May 17, 2016, 10:09 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Share your first FPV platform and impressive stories to win the Drone and Goggles

Do you remenber the first time you saw your first FPV or used it?
What is the feeling?
Funny?Exciting?Or boring?
Ahh..Just share your first FPV platform and some impressive stories.

Banggood has been prepared an Eachine EV800 and an Eachine Blade 185 for the excellerent sharing.When it is up to #200,we wil randomly select 2 of the complaints who post her/his story here.

Come on.Just do it!

If you don't have a FPV multirotor and goggles,you can view on this page.
http://deals.banggood.com/deals/edm/topic/firstFPV160514.html

Coupon:MyFPV

The event is sponsored by Banggood.
Banggood reserves the right to explain the terms of the event.
Last edited by BGjim; May 19, 2016 at 02:01 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2016, 10:17 PM
Thread OP
I will share my first drone story though banggood stuff cann't win the prize.
Latest blog entry: Ways to contact me
May 17, 2016, 10:37 PM
drone contribute
Here is my first drone story.
This is a diary which was written two years ago.
Quote:
For my 20th birthday, my parents decided to tap into the joy of childhood by purchasing me something that has been nothing but pure fun: my first drone.

This Chinese quadcopter packs a ton of technology into an incredibly small package at an alarmingly reasonable price. This Hubsan x4 Quadcopter includes a 480p digital video camera, 6-axis control and enough battery power for approximately 7 minutes of flight on each charge. The included wireless controller offers a “Playstation-esque” feel but offers superb control of the aircraft.

It is absolutely amazing to me that this aircraft, which weighs 0.98 oz (28g), can pack a payload of 16GB of memory. The pace in which technology has improved in my short lifetime is unbelievable. When I was 10 years old, it would take a shoulder-mounted VHS camcorder and a stack of VHS tapes to record this much video.

Today, while my sister took our dog to the park, I decided to take to the skies for my first outdoor flight session. Living in Anmatjere,wind is always an issue, so today my focus was on controlling the aircraft under steady winds, and I must say that it takes an incredible amount of focus just to keep the drone aloft.

With about 45 minutes of flying time under some moderate wind conditions I’m definitely glad that I am starting with such a small and inexpensive aircraft. This drone has taken a beating. Falling from 100 ft in the sky to the ground with not even a bent prop, this drone is prefect for the curious or novice pilot (like me).

If you’re curious about the world of unmanned aircraft and want to try your hand at piloting a drone, definitely start small, but with a high quality aircraft. Get used to adjusting the trim, calibrating the gimbals and keeping the aircraft oriented with your controls. Try to practice “hovering” and keeping the aircraft as steady as possible before you learn to zip it across the sky.

As you learn, you will undoubtedly “over-control” as you panic when the aircraft does the opposite of what you intend. These over corrections will likely cause for an abrupt crash landing making you glad you decided to start the hobby with an inexpensive aircraft.

After a few more months of mastering this quadcopter, I think I might be interested in investing in a more sturdy aircraft that will be less affected by the wind with a sharper camera and more precise controls. Until then, I’m going to work on getting my unmanned wings and snagging some great grainy video in the process.

Next time you’re bored, go fly a kite drone. It’s great to feel like a kid again.
It‘s so funny to addict this area.
Last edited by YSeph; May 18, 2016 at 01:25 AM.
May 17, 2016, 11:43 PM
youtube.com searchfor danqfpv
FIRST FPV EXPERIENCE
My first FPV experience was of pure excitement. I actually learned about FPV racing from a YouTube video where these guys flew their little quads up and down a giant mountainside . The scenery was just breathtaking, it looked so fun, I knew at that moment, I was going to try it, and it was just a matter of time. Even though I was just watching a video, my hands started getting clammy and sweaty, as the pilot weaved in and out just narrowly missing objects that were sticking out of the mountainside. This feeling definitely surprised me, ever since then, there's never too much time that passes by without my thinking of FPV. It's seriously like a drug, I'm addicted to the FPV drug.

