Hobby King pterodactyl ornithopter - no spares? - RC Groups
May 17, 2016, 08:14 PM
Woof
Discussion

Hobby King pterodactyl ornithopter - no spares?

Really Hobby King? Still no spares? Anyone care to sell me a parts bird? If not I have one for sale :-)

Thanks
BigSabu
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2016, 11:56 AM

Spare ri g t wing

I need a spare right wing for the rocsky pterodactyl ornithopter. Anybody have one I can buy? Thx, scalandrillo@hotmail.com
Dec 13, 2016, 03:15 AM
Corsair Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalandrillo
I need a spare right wing for the rocsky pterodactyl ornithopter. Anybody have one I can buy? Thx, scalandrillo@hotmail.com
Any luck? I need a leg and a foot.
Feb 12, 2017, 05:14 PM

Where to get parts

Guys;

After finding the Rocsky website and having google translate it:
http://www.rocsky.cn/

I left an email message and was contacted by Angela at this email address:
angela@bonanzamould.com

She sent me a parts list and said she can be emailed for a quote. I'm currently in the process of responding with the parts I need.
She said it was fine for me to post her email address for others.

Good Luck!
Joe
Sep 11, 2017, 08:04 AM
Did you have any good luck ? And if yes, what were the prices (eg for the gears) ?
Sep 11, 2017, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBean
Did you have any good luck ? And if yes, what were the prices (eg for the gears) ?
Here are the prices . Be aware that there are two types of main gears . Your most probably is M 0.5 .
Sep 11, 2017, 03:10 PM
It is this one
Sep 11, 2017, 03:11 PM
And how did you order?
Sep 11, 2017, 04:07 PM
Yes your one is M0.5
I personaly haven't ordered nothing from them, they don't have PayPal and do not proceed credit cards so paying is difficult and the shipping is expensive. You have to send an email to Angela on English and she will tell you what to do !
Share your experience here after ordering . This will be helpful for others!
Z
Sep 13, 2017, 05:07 AM
SHARE TO KEEP LEARNING...

Rc Petrodactyl Spare Parts Stock!

Hi RC Friends,

Now RC Petrodactyl Spare Parts available in Stock and ready for send out,we acept Paypal payment and offer reasonable Shipping costs.

Please check attached list and send PM with Part Ref.,Quantity and detailed Shipping address,will response you with offer.

Thanks and Best Regards.
Ornikit.
Sep 13, 2017, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornikit
Hi RC Friends,

Now RC Petrodactyl Spare Parts available in Stock and ready for send out,we acept Paypal payment and offer reasonable Shipping costs.

Please check attached list and send PM with Part Ref.,Quantity and detailed Shipping address,will response you with offer.

Thanks and Best Regards.
Ornikit.
1.There is a mistake in your picture (offer) .
The plastic pinions are only of module M 0.5 - since they mesh with the small spur gear which is only one type M0.5 when the brass pinions have to be two types : one surely is M0.5 - the first version and the another one have to be of larger module !

2. I will appreciate an accurate mesurment of the outside diameter of the new main(large) gear measured with caliper( if possible) since I suspect that the module of this new gears isn't M0.75 but M0.8 !
Thanks in advance!

3. If you want to sale , will be better to post your prices and basic shipping costs (for example purposes ) to US , Germany,etc
or even to average shipping costs , to include it in the price and to offer the parts as with free shipping !
Sep 16, 2017, 03:21 AM
SHARE TO KEEP LEARNING...

Rc petrodactyl spares!

Hi Ztex,

Thanks for your comments but we preffer send custom offer to each customer,if anyone need this parts you know can get.

Best Regards!
Ornikit.
Sep 16, 2017, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornikit
Hi Ztex,

Thanks for your comments but we preffer send custom offer to each customer,if anyone need this parts you know can get.

Best Regards!
Ornikit.
No problem, no more advices even sorry but it's interesting , do you sold something to the moment here in your way ?
Ask yourself - why RockSky and SpyBird selling via HobbyKing but not directly? Also interesting how ( how much sales )you estimate the market and espetially here on ornithopters RC groups pages If you don't have answer on my ( they have to be
actualy your questions since I doesn't try to sell anything here ) questions ask and I will help you with the answers
Also be aware that today's world is like a small village ( thanks to the web) everything can be compared and checked very easily and extremely fast!

Z
Sep 30, 2017, 07:13 AM
which site to order ?
Sep 30, 2017, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaykumar
which site to order ?
Hi Vijay,
Seems you have two options:
1. Order from the manufacturer by sending an email to Angela ( see the email few posts up! The prices are great but you have to pay them by some bank transfer of so , no credit cards no PayPal ! Probably the shipping will be affordable to you since you are relatively close to China but discuss this with Angela befor to order !
2. Order from Ornikit by sending them an pm here on ornithopter Ornithopters RC groups - probably the prices will be higher and shipping will cost you more but they ( most probably she ,he ) accept PayPal and credit cards.
Also be aware that you probably will deal with ladies ( nothing against them even I beleave that they are the better halve of humanity so I like them and love them ) but usually not good when come to technical stuff , so ask few times the same questions and be sure that they will promise to reship you the right parts if by their mistake you receive something wrong .
There are two sets of main gear, pinion the old one is M0.5 the new one is M0.8 !
Pls report your experience after delivery here!
Success!