Jun 13, 2016, 04:16 AM
so you bought a rtr boat and the first question is what to swap, change....
hmmmm.......
world is changing
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2016, 06:22 AM
Suspended Account
Don't we all do that?
Jul 19, 2016, 07:35 AM
Speed is Key
To me it seems like two Spartans stuck toghether
Jul 19, 2016, 09:31 AM
Boaters are nice people.
All video's show the boat slightly porpoising at speed, something I find very unbecoming for a cat and potentially a running attitude(stability) issue.

For a RTR it's nice, but for it's size it's boringly slow...

Regards, Jan.
Aug 05, 2016, 12:45 PM
I would change regular rudder to Dual pick up rudder, change trim tabs, change prop, change strut etc. Also water proof boat
Aug 05, 2016, 12:59 PM
I don't have this boat, but I'm assuming you could use the dual pickup rudder from the Spartan.

For waterproofing use CorrosonX. The steering servo, esc, ad motor should be waterproof from the factory. The radio box says to be waterproof, but it will leak eventually. Take the receiver out of its casing, and put CorrosionX on it and let it dry fully. Then you will be all set waterproof wise. Remember to leave the hatch of when you are storing the boat.
Aug 08, 2016, 11:45 AM
I have had this boat for a week.
1st run on 6s just a 10 sec burst, it ran like a scalded dog then shut down! Problem? Batt wires melted the solder joint on the ESC.
2nd run after resolder of ESC, on 5s, ran great for total of three 5 minute runs w/cooling in between runs. Good day except won't run 6s as advertised.
3rd trip,launched boat and away she went,BUT would not turn! When I finally got her back, and in the shop, I found the servo works great as long as you don't touch the throttle!!
Man! This boat has been a royal pain, did I mention that the rubber motor cooler thing, almost sunk the boat?
I sure wish I had this to do over, it would not be this brand you can be sure. By the way a call to the factory rep was a complete waste of time, as he denies there is a problem W/ESC, and wanted me to send the whole works to them(on my dime)! I will repair myself w/anon Castle Creations 180 size ESC. I COULD OF HAD A GREAT BOAT FOR LESS MONEY. NOT HAPPY!
Aug 11, 2016, 12:25 AM
How are you guys liking your m41? I don't see a heck of a lot of interest in it on other forums. Biggest thing I noticed is guys thumbing their nose at it because of the plastic/abs hull.
Aug 11, 2016, 03:43 PM
To be fair, the hobby shop put a glitch buster on the receiver, so now have rudder and she is very fast on 5 cells, also put an aftermarket water jacket in place of cheap stock rubber one. Boat comes back dry and I haven't been able to flip or roll it ,corners like a cat!lol all the wild colors really stand out and kinda grow on you. All that said I bought a Velos48, while I was mad at theM-41 so got to sell the M-41.
Aug 11, 2016, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG LACY View Post
To be fair, the hobby shop put a glitch buster on the receiver, so now have rudder and she is very fast on 5 cells, also put an aftermarket water jacket in place of cheap stock rubber one. Boat comes back dry and I haven't been able to flip or roll it ,corners like a cat!lol all the wild colors really stand out and kinda grow on you. All that said I bought a Velos48, while I was mad at theM-41 so got to sell the M-41.
How much ?? ☺
Aug 11, 2016, 06:32 PM
Hi Stony, $350 has 2 new 3cell 5000 ma liposuction also two 2cell 5000s,li got 500 in it.
Aug 11, 2016, 06:33 PM
Ain't spell check great?lol,lol
Aug 11, 2016, 06:44 PM
What did you mean by "now have rudder?"
Aug 11, 2016, 08:02 PM
Can I pick you up on that offer for liposuction for my wife??? Ooooo burn, now to delete my browser history!
Aug 11, 2016, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE=stony30;35466064]What did you mean by "now have rudder?"[/QUOTE the rudder wouldn't work when the throttle was open. The glitch buster fixed it.

Quick Reply