MEMORABL EXPERIENCE
A memorable FPV experience had to have been the time where my friend and I decided to hike about 30 minutes into a canyon to get some flying in. This area was perfect, mainly because there was no one around, and had just the perfect amount of trees. The weather was great, and there was no one around, it was just us, our quads, and some annoying bugs. It was probably 15 minutes in, I was feeling over confident and decided to try and fly in between some branches, I went full speed ahead, thinking to myself I’m going to make it, I’m going to make it. At the very last second I said to myself, I’m NOT going to make it, I fully pitch back in order to try and go over the tree, but luck, unfortunately was not on my side. Instead of flying over, I managed to fly directly into the tree, getting stuck in the process. The tree was too high to climb, and I was almost in tears. We knew getting it down was not going to be easy. We tried kicking the tree, one at a time, then both at once, then in succession: no luck. I was fortunate to have a great friend who stayed and helped me. It took us half an hour of throwing rocks, bottles, anything we could get our hands on to finally get my quad down. As soon as I got the quad down, I decided to try the gap one more time. I flew up, and said to myself, I know I can, I know I can, and… got stuck again. Just kidding, we went home after that lol
Last edited by Danq0; May 29, 2016 at 12:30 AM.
May 17, 2016, 11:53 PM
It was magical, as I stared at the lcd I felt like a real pilot, my dream. Of course that was a Hubsan X4 H107D, a racer would be completely different.
Last edited by DroneRequired; Jun 03, 2016 at 06:44 PM.
May 18, 2016, 01:34 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danq0
Are we supposed to write it here?

FIRST FPV EXPERIENCE
My first FPV experience was of pure excitement. I actually learned about FPV racing from a YouTube video where these guys flew their little quads up and down a giant mountainside . The scenery was just breathtaking, it looked so fun, I knew at that moment, I was going to try it, and it was just a matter of time. Even though I was just watching a video, my hands started getting clammy and sweaty, as the pilot weaved in and out just narrowly missing objects that were sticking out of the mountainside. This feeling definitely surprised me, ever since then, there's never too much time that passes by without my thinking of FPV. It's seriously like a drug, I'm addicted to the FPV drug.

MEMORABL EXPERIENCE
A memorable FPV experience had to have been the time where my friend and I decided to hike about 30 minutes into a canyon to get some flying in. This area was perfect, mainly because there was no one around, and had just the perfect amount of trees. The weather was great, and there was no one around, it was just us, our quads, and some annoying bugs. It was probably 15 minutes in, I was feeling over confident and decided to try and fly in between some branches, I went full speed ahead, thinking to myself I’m going to make it, I’m going to make it. At the very last second I said to myself, I’m NOT going to make it, I fully pitch back in order to try and go over the tree, but luck, unfortunately was not on my side. Instead of flying over, I managed to fly directly into the tree, getting stuck in the process. The tree was too high to climb, and I was almost in tears. We knew getting it down was not going to be easy. We tried kicking the tree, one at a time, then both at once, then in succession: no luck. I was fortunate to have a great friend who stayed and helped me. It took us half an hour of throwing rocks, bottles, anything we could get our hands on to finally get my quad down. As soon as I got the quad down, I decided to try the gap one more time. I flew up, and said to myself, I know I can, I know I can, and… got stuck again. Just kidding, we went home after that lol
I’m learning from you guys now and actually at the first time I got in touch in this area by Eachine Racer 250 which is also my promotion product. Gradually Eachine released more FPV platform and FPV equipments.
Now I am trying to DIY a racing drone.
May 18, 2016, 01:48 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGjim
I’m learning from you guys now and actually at the first time I got in touch in this area by Eachine Racer 250 which is also my promotion product. Gradually Eachine released more FPV platform and FPV equipments.

Cool. I like it when company members are involved into rc.

I did a few attempts at FPV, but with narrow FoV cameras, with too much down angle. So you need to stop to check orientation. I hope to get my most memorable experience with the Blade 185 or Falcon 180. Or maybe the E40G will be here first, it also has wide angle camera.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
May 18, 2016, 02:09 AM
My first FPV experience was with my buddies Yuneec Q500 Drone that had all the bells and whistles. He was a new RC'er and I had experience flying helis/quads LOS. It was 4th of July last year and he brought the drone out to video some cool footage of fireworks. He was scared to take her out confidently and asked me to pilot the thing and get some good vids. I gladly obliged with a big grin on my face as strapped to the transmitter. I took that thing up front row seating to some euphoric firework footage. It was then that the bug hit me and I was on the hunt for a setup of my own.

