Jun 14, 2016, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nora
they already said NO DATES !
Well , here is some news to you - WE ALREADY KNOW !!!!
But ... showing interest is never wrong .....
to remove ads between posts
Jun 15, 2016, 06:35 PM
Will antenna tracking work with eagle eyes fpv station as itīs bigger brother?
Jun 16, 2016, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stisse
Will antenna tracking work with eagle eyes fpv station as itīs bigger brother?
Yep. The uV will work with the Eagle Eyes.

Regards, John
Jun 16, 2016, 03:57 PM
Hello E/T and John I need this now only yesterday her big brother "Vector" was asking when he would have a smaller brother to play with,hope his wait aint to long,Marty.

P/S Both psu sound very good for me the PDB one is my first choice to put in a 250ish racer.

Im arranging for a parifin delivery so you can burn the midnight oil,
Last edited by NEAGRON; Jun 16, 2016 at 04:05 PM.
Jun 18, 2016, 10:28 PM
Guess Who's Back? :D
Boop!
Jun 19, 2016, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintz2007
Boop!

Nice, looks real good. It looks like you got it mounted on a 36x36 mounting standoff? How is it flying on that racing quad? Ive been trying the same and for the life of me, I cant get the PIDS on yaw right. Yaw is too slow and unresponsive. Im on the latest beta FW 12.07. I m using the Vector but Im guessing the tuning would be the same with the same software as the miniVector? You mind sharing your pids on that? Thanks.
Jun 19, 2016, 12:42 PM
Really wanting one of these guys.. Following along!
Jun 19, 2016, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastjet
Really wanting one no 3 of these guys.. Following along!
fixed it for you. I see no reason to buy the bigger old vector now. this is smaller lighter and does all the same stuff for possibly less $ Now if I could only get my hands on a few.
Jun 20, 2016, 08:03 AM
Guess Who's Back? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool73
Nice, looks real good. It looks like you got it mounted on a 36x36 mounting standoff? How is it flying on that racing quad? Ive been trying the same and for the life of me, I cant get the PIDS on yaw right. Yaw is too slow and unresponsive. Im on the latest beta FW 12.07. I m using the Vector but Im guessing the tuning would be the same with the same software as the miniVector? You mind sharing your pids on that? Thanks.
I think they may have changed some of the math, the numbers I have on the uV are super low compared to the big one. I still need to fly more before I feel confident with my numbers. But I haven't built the big one in a mini before
Jun 20, 2016, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappomatt
fixed it for you. I see no reason to buy the bigger old vector now. this is smaller lighter and does all the same stuff for possibly less $ Now if I could only get my hands on a few.
My hope is that the micro inherits everything the current full size vector can do (appears this is almost the case minus a few small features) and a new version of the full size vector comes out with even better features.

There are a lot of really good ideas people have suggested in the vector feature thread. You can see what people are wanting and kinda see what direction the tech should head.
Jun 20, 2016, 11:58 AM
This looks amazing. I keep coming back the the Vector/Guardian in my search for a FCB/OSD. Your product just seems so awesome...

On the hardware side of things, what kind of processor and storage are we looking at? I've been reading people extolling the values of the STM32 F3/F4 generation chips and how much more powerful they are compared to the STM32 F1 generation chips commonly used currently.

Is this on a F3/F4 chip, or something of equivalent capability?

And on the software side, I'd love to see the Vector Configuration program allow the user more control and customization. For instance, I'd love to be able to use my own Artificial Horizon and other graphical elements by importing them. What say you guys, possible?

Furthermore, have your team looked at supporting FlySky telemetry output and FlySky I.BUS? That would be incredible as that means that I could have battery and other telemetry data both on the OSD/video feed, as well as direct to my Tx as well.

Thanks!
Last edited by Saijin_Naib; Jun 20, 2016 at 01:12 PM.
Jun 23, 2016, 08:48 AM
Have been using ET stuff successfully for several years in Quads, Hexacopters, Planes even my EDF jet! Just assembled a mini quad and am anxiously awaiting the release of this new mini vector! Way to go ET!!
Last edited by tkosier; Jun 27, 2016 at 09:18 PM.
Jun 27, 2016, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib

On the hardware side of things, what kind of processor and storage are we looking at? I've been reading people extolling the values of the STM32 F3/F4 generation chips and how much more powerful they are compared to the STM32 F1 generation chips commonly used currently.

Is this on a F3/F4 chip, or something of equivalent capability?

Thanks!
This is speculation, but I'm guessing this is going to use some flavor of a PIC microcontroller. The original Vector is PIC based, and I'm assuming Eagle Tree will want to stay in the same processor family to keep software development simpler across their product line.
Jun 27, 2016, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFPV
This is speculation, but I'm guessing this is going to use some flavor of a PIC microcontroller. The original Vector is PIC based, and I'm assuming Eagle Tree will want to stay in the same processor family to keep software development simpler across their product line.
Texas, that's great information. I assume the PIC family is just as capable as equivalent generation STM stuff.

From your experience with the Vector, do you feel that it was "slow" or unable to keep up with your flying? I've heard some people complain about using it in multirotors which has me a bit concerned as ideally, I'd use it across my multirotors and my fixed-wing craft.
Jul 06, 2016, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib
Texas, that's great information. I assume the PIC family is just as capable as equivalent generation STM stuff.

From your experience with the Vector, do you feel that it was "slow" or unable to keep up with your flying? I've heard some people complain about using it in multirotors which has me a bit concerned as ideally, I'd use it across my multirotors and my fixed-wing craft.
I haven't noticed that it was slow, though to be fair the Vector is the only flight controller I have significant experience with, and I haven't been using it on a racing drone. It's been working out well for me on a 450 size frame.

Quick Reply