May 17, 2016, 08:41 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Looking for Nelson/Fora 29, 36,41 motor

I'm looking for the above motors. Any help is appreciated.
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2016, 10:07 AM
For control line combat or RC pylon use?

Nelson N36 combat engines are expensive and hard to find, Henry Nelson did a new run of them in 2014 eventually getting 91 of them sold on pre orders, I got three at $390 each

Traded away one for a lot of old skool combat kits and 50s engines

e-mail me if this is what you are looking for and a price you would be willing to offer to entice me to let loose of one of my two un run remaining N36c engines
May 19, 2016, 12:54 PM
Thread OP
Yes I'm looking for the combat version with the rectangular intake. LMK what you think is a reasonable off and we can go from there. Any chance you know where I can get a 41?
May 19, 2016, 04:17 PM
Doesn't Fora still make stuff? I though Nelson stuff was still being made too, by someone else. Mike Langlois or ? It would be sticker price either way.
May 20, 2016, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspeed
Doesn't Fora still make stuff? I though Nelson stuff was still being made too, by someone else. Mike Langlois or ? It would be sticker price either way.
I thought that the Fora 36 was a read dud of an engine. They certainly don't make anything like that anymore. The closest would be the 4.2cc RC Combat engine.

See: http://technohobby.com.ua/online-sho...ine-fora-42-cc
May 20, 2016, 10:48 AM
Not sure what a Nelson 41 might be, perhaps the Q40LS RC pylon racing engine still sold by
http://aeroracingengines.com/about.html for $425

Fora 36s are hard to get but still produced as I understand--- but in batches in the Ukrain or some where over THERE..... last I heard they were in the $300 range and hassle shipping and those costs

Put an ad in
http://flyinglines.org/index.html
for these desires as there are an aging set of combat fliers their getting out of Fast combat

I have seen combat matches at the bladder grabber near Seattle where a Fora 36 and Nelson 36 were both very competitive

I am not highly motivated to part with one the two NIB Nelsons I have, though I will never fly either in competitive combat

Thus not willing to state a selling price...only YOU know what one may be worth to you and what I paid 2 years ago

I am not suggesting some $1000 dollar offer is necessary

You can got to Seattle this Aug 5~7 and win one of the Bladder Grabber events and get a new Nelson 36 as top prize

They are the folks who contracted Henry to do the 2014 run of new N36c and they bought a few of them just for winners prizes
Last edited by Fredvon4; May 21, 2016 at 04:29 PM.
Jun 13, 2016, 03:59 PM
Old Timer
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavoss
I'm looking for the above motors. Any help is appreciated.
It's never necessary to start the same message thread over again. All you have to do is add a comment to the effect that you are "still in the market" to this original one.

I've never had any of those, personally. My last combat motor was a Fox Combat Special Mk 6 (I may still have one, although perhaps not from the first couple that I had back in the day while they were new)..

Kiwi
Jun 21, 2016, 08:10 PM
Thread OP
I was hoping for used ones to save a bit of $, but thanks for the link!
Jun 21, 2016, 09:00 PM
You might want to also have a look at the Parra engines, but they only offer 2.5 and 3.5 cc

Quick Reply