of H.R. 636 may place burdens on the model aircraft community. With this in mind, I will continue to monitor this issue in the event that it is considered by the Senate.
Please know that I will keep your views in mind as the Senate continues to work on this issue. Feel free to contact my office with any further information, as I always enjoy hearing from Iowans.

Sincerely,

Joni K. Ernst
United States Senator

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.7597 / Virus Database: 4568/12256 - Release Date: 05/18/16
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2016, 09:35 PM
Closed Account
I Got one from ONE of my Senators

It basically said , they knew and they voted for the Bill and never addressed anything else, especially any concerns about model aviation .
And ended with I will continue to do what is best for our State...yada yada

It was Useless.......
May 22, 2016, 09:49 PM
I got the same <insert name> form letter from Joni.
May 22, 2016, 10:34 PM
Permanently Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenh3497
Take this for what it's worth.

Dear Mr. Hanawalt,
Thank you for taking the time to contact me about S.Amdt.3596, an amendment that was filed to H.R. 636, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Modernization and Reform Act on April 11, 2016. It is important for me to hear from folks in Iowa on policy matters such as this.
As you know, during consideration of H.R. 636, Senator James Inhofe (R-OK) filed S.Amdt.3596, an amendment to improve FAA reauthorization provisions applicable to model aircraft. If adopted, this amendment would have made several changes to the legislation with the intent of mitigating any potential negative impacts to the model aircraft community. For example, H.R. 636—as written—prohibits the FAA from applying any new model aircraft rule or regulation to an operator who has passed an aeronautical knowledge and safety test administered online by FAA. S.Amdt.3596, would have tasked the model aircraft community with developing and administering the test—not the FAA.
This amendment would also have excluded model aircraft—as defined by and operating under the “special rules for model aircraft”—from the airworthiness standards to be developed by FAA and the National Institute of Standards and Technology. As you may know, this amendment was not voted on during the Senate’s consideration of H.R. 636.
I understand that many Iowans who enjoy flying model aircraft are concerned that some provisions of H.R. 636 may place burdens on the model aircraft community. With this in mind, I will continue to monitor this issue in the event that it is considered by the Senate.
Please know that I will keep your views in mind as the Senate continues to work on this issue. Feel free to contact my office with any further information, as I always enjoy hearing from Iowans.

Sincerely,

Joni K. Ernst
United States Senator

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.7597 / Virus Database: 4568/12256 - Release Date: 05/18/16
Hold on-they are going to certify my foamies?
May 22, 2016, 10:51 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac96
Hold on-they are going to certify my foamies?
That was one of the suggestions and amendments that was talked about in that bill...YES !!
Jun 11, 2016, 10:54 PM
Systems Test Engineer Amateur
This amendment would also have excluded model aircraft—as defined by and operating under the “special rules for model aircraft”—from the airworthiness standards to be developed by FAA and the National Institute of Standards and Technology.

Quick Reply