My first FPV quad was an affordable MJX X101 Wifi camera drone. I had it for a few months and it was specifically one flight that I was buzzing around my friends neighborhood when I lost signal (blame the wifi video connection) and before I knew it the quad flew away and got stuck atop a 30ft tall tree. To get to the quad my buddy and I had to hop a fence. Took about thirty minutes of throwing anything and everything to knock her out of the tree. Oh and my buddy had to fight off a raccoon that intervened with our mission. Long story short I retrieved the quad broken needing major repair. After researching and browsing many forums and online stores, I selected a more suitable FPV quad- the eachine falcon RTF kit with VR-007 goggles. That was back in March and I now own 3 FPV racer quads and am building my 4th. I still fly my Eachine falcon regularly (although a bit modded now) as it's contestably one of the best RTF racers especially for the value.
Flying FPV like many have said is like being superman- having the feeling of flight. Between racing, and skateboard like tricks it's amazingly addicting!
I've attached a before and after pic of my falcon- one of my proudest builds
Here's my maiden FPV flight with the falcon -
Falcon 250 slimmed 215 tune test (4 min 1 sec)

This is a vid from last week of my current progression in FPV
Falcon 250 slimmed 215 tune test (4 min 1 sec)

I fly almost everyday (at least a bettery or two) and set time aside to have some FPV sessions regularly. I'm hoooooked!
Last edited by specgie; May 18, 2016 at 02:42 AM.
May 18, 2016, 02:34 AM
IKNOWNOTHING
My first fpv experience was about 2 months ago with my first quadcopter I ever built, mainly sourced from banggood.

I found that just building these things was actually half the fun and after flying LOS for a few weeks I finally tried fpv..

I couldn't believe how "out of body" it felt considering how basic your average resolution is it seriously tricked me into thinking I was in the body of the quadcopter, and I still find it really weird looking at myself on the ground through the quadcopters camera.. makes me feel like its not myself there..

Have been so hooked since then, such an enjoyable feeling!
May 18, 2016, 02:45 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Cool. I like it when company members are involved into rc.

I did a few attempts at FPV, but with narrow FoV cameras, with too much down angle. So you need to stop to check orientation. I hope to get my most memorable experience with the Blade 185 or Falcon 180. Or maybe the E40G will be here first, it also has wide angle camera.
I am trying to learn more beacause my knowledge base is pool.
May 18, 2016, 03:03 AM
youtube.com searchfor danqfpv
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGjim
That's awesome, Thats how I started out too, with the er250. It must be nice to work for banggood and be into drones.

I think that would be the perfect job lol, fly drones all day

What frame are you using for your diy?
May 18, 2016, 03:39 AM
My first experience in fpv was in September 2012 with a foam airplane I built from scratch.
Obviously I haven't recorded my flight because the weight of fpv gear.
After I used a osd with gps on it and the first time when I saw the gps' information I lost my airplane on a tree.
I found it 5 days after and except for the lipo all worked great :-)

This is the video of the aircraft
Polyclone - un trainer RC in polistirolo (4 min 15 sec)
May 18, 2016, 05:28 AM
R/C Superfan
Ah yes,my first FPV flight was using my Eachine VR 007 goggles paired up to my 250 quad.Man that was a rush,fun,exciting and a bit disorienting and scary all in one After flying los for a while I was very happy to see the release of the Eachine VR goggles since they were affordable and good quality.Flying FPV was my goal from the beginning,from watching videos of others doing it I thought it would be amazing and it i,it is also more challenging than I had anticipated but with practice it gets better all the time,really enjoyable hobby
May 18, 2016, 09:16 AM
2nd in command
After 30 years of off and on RC love I saw a youtube video of the Syma X5C. This looked like something fun, fun for me and my family. After purchase I quickly found I didn't know how to fly.

Sometime later and a host of batteries/props I bought the wifi camera and amazed my kids, wife and neighbors. None of us knew FPV was so capable. While technically an fpv experience I give credit to Benedikt at MMW. I stumbled onto his youtube channel and his unique voice. This prompted me to buy some goggles and an AIO cam/vtx, mod a brushed quad and discover my wife gets very motion sick. She fell off the porch the first time wearing the goggles. She won't even watch my videos now.
May 18, 2016, 05:07 PM
I love DIY stuff and three years ago the technology was not that much available like today! I started simple, with a Hubsan X4 (very first model of it) with a small camera, transmitter and voltage regulator. I didn’t have a proper screen or googles, so I used my notebook and an USB video grabber as a video receiver. IT WAS AWESOME!!! That poor quadcopter suffered a lot of abuse and crashing with time… what an awesome sensation of freedom. My advice to all people who want to start in FPV: Keep it simple! You will crash a lot!

Quick Reply