Traxxas DCB M41 Widebody TSM Brushless RTR - RC Groups

Traxxas DCB M41 Widebody TSM Brushless RTR

The officially licensed Traxxas DCB M41 Widebody is modeled after the full scale cat.

Traxxas® DCB™ M41™ Widebody™ TSM Brushless RTR

Speeds Over 50 MPH

Featuring a Velineon 540XL brushless motor, a VXL-6s BL ESC, and a TQi 2-channel radio system, the all new Traxxas DCB M41 Widebody TSM Brushless RTR is capable of speeds over 50 MPH out the box on 6s LiPo power. It comes with Traxxas Stability Management that's designed to tame those turns and offers straight-line tracking at wide open throttle. The Traxxas M41 Widebody will retail for $449.95 and is due out mid June 2016.

CLICK HERE for more information.

Power and Style | The Traxxas DCB M41 Widebody (1 min 9 sec)

Specifications:

• Experience 50+ mph speeds with 6S LiPo power!
  • Precision-engineered twin-hull catamaran performs across waves and smooth water. Built-in foam flotation makes it virtually unsinkable.
  • Velineon 540XL high-output brushless motor with high-flow water cooling jacket.
  • Water-cooled, waterproof VXL-6s brushless marine ESC.
  • TQi 2-channel radio system with waterproof high-torque steering servo and 5-channel receiver. Access the Traxxas Link app with the Traxxas Link Wireless Module (sold separately).
  • Traxxas Stability Management (TSM) makes it easy to go fast.
  • Sleek design with stunning factory-applied graphics for extra excitement and visibility.
  • Flex cable drive system provides easy access to the various driveline components for quick maintenance and upgrades.
  • Sealed, watertight receiver box.
  • Stainless steel trim tabs and hardware.
  • Blue-anodized aluminum rudder support, rudder and drive strut.
  • Quick-release Power Module integrates the power system with waterproof electronics.
  • Adjustable battery trays with hook-and-loop straps.
  • Body-clip lanyard.

Last edited by Matt Gunn; May 16, 2016 at 04:01 PM..
May 17, 2016, 02:02 AM
Cat looks awesome but the god awful colour scheme gives me a headache
May 17, 2016, 02:39 AM
Usually traxxas releases a few colors of each model, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I like the real DCB Cat in the black on red scheme.

As far as this cat goes the price is pretty good, I just wish Traxxas would listen to their customers and at the very least upgrade the ESC.
May 17, 2016, 09:28 AM
cool marketing vid
May 17, 2016, 09:56 AM
Park Stormer
@Traxxas,

The 80's called. They wanted to apologize for vomiting all over your boat.

Very nice boat otherwise though
May 17, 2016, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexpredatorGT
Usually traxxas releases a few colors of each model, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I like the real DCB Cat in the black on red scheme.

As far as this cat goes the price is pretty good, I just wish Traxxas would listen to their customers and at the very least upgrade the ESC.
Whats wrong with their ESCs? I haven't had a chance to play with any of the traxxas brushless boats to find out
May 17, 2016, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostromo1
Whats wrong with their ESCs? I haven't had a chance to play with any of the traxxas brushless boats to find out

They're pretty much on the edge with 6s power. I had a spartan that I ran hundreds of times, the ESC held up, but the wires would get so hot it melts the solder at the connectors leaving the boat stranded. Other people had the ESC go up in smoke. Fun boat other than that
May 17, 2016, 09:08 PM
Pro Semi Driver
The second Traxxas r/c ever to actually look like it's full scale counterpart. Too bad it's not a twin motor setup.
May 17, 2016, 09:32 PM
Keithguy
41 size of boat? Did I miss boat length ?
May 17, 2016, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithguy
41 size of boat? Did I miss boat length ?
Boat length is 40"......M41 is derived from the 1:1 inspiration which is 41' feet long
Jun 09, 2016, 06:43 PM
Suspended Account
anyone get one yet ?
Jun 10, 2016, 10:45 AM
Tamelesstgr over on OSE
I would like to buy just a hull and build it up from there, and re-paint of course!
Jun 10, 2016, 11:30 AM
I've seen a few videos of it on the tube, honestly not very impressed. The boat looks great but at high speed it looked very unstable.

Traxxas M41 Wide Body (2 min 18 sec)
Jun 12, 2016, 05:30 PM

M41

Does anyone have the M41? I have one one the way and just curious what I should swap, change, or whatever?? Thank you for any help I really appreciate it...