May 19, 2016, 08:51 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

2016 Beat the Heat: July 28-31, 2016

It is that time of year. Phoenix metro is consistently 30 degrees higher than here in Flagstaff!

Join the Flagstaff Flyers in the cool mountains and whispering pines of Northern Arizona as they host the 23rd Annual Beat The Heat Fun Fly.

This four day event will be held at the club's flying field located 15 miles northeast of the Flagstaff Mall.

AMA membership required.
$25 pilot registration fee for pilots, fee includes a pilot only raffle.

Camping & toilets at the field, but NO hookups or water available.

Absolutely NO fires of any kind allowed, including charcoal. Propane stoves are allowed.

Open raffle - 6 tickets for $5 or $1 each.

Contest Director: Tim Kelley
Contact Info: 928-699-0284
Email: [email protected]

IMPORTANT: Please keep informed as to conditions in forest and forest closures by going to http://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/coconino/alertsnotices
to remove ads between posts
May 20, 2016, 12:59 AM
Glitch Master
I'm looking forward to flying with you all again, can't wait!
Jun 01, 2016, 11:43 PM
Glitch Master
Tim, are we still good to arrive a day early as some of us have done in past years?
Nov 23, 2016, 04:41 PM

Pictures ffrom BTH

Did anyone happen to get pictures from Beat the Heat 2016 that they would be willing to share? Bob Little Vice President of Flagstaff Flyers.

Here is a picture from our annual Float Fly
Nov 24, 2016, 01:59 PM
Glitch Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjlittle53 View Post
Did anyone happen to get pictures from Beat the Heat 2016 that they would be willing to share? Bob Little Vice President of Flagstaff Flyers.

Here is a picture from our annual Float Fly
Hi Bob! I had to attend to a family member that became gravely ill, so I was unable to attend this year, and thus I have no pictures to offer you. I hope to be there this next summer if you all are kind enough to put on the show for yet another year, I always have a great time there.

-Jim
Nov 24, 2016, 02:55 PM
HI Bob.

Bill here (the responsible one) I do not have any pics from 2016 but have plenty from 2014, 2015.
Nov 28, 2016, 12:31 PM
Ill take what you have! My email address is [email protected]

Quick Reply