Jun 22, 2016, 03:26 PM
Thread OP
Air-Jon
Thanks I really am having fun with this project. I love the challenge. I know what your saying about the gear. There nice to work with.
Thanks again
John
to remove ads between posts
Jun 22, 2016, 05:11 PM
Pro Hoarder
Nice work..the gear look great
Latest blog entry: In flight
Jun 22, 2016, 05:55 PM
Thread OP
Thanks, how's the Viggie ?
Jun 23, 2016, 10:57 AM
Pro Hoarder
Its baking in the garage...Last week temps were 111 out side and more in the garage....No fun. Not much will happen as I am going on vacation for 3 weeks...I will have my lap top so I can check in on your progress
Jun 23, 2016, 04:01 PM
Thread OP

Main gear progress

Have a good trip hope it's someplace a little cooler. Thanks for checking out my SU. It's fun to share. Are you doing foam core wings?
Jun 24, 2016, 08:34 AM
Thread OP

Main mount installed

Hopefully the gear still clears everything. Not a big deal I have to make a new set of doors for the first side anyway. Wing bulkhead and support is next. I'll post pictures of the SU on her feet tomorrow after every sets up nice.
Jun 24, 2016, 10:30 AM
Pro Hoarder
Super clean work..it looks great. The Viggy has built up wings. Should be very lite weight..I havent check to see how scale they are. I think Chris fudged the span a bit
Jun 24, 2016, 01:27 PM
Thread OP
Thanks, I try to keep things neat and clean. I already did built up Elevons and I know I'll do the verticals that way. I may try the wings as well although cutting cores would be good experience for me. Building in wood like your doing is therapeutic but I don't care much about planking.
Jun 24, 2016, 07:28 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Wow! Beautiful work and build.
I've been pretty busy and haven't had much time to surf the Groups. After you posted in the 66 thread, I noticed your thread too. Very nice work. Not a big EDF guy but I enjoy lurking around them.

J
Latest blog entry: A2D Skyshark at 1/8th scale
Jun 24, 2016, 08:33 PM
Thread OP
Thanks J.
Let me know if you need any chute tube stuff. It's not too bad on a Mig but I not sure about the 66.
John
Jun 24, 2016, 08:40 PM
Thread OP

SU on her feet + my son enlisted

This has been a long time in the making. I'm a happy camper for a couple of reasons. My son was sworn in today in the 110th Michigan Air National Guard. I think I need an A10 and my SU got here legs.
John
Jun 25, 2016, 04:44 PM
Thread OP

Progress

Mains are in and retract without hitting anything. Finished cutting and fitting new wing former. Assembled fans and start playing with mounts and nacelle layout
Jun 29, 2016, 04:39 AM
2019 EDF Jet Jam June 13-16
Great work! Love the Matrix gear.
Jun 29, 2016, 08:41 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Robert. The landing gear works great and fits perfect. Matrix does beautiful work for sure.
Jul 01, 2016, 04:45 PM
Thread OP

Center hatch progress

This is tricky to get everything aligned cinsider the fact that it took me a day to get the center hatch plug actually fit into the fuse plug. There are some scale issues with the nacelles. They are a 1/2 " wider than the should be. I suspect who ever designed the plane originally was trying to get enough air into a dynamax. The problem is this makes the inlet look almost square. Not sure if I'm going to fix this. If I can get a good fit on the center hatch I can figure out the nacelles . The hatch frame will keep the fiberglass skin aligned

Quick Reply