May 21, 2016, 05:47 AM
Thread OP
Help!

First build first post and first call for help!!

Just building my first tri copter or any multi rotor for that matter .. wooden frame , kk2.15 running Stevies latest , 20 A fvt little bees, Towerpro MG90S , 3s batt, Fs-ia6b rx, Fs-i6 tx

The rx is powered by a BEC which powers the FC . Connection is CPPM .Everything works..except the throttle moves the servo instead of the yaw!! M7 is the motor layout, servo is connected in the right place and like I said all motors spin but the tail motor and servo seem to work with the throttle. Yaw does absolutely nothing. Have configured motor layout/ ACC calib/Reciever test .

Cant find anything on the interweb

Can anyone shed some light on this issue, Have tried M4, have tried standard connection instead of CPPM , have tried a difft servo..
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2016, 06:08 AM
Thread OP
Maybe a stupid Noob question . Its just my first build like I said. Well we all have to start somewhere so if you help a brother out it would be most appreciated
May 21, 2016, 06:54 AM
ego quos amo ut volant
What transmitter/receiver are you using ?
May 21, 2016, 06:56 AM
Thread OP
Fs-ia6b reciever
Fs-i6 transmitter

Reciever test is fine on kk2
May 21, 2016, 09:56 AM
Sounds like m3 and m4 are reversed. You also need power to either m2 or 3. To power the servo. The tri needs to be armed with throttle to move servo with yaw.
May 21, 2016, 07:29 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for your replay Wolfgang. This is a m7 layout so there is no m4. m7 is the servo and that is correctly connected. m1/2/3 and servo all are being powered by the FC which is powered by the Rx. Since everything is powering up , I dont think its a power issue. Is that right or am I missing something here ?

I am not sure what you mean by arm the tri with throttle . I thought kk2 arming is standard . Could you please elaborate a bit.
May 21, 2016, 08:30 PM
Foamy and Glider fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by shai
I am not sure what you mean by arm the tri with throttle . I thought kk2 arming is standard . Could you please elaborate a bit.
On my KK2.1.5 I need to hold the throttle down and to the left (Yaw Left) to arm. Most likely that's what he is talking about
May 21, 2016, 08:51 PM
Thread OP
Mate I think you mean throttle down rudder right to arm and throttle down rudder left to disarm while looking at the transmitter? I am in mode 2. My understanding is that is the only way to arm the board ?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2067758
May 21, 2016, 09:12 PM
Foamy and Glider fanatic
You are absolutely correct! Sorry about that. That's what I get for trying to provide input here and work on a tricopter at the same time.
May 21, 2016, 09:23 PM
Thread OP
:-) No worries mate .. I thought I had it wrong. Saw your build on the other thread...looks sweet. Good luck with that
May 22, 2016, 02:19 AM
Thread OP
All right after fiddling and farting about I realised I had one of the motors plugged into m7 and the servo in one of the motors . So that is now resolved !! Clever me :-) . Now I am seeing another weird issue but Ill raise that question in the kk2 forum. Thanks for your replies guys
May 22, 2016, 12:02 PM
Foamy and Glider fanatic

Not so fast there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shai
<snip> Now I am seeing another weird issue but Ill raise that question in the kk2 forum. Thanks for your replies guys
Now hold on there a second! That's a pretty relevent issues to those of us that are using a KK board.

I'm using a KK mini on my current tricopter build and I'm curious to hear about any issues (and fixes) you may come up with.

So we're all ears........
May 26, 2016, 08:06 PM
Well, the board will arm like blackie's boy mentioned but, your rudder is probally reversed. Not good for control.You would see this in the receiver test.

Quick Reply