Jun 09, 2016, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brlowe
I'm thinking this along with a matching 4in1 esc would be great on many quads in the 90-150 range.
As soon as they have the ESC out I will be getting 2 of each for a couple builds I have to do.
We will show something by end of this month
to remove ads between posts
Jun 09, 2016, 11:16 PM
let me guess 4in1 esc
Jun 10, 2016, 01:57 PM
Finally also the 110mm carbon frame is available:

http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewto...p=67725#p67725

Next days I will start may first build with the PIKO BLX. it will be on an 130mm frame with 12A Kiss and RCX H1105 5000KV motors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj666
I have updated my 110, 130 and 135mm frames initialy designe for the brushless AlienFlight controllers and standard 36x36mm FC's to also giving the PIKO BLX an home. The picture below will show the 135mm version. More detail can be found here:

http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewto...p=67694#p67682
Jun 10, 2016, 02:09 PM
Team Warpsquad
I look forward to seeing your build mj666 and also hear how the piko blx board works out for you.
Jun 10, 2016, 03:57 PM
Betaflight newest version 2.8.1-RC1 updated

https://github.com/NightHawk32/clean.../tag/2.8.1-RC1
Jun 11, 2016, 10:16 AM
So just kind of thinking out loud here while designing a new frame around the 20x20mm footprint......the PIKO board is a flight controller with a built-in PDB, and FFPV plans on releasing a 4-in-1 ESC board, which, historically, acts as a PDB. Which one will act as PDB, or will they both have the ability?
Jun 11, 2016, 12:18 PM

Piko connection to bound Lemon receiver?

This is how far I am in the current piko build. I have updated the firmware to the latest Betaflight build and everything connects beautifully.

However, I am having an issue with the lemon rx not speaking to the piko. I worked through the spektrum binding process and the transmitter successfully connects. (Yes, I fully completed the bind process in the CLI tab). Current settings in the configuration tab are RX_serial receiver mode, and SPEKTRUM1024 serial receiver provider.

Are there settings in the Ports tab that I need to set in order for the piko to recognize the lemon? I am using the built-in spektrum port on the bottom of the piko.

Help me keep moving along on this build! Thanks in advance!
Last edited by andimon1; Jun 11, 2016 at 01:10 PM.
Jun 11, 2016, 12:19 PM
I'd rather be building...
i'd replace my FCs with this if it had a 12v output...
Jun 11, 2016, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andimon1
However, I am having an issue with the lemon rx not speaking to the piko. I worked through the spektrum binding process and the transmitter successfully connects. (Yes, I fully completed the bind process in the CLI tab). Current settings in the configuration tab are RX_serial receiver mode, and SPEKTRUM1024 serial receiver provider.

Are there settings in the Ports tab that I need to set in order for the piko to recognize the lemon? I am using the built-in spektrum port on the bottom of the piko.

Try the UART3 port/Serial RX in the Cleanflight configurator - worked for me. I am on Cleanflight 1.13.0
Jun 11, 2016, 09:17 PM
Team Furious FPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by andimon1
This is how far I am in the current piko build. I have updated the firmware to the latest Betaflight build and everything connects beautifully.

Please use UART3 for SERIAL RECEIVER.
Jun 12, 2016, 05:07 AM

Piko BLX 130mm build

Finished my 130mm Piko BLX build. Here you can find some build pictures.

http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewto...p=67735#p67735

Configuration and maiden flight is still pending. Weather is actualy not nice to me here. Please stay tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Aaron
I look forward to seeing your build mj666 and also hear how the piko blx board works out for you.
Jun 12, 2016, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj666
Finished my 130mm Piko BLX build. Here you can find some build pictures.

http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewto...p=67735#p67735

Configuration and maiden flight is still pending. Weather is actualy not nice to me here. Please stay tuned.
Reminds me of this:

Jun 12, 2016, 05:33 AM
Might just as well share my build on an ET160

Piko BLX pre-wired and tinned:

Dry-fitting the Frsky RX:

Soldering the ESCs and placing the piko-blx on the frame:

Motors added, RX soldered on top of the Piko BLX:

Very impressed with the build commodity... mostly everything is well thought (motor numbering is correct, there's enough space around the mounting holes, pinout is easy to work with, ...)
Last edited by Bisso; Jun 12, 2016 at 05:44 AM.
Jun 12, 2016, 05:54 AM
I just wanna fly, fly, fly
Nice builds, mj666 and Bisso. I have to admit, with the four separate ESCs there are still a lot of wires, despite clean routing. All those wires must weigh a lot.

Thankfully, FuriousFPV has a 4-in-1 ESC in development. I still can't quite imagine how they will squeeze a 4-in-1 ESC into a 25x25mm PCB with 20x20mm mounting holes. However, when it's available, I'm sure the 4-in-1 ESC will clean up wiring further and save additional weight.

mj666: Funny that you used same size wire for ESC power and ESC signal.

PS: Bisso, what vTX and strange antenna is that? Does it transmit well? Is it robust?